Home

2017's Best Franchise Mode Goes To NBA 2K18

This is a discussion on 2017's Best Franchise Mode Goes To NBA 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 01-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2017's Best Franchise Mode Goes To NBA 2K18

I think I can say with 95 percent certainty that all die-hard sim fans always look...

Written By: Joel Smith

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #2
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
MyLeague in NBA 2K is outstanding.*

I love all the customization they give us... Create a Team, Create Draft Classes, Add Teams, Re-align League, etc.
I wish Madden and other games would put this effort into their games, then I'd be willing to buy them.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
?
"It can be argued that franchise modes are in jeopardy of being a thing of the past," WTF?? That is a ridiculous statement. The lack of a franchise mode has been the ruination of many games. If AFP 2k8 had a franchise mode, it will still be played more than Madden. I would bet money that if the Re-released AFP 2k8 right now, removed the historic players, and added a franchise mode of some sort, it would overtake Madden 18
Old 01-26-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coming from a player that uninstalled 2k a couple months after launch...*

I agree - MyLeague was enjoyable.*

MyGM* was not enjoyable. The problem is VC. Why can't MyGM run on it's own "currency" or progression mode. I felt squeezed (probably intentionally so) by VC. I never had enough to spread across the multitude of game modes. I'm not making a statement about whether microtransations are per se good/bad. What I'm saying is that the VC implementation in MyGM made the feature worse. It took away from what could have been a good experience and unfortunately made it feel "freemium-y."

I'm done with 2k basketball. I've played it since 2k7 and I'm throwing in the towel. I can't deal with VC anymore. It taints the entire experience for me so badly that I can't enjoy the good parts.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »