Home

2K19: Inbound Steals

This is a discussion on 2K19: Inbound Steals within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 2K19: Inbound Steals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
From today....(notice how easy these are to capture)

Steal Spam (which yields no steal--it FAILS) disrupts the play-call and damn near pushes me out of bounds. Again: Gameplay has to have negative steal outcomes.

Well at least you picked up your dribble lol. Never seen that animation.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #10
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Well at least you picked up your dribble lol. Never seen that animation.
Ever? wow....I see it too often. Maybe its because I run plays a lot. And I didnt pick up my dribble--the steal spam forced all of that. i'm not in control after the 8 second mark.

thats ridiculous....I wanna point out again, he doesnt even steal the ball. The game can't produce generate no-lose outcomes like this.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-18-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #11
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
From today....(notice how easy these are to capture)

Steal Spam (which yields no steal--it FAILS) disrupts the play-call and damn near pushes me out of bounds. Again: Gameplay has to have negative steal outcomes.

I find you at fault here for loosely dribbling the ball in front your defender while dialing up a play from near half court from an standstill position.

I would expect a pro or player with more awareness to go into the protect dribble position while dialing up a play. The fact you're that far away from help with a defender in your grill makes it even more imperative you protect your dribble. If I'm him I'm counting on a steal or a forced dribble pickup.

That's kind of cocky and naive what you're doing there like playing with fire baiting him to reach.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #12
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I find you at fault here for loosely dribbling the ball in front your defender while dialing up a play from near half court from an standstill position.

I would expect a pro or player with more awareness to go into the protect dribble position while dialing up a play. The fact you're that far away from help with a defender in your grill makes it even more imperative you protect your dribble. If I'm him I'm counting on a steal or a forced dribble pickup.

That's kind of cocky and naive what you're doing there like playing with fire baiting him to reach.

Wow. Dribbling the ball means tempting people to reach now? YIKES. 😂😂 You're def one of those guys asking assault victims what they were wearing huh? 😂😂

Curious....you play online much? Because while I use protect ball at times, its a huge tell. it lets the D know youre waiting for a play to run and lets them anticipate your pass among other things. A live ball still has the threat of a drive. In a PVP environment tells and not being aggressive at the defender at all is like...really bad.

sometimes i'll call a play and then fake drive, back up and then run the play.....again: tells = BAD.

Think of a RB who always looks at the linemen who he's running behind, or a user who always sends a TE in motion to the side hes running...make sense now?

I'm retired from Madden but i used to call a pass audible on running plays sometimes just to throw guys off. Or switch the play side (a run tell) when i was throwing a screen. Savvy players pick up on tendencies....I know I do. You're playing another user....you kinda have to act like it.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-17-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The quick inbound is 100% user controlled and should be punishable as it was in that clip...it'd essentially be letting the offense off the hook and absolving them of responsibility there..

I see WAY more reach in calls (to the point its absurd because legit attempts get punished too often) than I see attempts impacting dribblers tbh....but I agree with seeing more 'fails'...

Give me failed attempts taking me out of position over instant reach in fpuls any day..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #14
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The quick inbound is 100% user controlled and should be punishable as it was in that clip...it'd essentially be letting the offense off the hook and absolving them of responsibility there..

I see WAY more reach in calls (to the point its absurd because legit attempts get punished too often) than I see attempts impacting dribblers tbh....but I agree with seeing more 'fails'...

Give me failed attempts taking me out of position over instant reach in fpuls any day..

no reasonable person has an issue with good timing/skillset producing steals. the issue is that bad timing/skillset produces so few negative outcomes....especially relative to the number of attempts.

imo we need both the risk of a foul or being out of position....single outcomes are bad. 2k did a great job with sideline cheese this year because you dont know which outcome it will generate. you cant give savvy users any steal options that they know will never be whistled.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-18-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #15
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz

NBA players hardly need to turn away from the defender so nothing about him dribbling in front of the defender is cocky. Good ball handling should win vs a bad or over aggressive defenders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 09:24 PM   #16
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Another reason why inbounds steals are easy to get is because the defender can get as close to the inbounder as they want and don't necessarily have to play the recipient of the inbound pass only the ball.

The defender should have to guard a body to prevent the pass. It's too easy as it is now. I'm probably avg 2 a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »