Home

Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game?

This is a discussion on Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2018, 03:14 AM   #9
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Issues with 2K e-league being on a different build of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Which games? All of them. Especially if it has its own league.
So which one? He is right. I also dont know any esports game which is played on different development version in the competitive environment. All balance fixes etc for all games are always made in the main version and are made available to the public. From what Ive heard 2k might even remove badges, nerf animations for the eleague. If thats true thats a completely different game the eleague will be played with.

The game for sure is not ready for esports in its current state. Its simply not balanced, a lot op animations (snatchback, hopstep 14), imbalanced badges etc etc. I mean im also all for it, but it should be made on the public build and introduced in the main development version because everybody will benefit from this.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:47 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
To me the only problem is that they should offer a setting with the e-league build to the general public so that people who want to play the best version of the game can have the opportunity to do so. I mean sure, most of their customer base wants to play with exploits r us mechanics, but don't deprive the serious basketball heads who aren't in the league the most authentic gameplay experience.
Agreed, I would like to know what (if any) game play changes were made.

If it results in a more competitive experience with a better focus on realistic type basketball, I think it could be what many players have been looking for as far an online experience.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #11
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
Which ones?

I'm not talking separate builds for tournament lobbies and broadcasting, but builds that have separate gameplay code. To my knowledge Counterstrike, Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, League of Legends, Dota, Rocket League, Street Fighter, and Smash Bros don't. In many instances official tournaments are carried out on systems and public clients that make it impossible to have private gameplay code.

The gameplay of the competitive matches has to be the exact same as the core game for anyone to believe that the best competitive players are actually the best at the game. This is what allows others to watch them and know that the tactics they are seeing in competition apply to the game everyone else is playing.

If a team won a tournament in LoL using an item that was 20% better in competitive play than in the public build, or someone destroyed the competition in Street Fighter with a character that does 5% more damage in the competitive build, that competition would be seen as meaningless. Balance is the cornerstone of competitive play, if a game is balanced differently for competitions those competitions couldn't be seen as legitimate representation of the actual game.

Game build is something that competitive players take seriously. Take something like DarksydePhil being seen as a joke in the competitive Street Fighter scene because he brags about placing high in a tournament that players protested because an inferior port of the game was used for competition which other players didn't feel represented the actual game and required less skill.

Competitive games may have separate builds that make it easier for tournament setup and broadcasting, but they have the same gameplay.

What games do you know that have separate gameplay for competitive play that is separate form the gameplay that everyone else has? I actually want to know because I'd like to know how it effects competitive play and the base game audience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
So which one? He is right. I also dont know any esports game which is played on different development version in the competitive environment. All balance fixes etc for all games are always made in the main version and are made available to the public. From what Ive heard 2k might even remove badges, nerf animations for the eleague. If thats true thats a completely different game the eleague will be played with.

The game for sure is not ready for esports in its current state. Its simply not balanced, a lot op animations (snatchback, hopstep 14), imbalanced badges etc etc. I mean im also all for it, but it should be made on the public build and introduced in the main development version because everybody will benefit from this.
All of them.....

You really think they are playing the same game?

You think the Devs are going to say? Hahahaha

Wake up guys.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 08:46 AM   #12
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
All of them.....

You really think they are playing the same game?

You think the Devs are going to say? Hahahaha

Wake up guys.....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Informative.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok

What games do you know that have separate gameplay for competitive play that is separate form the gameplay that everyone else has? I actually want to know because I'd like to know how it effects competitive play and the base game audience.
None of them do. No disrespect but he doesn't know what he's talking about thats why his response was hella vague. I played competitive COD for years and never experienced this. Any changes that were made on the competitive scene were made on the casual scene and vice versa.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #14
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7

I’m quite tired of the whining that goes on over this video game. The maxim will always hold true “you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.” 2K owes us nothing besides an equal exchange of value which would be the $60 paid for the video game. Everything else is extra. $250,000 tournament open to the public who have all reached legal age EXTRA. Learn to roll with it and stop whining and crying about the haves and have-nots.

They don’t need to let you practice on a similar build to the e-Sports because they don’t have to. The staff at 2K has planned these events and have hosted them successfully (see last years tournament.) if you disagree strongly about how it takes place, maybe this isn’t the tournament for you and you should move along to one of the many other games mentioned.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #15
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
Informative.
I'm here, if you need anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
I’m quite tired of the whining that goes on over this video game. The maxim will always hold true “you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.” 2K owes us nothing besides an equal exchange of value which would be the $60 paid for the video game. Everything else is extra. $250,000 tournament open to the public who have all reached legal age EXTRA. Learn to roll with it and stop whining and crying about the haves and have-nots.

They don’t need to let you practice on a similar build to the e-Sports because they don’t have to. The staff at 2K has planned these events and have hosted them successfully (see last years tournament.) if you disagree strongly about how it takes place, maybe this isn’t the tournament for you and you should move along to one of the many other games mentioned.
Thank you! lol

Your probably not going to see any Dev post here about this topic. You want to know why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #16
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Nope. I don't play online but I'm going to imagine that it's not gonna be a wholly different game. It'll probably be a tweaked version that neutralizes the exploits and bad gameplay tactics the top players use to facilitate a better presenation for the E league. If they allowed people to play that build, they'd just discover some new exploitative tactic and run that during the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »