Home

NBA2K18 was the 2nd Best Selling game of 2017

This is a discussion on NBA2K18 was the 2nd Best Selling game of 2017 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #9
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2K18 was the 2nd Best Selling game of 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
does the best selling include all the micro stuff too I'd suppose? Regardless, you'd think that 2k is aware of the hate that is spreading in the community for this now evil practice and they'd mellow out especially for next year. I've never seen so much negativity in a single game before, only Battlefront 2 has probably received more backlash...
That's just units sold. A basketball game is right behind COD. I think 2K, like the industry itself, is adjusting to consumer sentiment on micros. And thats a good thing. Balance is the key. Money is great, but there is a line. At this point they don't have to do anything and they'd still print money. 2K18 was at like 2 stars at one point on Amazon. It clearly didn't hurt them. At its core though 2K is a good game and I think that comes through more than anything else. It has the fluff but the substance is there as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
And people say they are done with the game. I laugh and comment every single time.
If they really are done with the game there's someone else picking it up. Regardless, its not as bad and dour as some like to make it seem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #11
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

The rankings are kind of subjective being that they dont included digital sales which I would assume would account for a large precentage of video game sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 10:34 PM   #12
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
They're more than aware but they won't let up. The CEO of Take-Two himself came out and said it's all about the microtransactions now. If anything, being number 2 for the year just enables their belief to possibly double—maybe triple—down on it.
Personally, I dont have any problems with micros, BUT theres a certain place for them. The shops, the haircuts, all those being micros im fine with, to an extent. The fact they made the grind so much longer to the point buying money for it is almost necessary? That is what crosses the line. As soon as a developer makes a core element of gameplay involved with micros and pay-to-win situations, they've gone too far. Even with the 2K League, its still there. Its much easier to win 50 Pro-Am games with a team of 90s than it is with a team of 70s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »