Home

Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game?

This is a discussion on Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
this game might be a little weird if its run as an e-league thats based on a real sport, too many weird instances that happen that are just random and not in the players control, most competitive games are based simply on the players skill and the mechanics are absolute and straight forward to the player. I dont really like any e league stuff.
you do have a point. i keep telling people. The combine is frustrating not just due to the bad randoms. Its also due to 2k's animations for no reason at times. and I mean a lot of times. some guys snagging boards like crazy not even with a rebounding archetype and zero position/not boxing out. just running and jumping. SNAG. while you have 2 or 3 teammates boxing out like crazy. we lost one board last night where 3 of us were in the paint holding LT boxing out. we had them pushed back so far you could see the dotted charge circle line. there was no one there since we were boxing out like crazy. This dude just JUMPS morphs thru one of us and grabs the board. HOW SWAY? HOW?

You see that kind of stuff so often on 2k its crazy. They are going to have a lot of players being recorded on video during the season cursing 2k out. cause everyone does it. You drop that easy catch. you catch it and drops the pass for no reason at all "&%$^& 2k...come on 2k Do better"
You're using the sticks making a proper move in the paint supposed to be going toward the basket and your big decides to do a face away jump hook with the wrong hand and expose it to the defender thats on that side that you were never angling your stick towards..."&%$## 2k... I wasnt doing that..come ON "

When you get that breakaway and they make you blow the layup even on a perfectly timed layup release(as if you need to perfectly time a layup in real life to make one when you're by yourself)

When there's money on the line in those tournaments and wins on the line. Dudes are going to be losing their minds. I promise you this. that might be the entertaining part. watching dudes lose it live on camera and cursing out bad 2k animations while playing in a 2k league. 2k better put that in the contracts or fining players when they talk dirty about 2k while playing. hee hee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #82
Pro

This topic was discussed a lot in this recent podcast and was really interesting throughout.

They basically discuss all of the initial questions and concerns that come along with having the 2KLeague on a different build than the one everyone else is playing.

Old 04-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #83
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

A different build would just have different exploits, not necessarily fewer, so I don't see the point. It may have a custom difficultly setting with sliders and stuff.

I think the goal of a league like this is to be self regulated. Not too different from real sports where blatant anti sportsmanship is met with media, fan, and fellow player disapproval. The challenge with eSports is you have more opportunities and I guess a general detachment from the concept of a good sportsman. So there will be tests early on, and I suspect the quality and appeal of the league will be determined by how it and its community handle it.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #84
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

The only issue I would have is if the e-league build wasn't accessible in the retail build of 2k19. What I mean by that is that I understand that the retail version has to be more accessible to non-pro or "power" users. It has to be more "cheese" for lack of a better term. I also think there's a group of sim users who want the most authentic version of sim basketball available. Maybe 2k doesn't want to alienate some by essentially saying they're playing in the kiddie pool so to speak. idk

I also don't like the fact that the e-league is being played on PC when PC users where ineligible. I understand why they made that decision because the game is full of hackers and script-kiddies. However, it's been like that for years. I just wish they would implement something because it's far to easy to hack with little to no repercussions.

It's the first year though so they should be given leeway.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:33 AM   #85
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm certain that no other competitive scene has split the builds of the game between the competitive scene and the regular public. In fact, literally every other scene adjusts to whatever the current build is of the game along with everyone else. This is mainly for a couple of reasons:

1. It levels the playing field. Why have a different build than what everyone else is playing if the whole point of the competitive scene is to get better than everyone else playing the same game?

2. Patch costs. It isn't free to make a patch, especially if you're developing games for consoles. Running a separate build for what is, essentially, less than 1% of your player base - concurrent with a public build of the game - seems like a massive waste of money.

Of course, 2K Games clearly doesn't give a **** about the people actually playing their games, just the people who spent the most money to become the highest-rated players that get to play in this ****show league. So it totally isn't surprising to see them split their playerbase in pieces just to support tournament play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 12:12 PM   #86
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
The only issue I would have is if the e-league build wasn't accessible in the retail build of 2k19. What I mean by that is that I understand that the retail version has to be more accessible to non-pro or "power" users. It has to be more "cheese" for lack of a better term. I also think there's a group of sim users who want the most authentic version of sim basketball available. Maybe 2k doesn't want to alienate some by essentially saying they're playing in the kiddie pool so to speak. idk

I also don't like the fact that the e-league is being played on PC when PC users where ineligible. I understand why they made that decision because the game is full of hackers and script-kiddies. However, it's been like that for years. I just wish they would implement something because it's far to easy to hack with little to no repercussions.

It's the first year though so they should be given leeway.
that bolded was Foul if you ask me. yes I was even telling cpu players the reason why they couldnt get in was due to the hackers then to find out they are playing the league on PC's. a cold hard back hand slap in the face to PC 2k players.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #87
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
I'm certain that no other competitive scene has split the builds of the game between the competitive scene and the regular public. In fact, literally every other scene adjusts to whatever the current build is of the game along with everyone else. This is mainly for a couple of reasons:

1. It levels the playing field. Why have a different build than what everyone else is playing if the whole point of the competitive scene is to get better than everyone else playing the same game?

2. Patch costs. It isn't free to make a patch, especially if you're developing games for consoles. Running a separate build for what is, essentially, less than 1% of your player base - concurrent with a public build of the game - seems like a massive waste of money.

Of course, 2K Games clearly doesn't give a **** about the people actually playing their games, just the people who spent the most money to become the highest-rated players that get to play in this ****show league. So it totally isn't surprising to see them split their playerbase in pieces just to support tournament play.
The reason the game is played on a different build is because its a sports game and its not any sports game. its basketball where more fluidity is expected than even football. basically, it's harder to create a basketball video game that is close to the real thing than it is any other sport. This means unlike people watching guys play in a street fighter tourney or fortnite tourney. no one is looking for true realism of martial arts or realism in the shooting for fortnite. But we are looking for realistic movement with basketball players. Basically 2k was afraid to allow the world to see people so call playing professionally with the exploit heavy normal 2k game. again, the proof is how they chose certain archetypes to not even be playable in the combine. that tells me you know those archetypes are a cheese fest. you let it ride in the regular game cause the regular game is moreso for casuals than it is for pros or sim guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »