Home

"Tendencies" progression

This is a discussion on "Tendencies" progression within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 01:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Tendencies" progression

I play a lot of MyLeague and often sim entire regular seasons, so it doesn't take me too long to get deep in a save. I'm big on realism and something is starting to really bother me.

Young players - be it a current young player like Tatum or a future created prospect like Bagley III - will generally start their careers as lower usage players. Their talent-level is not currently allowing them to put up 23+PPG, naturally, and their tendencies (touches, shots) will reflect that. As it should. However, when their attributes go up, and they reach the talent level that should allow them to lead a franchise and put up these numbers, their tendencies remain put. Meaning I have to manually go in and edit their tendencies, when I figure it's time. That's hella annoying, and results in some weird sparks in a lot of players' production from one year to the other. Should be more of a natural flow. Is there a way (setup options, sliders, something!?) for that to happen automatically?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
MVP

Re: "Tendencies" progression

No

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
I play a lot of MyLeague and often sim entire regular seasons, so it doesn't take me too long to get deep in a save. I'm big on realism and something is starting to really bother me.

Young players - be it a current young player like Tatum or a future created prospect like Bagley III - will generally start their careers as lower usage players. Their talent-level is not currently allowing them to put up 23+PPG, naturally, and their tendencies (touches, shots) will reflect that. As it should. However, when their attributes go up, and they reach the talent level that should allow them to lead a franchise and put up these numbers, their tendencies remain put. Meaning I have to manually go in and edit their tendencies, when I figure it's time. That's hella annoying, and results in some weird sparks in a lot of players' production from one year to the other. Should be more of a natural flow. Is there a way (setup options, sliders, something!?) for that to happen automatically?
that 2 sentences didnt go to well i suggest that you actually played the game thats more realistic and maybe youll get all the result you lookin for.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay

This would be extremely difficult to code effectively. I don't think 2K has a great grasp on existing tendencies and their correlation to production - much less the ability to implement stat-based evolution.

The number of people who get multi-years deep into MyLeague (who actually play the games) is so few that it's not really worth the resources to implement that kinda tech at present either.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 01-10-2018, 11:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e
that 2 sentences didnt go to well i suggest that you actually played the game thats more realistic and maybe youll get all the result you lookin for.
I don't really see why. If I start a MyLeague with Memphis fx. and look to pull the trigger and start a rebuild, I obviously have zero interest in playing games during the first season. I want to trade whatever value the team holds (Gasol, Conley etc.) for young assets, draft picks and cap relief. So obviously I sim the first season completely as I'm looking to tank anyways. Then in the second season, I might start playing more games, as I now have a core of young players that I want to move forward with.

I think you completely misunderstood my question. It was purely for simmed games. For example, I might not have Jayson Tatum on my team, but if he's the best player on the Celtics roster, then I want his stats to reflect that, in order for the larger picture of the NBA landscape to feel more "real". But I guess I'll have to adjust that manually when I go through the seasons. It makes sense that it's too difficult for 2K to implement, but I just hoped otherwise as I have seen tendencies change a little (Lonzo going from 65 (I think) 99 in alley-oop tendency (which is pretty weird to be honest).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
Pro

Just another key myleague feature that 2k doesnt care about.

Its all about myplayer, us myleague guys are forced to do 30 team control, use heavily edited rosters and draft classes, and adjust it all as we go
Old 01-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #7
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1

I hear ya man. I'm also a MyLeague player who likes to go 10-15+ years into it and also values realism. The tendency issues have always been a problem. Not only with individual players but, if un-fixed, the league-leader in ppg after a few years can average 23 ppg which is ridiculous.

What i tend to do is at the beginning of each season I go to Rosters - Entire League and click start for quick edit. I sort all the players by overall rating and then quickly fix the shot tendencies. So anyone rated 85+ who is a scorer (not like Deandre Jordan, for example) I raise their shot tendency.

Young players shot tendencies usually go up as their rating progresses, but only 1 or 2 attribute points a year. Hardly enough. Jason Tatum's shot tendency at default is a 57. I went ahead and changed it to 70 immediately. I review it again every start of the season.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
I hear ya man. I'm also a MyLeague player who likes to go 10-15+ years into it and also values realism. The tendency issues have always been a problem. Not only with individual players but, if un-fixed, the league-leader in ppg after a few years can average 23 ppg which is ridiculous.

What i tend to do is at the beginning of each season I go to Rosters - Entire League and click start for quick edit. I sort all the players by overall rating and then quickly fix the shot tendencies. So anyone rated 85+ who is a scorer (not like Deandre Jordan, for example) I raise their shot tendency.

Young players shot tendencies usually go up as their rating progresses, but only 1 or 2 attribute points a year. Hardly enough. Jason Tatum's shot tendency at default is a 57. I went ahead and changed it to 70 immediately. I review it again every start of the season.
That's basically what I do for now too. Except I never thought about going into quick edit, instead of doing it via the "edit player" tab - good shout!

It's still really tedious, but I get how it would be hard for the devs to implement though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »