Home

2K please disassociate MyCareer from the Pro Am/Online

This is a discussion on 2K please disassociate MyCareer from the Pro Am/Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

DeathstrokeXV's Arena

OVR: 0
2K please disassociate MyCareer from the Pro Am/Online

First let me say, that since the release of 2K11, I had been a religious purchaser of 2K. The lone exception was 2k14 and that mostly had to do with it being the first game on the current gen of systems and it looked shallow as all hell(plus Lebron was on the cover). However, in recent years I had become dissatisfied with 2K until last year with 2K17, I returned it after a few weeks of playing. And after reading about it and hearing reviews for it, I haven't picked up 2K18 yet and probably won't ever.

The reason I won't be buying 2K for the foreseeable future, is I only buy 2K for one thing, and that's MyCareer. I don't play or have interest in any other mode except that one and I know I'm not alone in the regard. Reading these forums and others, there are a lot of people out there that are just like me. But since at least 2k15, we've seen the quality of MyCareer go down year after year, while seeing it's association with Pro Am and general online play rise.

Listen 2K, I understand that you really want to push online play and ESports stuff, that's cool and all, I'm not saying get rid of it, but you're butchering an entire mode because of it and your customers are mad because of it.

For example, we have these stupid archetypes and stat caps we have to adhere to because people were mad about 7'0 point guards in online play. And then of course there's the worse feature of them all, the buckets. Look 2K, I understand you you responded to fan criticism and all, but this may have been the stupidest idea in the history of sports gaming. What kind of sports game doesn't give you the ability to upgrade your stats individually! In no other gaming franchise does that happen, it's an horrendously stupid idea. And then, we have to grind like hell just to upgrade our player! It isn't even a fun, yet simple grind like the old days when all you had to do to upgrade your player individual stats was to play games. You can't even upgrade your damn free throws!

2K look, my solution is simple. Please dissociate MyCareer from the Neighborhood and make it purely offline affair, with no restrictions, no stat caps, no archetypes. Let it be a return to the old way that was vastly superior. You can still have the Neighborhood and Pro Am and the Park be connected because I'm sure there are people who want the opposite of what I want, and only want to play online in the Park and Pro Am. You can have the caps and restrictions for those modes and for all the people who like to play them, and let us have the free mode we want. It's a fair and perfect compromise.

Last edited by DeathstrokeXV; 01-26-2018 at 02:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 AM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: 2K please disassociate MyCareer from the Pro Am/Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathstrokeXV
First let me say, that I'd been a religious buyer of 2K since 2k11, the only exception was 2k14 which mostly had to do with it being the first game on the current gen and it looked shallow as all hell(plus Lebron was on the cover). But with 2K17, I returned it after a few weeks of playing and I haven't picked up 2K18 yet.

I only buy 2K for one thing, and that's MyCareer, I don't play any other mode except that one and I know I'm not alone in the regard, there's a lot of people out there that are just like me. But since at least 2k15, we've seen the quality of MyCareer go down year after year and it become more and more associated with Pro Am and general online play.

Listen 2K, I understand that you really want to push online play and ESports stuff, that's cool and all, but you're butchering an entire mode because of it.

We have these stupid archetypes and stat caps we have to adhere to because of online play and then of course there's the buckets, and the fact that we can't upgrade our stats individually! In no other gaming franchise does that happen, it's an horrendously stupid idea. And then we have to grind like hell just to upgrade our player, it wasn't like the old days when you could upgrade individual stats just by getting skill points by playing games. You can't even upgrade your damn free throws!

2K look, my solution is simple, please dissociate MyCareer from the Neighborhood and make it purely offline affair, with no restrictions, no stat caps, no archetypes. Let it be the old way that was vastly superior. You can still have the Neighborhood and Pro Am and the Park be connected. You can have the caps and restrictions for those modes and for all the people who like to play them, and let us have the mode we want. It's a fair and perfect compromise.
Used to be my team they made most of their money from. These days it's the career mode. Sorry, not gonna happen.

Although, if you TRULY wanted to play my career even if it was completely offline, you wouldn't like the care gameplay anyways. It's like the AI is stupid on purpose so you can have 50ppg even on HOF.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #3
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathstrokeXV
First let me say, that I'd been a religious buyer of 2K since 2k11, the only exception was 2k14 which mostly had to do with it being the first game on the current gen and it looked shallow as all hell(plus Lebron was on the cover). But with 2K17, I returned it after a few weeks of playing and I haven't picked up 2K18 yet.

I only buy 2K for one thing, and that's MyCareer, I don't play any other mode except that one and I know I'm not alone in the regard, there's a lot of people out there that are just like me. But since at least 2k15, we've seen the quality of MyCareer go down year after year and it become more and more associated with Pro Am and general online play.

Listen 2K, I understand that you really want to push online play and ESports stuff, that's cool and all, but you're butchering an entire mode because of it.

We have these stupid archetypes and stat caps we have to adhere to because of online play and then of course there's the buckets, and the fact that we can't upgrade our stats individually! In no other gaming franchise does that happen, it's an horrendously stupid idea. And then we have to grind like hell just to upgrade our player, it wasn't like the old days when you could upgrade individual stats just by getting skill points by playing games. You can't even upgrade your damn free throws!

2K look, my solution is simple, please dissociate MyCareer from the Neighborhood and make it purely offline affair, with no restrictions, no stat caps, no archetypes. Let it be the old way that was vastly superior. You can still have the Neighborhood and Pro Am and the Park be connected. You can have the caps and restrictions for those modes and for all the people who like to play them, and let us have the mode we want. It's a fair and perfect compromise.
+10000000000000 i have started a mycarrer about 10 days ago and only a 69 and i have 40-50 hours in
Old 01-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #4
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree from the other side. I only wanna play ProAM with friends I'm not interested in doing any lame offline grinding. Would love if everyone had a preset or you could only improve through playing games. The Gatorade gym might be the dumbest thing ever.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 01-26-2018, 01:56 AM   #5
Rookie

DeathstrokeXV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I agree from the other side. I only wanna play ProAM with friends I'm not interested in doing any lame offline grinding. Would love if everyone had a preset or you could only improve through playing games. The Gatorade gym might be the dumbest thing ever.
Completely agree, I should have put this in the OP as well, there are a lot of people like yourself that want nothing to do with traditional MyCareer as well and only want to play Pro Am and the like
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

I might even enjoy MyCareer if it was not associated with online play so it wasn't seen as unnecessary grind. If it was its own entity I might be willing to play but since they are connected it is just preventing me from playing the mode I want to.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 02-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
Rookie

DeathstrokeXV's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
+10000000000000 i have started a mycarrer about 10 days ago and only a 69 and i have 40-50 hours in
That's just ridiculous

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »