Home

2K19: Long Pass Spam

This is a discussion on 2K19: Long Pass Spam within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2018, 11:45 AM   #57
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2K19: Long Pass Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
That's fair, because in truth we're not asking for every play to be a steal. I'm of the opinion most would be deflections out of bounds like the plays below. Either way, them breaking towards the ball prevents foolishness like that end-of-quarter Lowry three.

But not facing the offense in transition and allowing the offensive player unimpeded catches on the far side of the court? CAN'T HAPPEN.
Not only that but we arent asking for steals youre right.

But at least set the defense up in a manner that makes the player wants to pass to (GASP) the PG or whoevers back there not some cheesy hail mary that our players dont see or react to quick enough.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #58
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Welp.....pretty much the definitive clip on the long pass issue.

Pretty sure my work is done here.
Can you at least see what happen there? There ball was going out of bounds. Because it was a bad pass. But your defender tipped it back into play.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #59
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Can you at least see what happen there? There ball was going out of bounds. Because it was a bad pass. But your defender tipped it back into play.

Rant ahead.

Spoiler

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #60
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Jeebs, cmon bro....you can't seriously be rationalizing that mess. This play is indefensible and speaks to the issues of defenders having ZERO AWARENESS.

The ball is thrown right at the defenders and NOT ONLY are they clueless regarding reacting to it...but also catching or simply picking up the loose ball. The play itself is a microcosm of everything that is wrong in transition defense.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-16-2018 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #61
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Jeebs, cmon bro....you can't seriously be rationalizing that mess. This play is indefensible and speaks to the issues of defenders having ZERO AWARENESS.

The ball is thrown right at the defenders and NOT ONLY are they clueless regarding reacting to it...but also catching or simply picking up the loose ball. The play itself is a microcosm of everything that is wrong in transition defense.
Kushmir we talk about it all the time. This is the checks and balances we talk about all the time. It can't be automatic steal, it can't be a automatic turnover and it definitely can't be a automatic catch. This pass is going to be a turnover. It is because it's no way near the receiver (I'm guessing Taj Gibson here). The coding here has the ball is going out of bounds. But then you try to steal (but you didn't even press the steal button). The ball does what it suppose to do and hits you. Now it turns into a 50-50 ball (because the CPU back is to the ball He has no clue where it is). Where as in before all this. The ball was going out. It's a turnover. But once again multiple levels of different out comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Rant ahead.

Spoiler
My opinion above.

One more question... You guys are telling me you don't see bad long passes?

edit: What player runs back looking for his man and looking at the ball at the same time? It doesn't happen that way. When a player is running back he's looking for his man first and then once he's between the basket and his man. He's looking at the ball.

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-16-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #62
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Also to add. When a player is running back to his man. He shouldn't see the ball. Espeically if he is scrambling back to him. The most he can do is put his hand up as he runs back to his.

or https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd_rS0RDfbI/

This holds even more true when we are talking about long passes. Look at the first 2 clips of the video. Twice D Allen is caught running back looking for the ball. He can't find it.
https://youtu.be/ZQ0xe6D1cRo?t=18s
https://youtu.be/ZQ0xe6D1cRo?t=29s

But I repeat my question again. Do you guys see any bad long passes? Because that's basically impossible. I see bad passes all the time lol

Did you you even attempt to steal the pass? Or did you expect the defender you were controlling Amir Johnson to steal the pass?

Last edited by jeebs9; 01-16-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #63
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Kushmir we talk about it all the time. This is the checks and balances we talk about all the time.
Of course I see bad long passes...But the problem here lies with the fact that the CPU defenders are 1) Unaware of the ball. 2) Not facing the ball when getting back on defense. 3) clueless regarding loose balls (defenders should always have the advantage here--they're expecting to disrupt the play, the offense is expecting execution) This is after a score and the defense can't get back?

That's totally unacceptable.

While i'm all for a minute amount of outcomes (1 in 50) where the offensive player goes up and aggressively catches the ball. The vast majority of these passes should be easily stolen or deflected out of bounds. I'd also like to see the bad pass out of bounds you mentioned.

Plays like this with defenders back on D can't be high percentage or there's never a reason to bring the ball up conventionally.

None of the videos you posted were after made baskets....also there's the issue of presenting a low percentage play as something you can recreate in a routine manner (the #1 reason we have the issues with chase-down blocks we have now) even elite rim-runners might beat a guy up the floor less than 5x per game. When gameplay allows TD passes at will there's a HUGE issue.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-17-2018 at 01:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »