Home

Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game?

This is a discussion on Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #73
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game?

I will never enjoy this eleague junk cuz it doesn't represent the game in which I love.

And I'm not talking about 2k I'm talking about basketball.

Pro am (has) the ability to be the most "sim" mode in all of 2k. Because it's 5 people all with the opportunity to run plays and schemes and control each player instead of a computer...but...

All you really see, especially when I've played top ranked teams, is 5 out offense with centers hitting 35 foot three pointers and lots of moving screens.
The guards will force you into broken ankle animations and stumbles which equals an instant open shot.
Lots of step backs that no matter how hard you try you just can't always defend.
And these big men should be sweet down low but aye just bring unstoppable doubles and run into someone's legs for a steal lol.

If I seen people running some real ball and plays and utilizing different builds as I'm sure 2k might have intended this would be cool. But I feel like too many exploits will just kill it for anyone who doesn't invest hours upon hours every day learning new tricks.

That's just me tho..unless a different build eliminates this I don't see the attraction.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #74
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
You can hate all you want but this ain't a courtroom: there is no oath to take and you can't force accountability.

I understand we are not empowered to spread outlandish lies and should be put in our place when we do. The mods also have the power and jurisdiction to correct this behavior with a penalty so let's leave the officiating to them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I don't see an issue with the situation whatsoever. Jeebs was talking like a know it all and got corrected. He didn't want to admit he was in the wrong from the jump and couldn't provide any facts to back up his claim when asked several times. I don't think anybody said anything disrespectful towards one another. Argument was a little drawn out but nothing too crazy that would warrant any action lol. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I will never enjoy this eleague junk cuz it doesn't represent the game in which I love.

And I'm not talking about 2k I'm talking about basketball.

Pro am (has) the ability to be the most "sim" mode in all of 2k. Because it's 5 people all with the opportunity to run plays and schemes and control each player instead of a computer...but...

All you really see, especially when I've played top ranked teams, is 5 out offense with centers hitting 35 foot three pointers and lots of moving screens.
The guards will force you into broken ankle animations and stumbles which equals an instant open shot.
Lots of step backs that no matter how hard you try you just can't always defend.
And these big men should be sweet down low but aye just bring unstoppable doubles and run into someone's legs for a steal lol.

If I seen people running some real ball and plays and utilizing different builds as I'm sure 2k might have intended this would be cool. But I feel like too many exploits will just kill it for anyone who doesn't invest hours upon hours every day learning new tricks.

That's just me tho..unless a different build eliminates this I don't see the attraction.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
It's a monkey see monkey do community. It took 1 team to run 5 out this year and now everybody is committed to it (On the Xbox side anyway). All you seen was slashing rebounders at first now it's Stretch Rim Protectors or Stretch Rebounders on every team. I think the combine will make people switch their style of play up though. PG's may not have the 86 Ball Control to momentum cross or speed boost and that pretty much kills 5 out. Not to mention the signature style presets and stuff. It's gonna be interesting.

Last edited by Korrupted; 01-30-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:35 PM   #75
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5

i feel ya, but if they didn't state this, would we know by watching? i am ready to see two user controlled teams really mimic a real game tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #76
Pro

[quote=Kushmir;2049198635][quote=ph33;2049198461]DOTA and CS are good examples. Same game for everyone no matter the scene. When I play DOTA I can only play with people in the slums tiers, because that's my level. When I play against good players, they're going to whoop my *** because they are THAT good at the game and know the small details much better than I. But it's not because they've been playing a different version of the game. It's because they're amazing. Likewise, in CS. An ak-47 doesn't have different recoil in casual than it does competitive. And so when you watch competitive players play and what makes them good, you can try to infuse the same elements in your own game to try to improve a little at a time.
Quote:

☝☝☝This all day.

Its perfectly stated...its the difference between competition at the highest level and shrinking the skill gap so the game is "fun". It why so much of gaming at the highest level is shooter-based....because they figured it out early.

I lol'd at your example of not being in the same ballpark as elite players. This is as it should be. Elite players wont play a game where they have to struggle with casuals because block timing doesn't matter or the stepback always creates separation.

Games that truly reward skill will always, always lead the way. See Rocket League, LoL, CS or even R6: Siege for details.
All of this is true in theory.

When it comes to 2k18. There are so many overpowered animations, blown layups for no reason, dropped wide open passes for no reason, ankle breaker animations for no reason, Bigmen pivoting until they slip thru your body(like a ghost), a lack of fronting the big man on defense where if you time it you can at least tip the pass. So many balls going thru your body, so many playmakers dribbling side to side while the defender is sitting on one side of their body and the ball never pops loose..it just goes thru the defenders body. a lot of slashers/playmakers have half of their body inside of the defenders body when going to the rack..which means that defender's body almost means nothing in that scenario. etc. etc etc.

There are too many obvious things wrong with 2k leave it the way it was with everyone badged up 90+ players.

You have a 2 kinds of ELITE 2k players:

1. The player who knows all of the bogus 2k animations/canned or otherwise/ glitches/exploits(certain shot releases getting more greens, certain releases going in more often with the identical same good to perfect release timing as other shots) and knows a little bit about real basketball.

^^These are the guys that are on top of the ELITE team leader boards every year. No hate. I know it sounds that way. I'm just stating the facts.

2. The player who knows some of the bogus 2k animations,etc as above. but knows a lot about real basketball and how to run offenses(Plural, not just a 5 out, not just a pick and pop, pick and roll, drive and kick.) those that know how to play multiple defenses properly(not just a zone(2-3 or 3-2, but a 1-3-1, Trapping in the corners. how to properly rotate a zone. its not what most people think just moving side to side in that area. it actually rotates like the middle is a pin and you rotate clockwise(this is how you defend the open spots in the normal 2-3 zone just an example.)

3. Players that know real basketball. but dont know anything about how to trigger the bogus 2k animations. They just know real basketball.

These 3 types of players will end up beating most casuals in a 7 game playoff series. The top 2 types will beat casuals by 20+ every time. The top#1 will destory casuals and beat #3 every single time by 20+ and will beat #2 most of the time.

Here's the question. Does #1 KNOW THE 2k better than #2 and 3? YEP. Does that make them elite at 2k? YEP. IS this nba 2k league just about being ELITE at 2k as is or is it about trying to have 2k simulate close to real life NBA basketball on a video game?

I kind of think its more of the later than the former. Thats the only thing that explains why they didnt allow for people to use their current builds or have builds with hall of fame badges and leaving the sliders as in during the Team pro am games.

Its pretty obvious if you've played in the combine. 2k's sliders are forcing you to throw the ball away or drop passes for no reason other than to simulate
a box score with more turnovers to be more realistic. to keep you from trying certain passes which should be automatic catches and or scores. this keeps the scoring down to a more realistic PPG for both teams.

Same thing with all the blown layups. This is done by design to help force a box score thats more realistic.

Anyone ever wonder why the 6 mins per quarter combine scores for both teams are either the same or lower than a regular pro am game at 5 mins per quarter? This is done on purpose.

50% of the frustration are bad teammates. the other 50% are these sliders.

Notice, most people's ankles are not getting taken in the combine. sure it happens every blue moon. Why? because in real life you're not taking people's ankles like Datboy dimez does in the video game as normally setup. Which is why I would love to see what his and other ELITE pro am guys games are looking like in that combine. Not talking about Centers. That position is OP^10000. Any casual can drop 20 and 20 at that position in most games. because thats who the pg passes it to for automatic assists and the game allows Centers more so than any other position morph thru people/or clip thru bodys inside the paint around the basket for scores. they also can rebound just on pure height alone.

But you get my point. you are correct. those guys are the ELITE 2k players. But does that look seem like the look 2k is going for in the future for this real life league? I dont think so. because after awhile. if you saw in real life. dudes dropping each other left and right with the bogus ankle breaker animation kicking in even when the defender isnt moving left or right. You as a viewer would stop watching the broadcast of the games. which means who is the advertisers going to advertise too which means if there is no Ad money, how are the players and GM's going to get paid?

It has to be entertaining to watch. and the entertainment value dies when all there is, is 100% highlights all game long. eventually those high lights are now just normal lights because they happen all the time with no legit reasoning to them outside of "lol..you know how 2k is.haa haa"

I think they want it to be real hoop more so than silly animations assisting everyone. With that said. Right now as the combine currently is setup..sliders and all. It needs a ton of work too. They went to one extreme from another extreme. now its time to bring it closer back to the middle.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
i feel ya, but if they didn't state this, would we know by watching? i am ready to see two user controlled teams really mimic a real game tho.
This is where the combine wont shine but the real league will WITH COACHING.

Like every team will need a real head coach to run plays have his guys practice sets, etc. Its about to get real. the reason it has to be this way is because if you can't do all the cartoonish moves anymore. you actually have to use a basketball IQ to make sure you defeat your opponent every time. and i'm not just talking about spacing. i'm talking about how to run plays. how to set screens, how to SLIP screens(fake the screen and slide down, etc.)

but again, some of the funny animations and shaky sliders messes with your ability to play real hoop too. its a double edge sword at this moment.

i've said this to people many times and most people get it. a lot of elite guys play on hall of fame mode. I've told people time and time again. Dont play on any mode above PRO. ....dont go nuts yet.

Here's why? You start with PRO, then you tweak the sliders accordingly to get the proper game.

Hall of fame is not realistic at all. sure its harder to score. but its not for realistic reasons. The reason most of you NEED to play on hall of fame is to stop you from cheesing/abusing exploits and not playing actual basketball vs the CPU on other levels.

see what i said there^^. a lot of us use unrealistic tactics to score because we can. thats why you need that other level. You need to have freedom of movement. Where you can dunk every single time if the person isnt cutting your lane off. nothing should stop you from dunking every time outside of late game fatigue(height, vertical) and sure you should miss a few just off of timing every blue moon). Basketball in real life does not make you blow a dunk or a layup when your defender isnt a good one and he doesnt have good paint defense to help him. you will score on him every single time. it wont stop until him and his teammates do something to stop it. This is the way the game should be setup but its not.

You miss wide open shots to create the IDEA that its a realistic box score at the end. The defense in real life has to adjust to stop it. adjust doesnt mean just stand in the paint with a rim protector not actually cutting the lane offf but just standing close to the paint and knocking the offensives guys badge down to bronze and then all of a sudden he blows the layup. that aint real either.

MAKE ME MISS. Get over there and cut that drive off. Then time your hands up to make the shot harder. allow the offensive guy to adjust his shot mid air with that tight good defense on him. can he concentrate well enough to still get off a good shot? if not. its bricked. if so. it still has a good chance of going in. does that defender jump to block that shot at the right time? if so, SEND that nonsense into the 3rd row or allow him to control block it Not back to the offensive team AUTOMATICALLY like it does now. its supposed to be Risk and Reward. how on earth do they allow you to spam reach so much without foul calls. but if you cut a guy off you're likely to get called for a bogus charge. makes no sense. that aint realistic.

These are the types of things they need to cleanup and that combine setup is closer to that than the normal game which is 100% space jams, cartoon, harlem globtrotters, and 1 mixtape, ballup, etc.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #78
Pro

and one last thing. for those other non Point guard players that are mad that they cant have their teammates..you know the pure player makers or playmakers with that gold or hall of fame dimer badge. Lol at you thinking that this would be fair to others players who dont have friends or teammates with those same badges.

Your stick skills are not being shown when you have a hall of fame dimer guy passing to you. you do know we know this right?

I hear you yelling "Green" like you did something special when in reality that PG's hustle to get the badge is whats propping you up. now some of you are money with or without that help. but most are not. this is another reason they didnt allow people to bring their entire teams into the combine.

why do that when we already see the team pro am leader boards. they could draft from there using that logic. Let me see what you about without that crutch. cause that crutch may not be in this nba 2k league build.

Last edited by splashmountain; 02-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:24 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 3

The combine plays like the day 1 version of Play Now gameplay. Made shots are less likely to be green, lay-ups and inside shots are more difficult for non-interior builds and badges are toned down.

I'd prefer it this way for main game with 3 secs being roughly 3 1/2 instead of like 5 secs and the inability to catch the ball smoothly for 0.5 secs after the screen setting animation.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:31 AM   #80
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

this game might be a little weird if its run as an e-league thats based on a real sport, too many weird instances that happen that are just random and not in the players control, most competitive games are based simply on the players skill and the mechanics are absolute and straight forward to the player. I dont really like any e league stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »