Home

There's not enough fouls...(why do we tolerate this?)

This is a discussion on There's not enough fouls...(why do we tolerate this?) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
There's not enough fouls...(why do we tolerate this?)

Why? Isn't this what sliders are for? If I put the shooting foul slider to 100 the CPU should be shooting 50 or 60 something FT's, yet every game with the slider at 100 I'll be lucky if the CPU shoots 15 Free throws.

Why do we tolerate this? Is sim gaming dead? Is no one playing offline? Is everyone just in the park? I just don't know how this is accepted here on this site or in the 2K community.

First thing people tell me is adjust the tendencies, well a slider maker named Devroyce had a great idea to globally jack up the Take Charge, On Ball Steal,Contest Shot, and Foul tendencies in your roster and that KIND OF works...but guess what....go into Myleague and now every team shoots 35 FT's a game every game.....so that's a no go.

What is it going to take for these guys to give us realistic fouls and turnovers? Or is this it? Is Sim basketball truly dead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 04:20 AM   #2
Pro

Re: There's not enough fouls...(why do we tolerate this?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
Why? Isn't this what sliders are for? If I put the shooting foul slider to 100 the CPU should be shooting 50 or 60 something FT's, yet every game with the slider at 100 I'll be lucky if the CPU shoots 15 Free throws.

Why do we tolerate this? Is sim gaming dead? Is no one playing offline? Is everyone just in the park? I just don't know how this is accepted here on this site or in the 2K community.

First thing people tell me is adjust the tendencies, well a slider maker named Devroyce had a great idea to globally jack up the Take Charge, On Ball Steal,Contest Shot, and Foul tendencies in your roster and that KIND OF works...but guess what....go into Myleague and now every team shoots 35 FT's a game every game.....so that's a no go.

What is it going to take for these guys to give us realistic fouls and turnovers? Or is this it? Is Sim basketball truly dead?
offline is good and realistic when it comes to your concerns maybe just tweak the sliders more and you'll get the best one to your preference.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Unhappy Re: There's not enough fouls...(why do we tolerate this?)

Quote:

+1000 THIS!!!!!!
2k have to read this

this game in offline mode is BROKEN!

it's so simple to split the foul system in 2 mode
one for the mypark online guy that prefer to have less fouls
one for the realistic offline game, where we need realistic stats at the end of a game

THE NON - SHOOTING FOULS SYSTEM IS THE PROBLEM

we need from 6 to 10 non shooting fouls per team, in the game we are far away from that
Old 01-08-2018, 05:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
offline is good and realistic when it comes to your concerns maybe just tweak the sliders more and you'll get the best one to your preference.
no it's wrong
we already tried ALL kind of settings , and at the moment this game need a patch, there isn't any sliders settings that can solve this problem

no
Old 01-08-2018, 05:37 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny80
no it's wrong
we already tried ALL kind of settings , and at the moment this game need a patch, there isn't any sliders settings that can solve this problem

no
well im playing just fine getting the right amount of fouls from illegal pick charging, reaching, shooting. i dont know whose slider i download before but it did help with some tweaking to make the game more realistic and plus reduce all the shooting to 40(layup,mid,close,3's and keep the speed game in 52. and yeah it did resolve the time out for some reason.

the only patch this game needs is the updated CF and Hair. i dont think they need to touch any of this gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 05:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
well im playing just fine getting the right amount of fouls from illegal pick charging, reaching, shooting. i dont know whose slider i download before but it did help with some tweaking to make the game more realistic and plus reduce all the shooting to 40(layup,mid,close,3's and keep the speed game in 52. and yeah it did resolve the time out for some reason.

the only patch this game needs is the updated CF and Hair. i dont think they need to touch any of this gameplay.
i don't believe your result are good as the real nba team stats
please post here some of your team stats, in game of 12 min quarter, and we can see if you are right
but more important post here the slider that you use, and other settings, so we can test your words

at the moment are only words my friend

i'm following the sliders section of this forum from the start, i have already test all of them, and i know that we are far away from a good result about the fouls

we need from 20 to 30 FT per team
we need 20 AVG fouls per team (from 18 to 24)

Last edited by penny80; 01-08-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:46 AM   #7
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

I'm getting the right amount of fouls (12~24) with all foul sliders 100 for both cpu & user and some tendency tweaks.
However, majority of those fouls are shooting fouls.
There's absolutely no loose ball foul. the only non shooting foul is an illegal pick that looks somewhat periodical lol.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich
I'm getting the right amount of fouls (12~24) with all foul sliders 100 for both cpu & user and some tendency tweaks.
However, majority of those fouls are shooting fouls.
There's absolutely no loose ball foul. the only non shooting foul is an illegal pick that looks somewhat periodical lol.
the avg of the fouls need to be 20 per team
i don't believe that with your settings can reach that

i'm already tested your kind of settings in the past and in the present
the avg of the fouls is still too low

btw i'm agree with you , the majority of the fouls are shooting, the other ones are the problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »