Home

Giving credit when credit is due; 2K18 has amazing options for passing the basketball

This is a discussion on Giving credit when credit is due; 2K18 has amazing options for passing the basketball within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2018, 07:30 PM   #9
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Giving credit when credit is due; 2K18 has amazing options for passing the basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
R1 L1 is one of the best kept secrets in 2K lol.
I think the bounce pass has it beat . Man I’ve gotten so many highlights with it. Players seem to catch it in rhythm better too. At least Pro-Am wise .

Anybody use the lob pass often ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Giving credit when credit is due; 2K18 has amazing options for passing the basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
What does l1 r1 do?
Throw a pass to the teammate who's closest to the basket.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:41 AM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

My favorite pass is the touch pass. And give and go on the fast break. Drives me crazy people don't know how to run a fast break properly.

Agree, R1 L1 is the biggest secret.

My favorite are the one where the ball doesn't get dribbled.

https://youtu.be/tUs1Iy_kVII

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 04:17 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
I believe this year passing controls and the amount of customization 2K allows, actually deserves a lot of praise. In this tutorial and study of my personal passing customizations, you can tell it makes a huge in game difference in terms of performance.

The detail and different passing options actually can allow a user to tailor make offences based on the uniqueness of each pass type. So props to 2K for this and hope they keep this up in 2K19; I really can't find anything I can complain on when it comes to passing customization and creativity of controls in 2K passing.

Regards,

Sam
No suggestion for the driving pass? when you are already in the air for the lay up and somebody will block you and your team-mate is on the baseline free?? you know any good pass, smooth pass for that?? that will go directly to that player and not go out of bounds or pass it to someone on the 3 point line. coz sometimes this animation got clog up and look bad. or sometimes the pass become slower for the cpu to block or tap the ball from the team mate that you pass the ball trough.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:59 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
No suggestion for the driving pass? when you are already in the air for the lay up and somebody will block you and your team-mate is on the baseline free?? you know any good pass, smooth pass for that?? that will go directly to that player and not go out of bounds or pass it to someone on the 3 point line. coz sometimes this animation got clog up and look bad. or sometimes the pass become slower for the cpu to block or tap the ball from the team mate that you pass the ball trough.

Jump pass can work only if you are throwing the ball to someone in front of you (e.g. a bigman under the basket) or very close to you, otherwise it's almost always a turnover or a very clumsy catch that will allow the defence to recover anyway.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:03 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I think the bounce pass has it beat . Man I’ve gotten so many highlights with it. Players seem to catch it in rhythm better too. At least Pro-Am wise .

Anybody use the lob pass often ?

To me directional passing is still too unreliable to be used consistently, and icon passing is the only way to go if you are a playmaker/point forward.

Hence no bounce or lob passes for me, but only regular passes or flashy passes using the modified right stick.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
Jump pass can work only if you are throwing the ball to someone in front of you (e.g. a bigman under the basket) or very close to you, otherwise it's almost always a turnover or a very clumsy catch that will allow the defence to recover anyway.
so there is no good button to press to achieve a better result with this situation?? coz i find to be in this scenario a lot and it did get turnover a lot becoz of what you just mentioned. so you think2k need to update/make better animation for this scenario. weird that nobody catch this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
so there is no good button to press to achieve a better result with this situation?? coz i find to be in this scenario a lot and it did get turnover a lot becoz of what you just mentioned. so you think2k need to update/make better animation for this scenario. weird that nobody catch this.
You can also attempt a flashy pass out of your shot. I personally don't use the flashy pass much. I hear using a flashy pads out of a Driving layup or dunk attempt can work well.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »