Home

NBA2K18 was the 2nd Best Selling game of 2017

This is a discussion on NBA2K18 was the 2nd Best Selling game of 2017 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

https://venturebeat.com/2018/01/18/n...s-of-the-year/

That's incredible and I for one would like to say congrats to the team. It's easy to be negative, and criticism is warranted. But 2k18 really is a great game. I hope they learned from the VC hub bub and generally the mood surrounding microtransactions in gaming now. Flesh out CAP more and get the online MyLeague up to par with offline and I think we'll be golden for 2K19. Just dont slow down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #2
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

What's number #1

Edited: Nevermind I typed before clicking on the link lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 09:03 AM   #3
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Re: NBA2K18 was the 2nd Best Selling game of 2017

On the one hand, good for them. On the other hand, all this does is indicate the focus on microtransactions is only going to get worse and more explicit.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe

That's incredible and I for one would like to say congrats to the team. It's easy to be negative, and criticism is warranted. But 2k18 really is a great game. I hope they learned from the VC hub bub and generally the mood surrounding microtransactions in gaming now. Flesh out CAP more and get the online MyLeague up to par with offline and I think we'll be golden for 2K19. Just dont slow down.
And people say they are done with the game. I laugh and comment every single time.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:36 AM   #5
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
On the one hand, good for them. On the other hand, all this does is indicate the focus on microtransactions is only going to get worse and more explicit.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Operation Sports mobile app
I think the entire gaming industry is looking at how to properly balance micro transactions after the Star Wars fiasco. Its capitalism, people are spending money on this stuff. I wouldnt. But thats me. Star Wars BF was supposedly (I don't have it so I can't say) so bad that Disney stepped in. Yet it still was top 10. It probably would have been higher though without the uproar. There a place for micros they just need to be balanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe

does the best selling include all the micro stuff too I'd suppose? Regardless, you'd think that 2k is aware of the hate that is spreading in the community for this now evil practice and they'd mellow out especially for next year. I've never seen so much negativity in a single game before, only Battlefront 2 has probably received more backlash...
Old 01-19-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
does the best selling include all the micro stuff too I'd suppose? Regardless, you'd think that 2k is aware of the hate that is spreading in the community for this now evil practice and they'd mellow out especially for next year. I've never seen so much negativity in a single game before, only Battlefront 2 has probably received more backlash...
They're more than aware but they won't let up. The CEO of Take-Two himself came out and said it's all about the microtransactions now. If anything, being number 2 for the year just enables their belief to possibly double—maybe triple—down on it.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:51 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

No surprise on my end. NBA 2K18 has depth, numerous modes, and realism that sucks you right in. I really enjoy playing this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »