Home

How to prevent being punished for using the post?

This is a discussion on How to prevent being punished for using the post? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #49
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: How to prevent being punished for using the post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I have no problem with the post game if my 7'3" slashing post scorer didn't lose the ball from time to time he's be straight up unstoppable
This pretty much sums it up. It's just a way for 2K to try and counter the cheese that is allowing builds like that, i.e. a symptom of a deeper problem.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:46 AM   #50
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0

https://streamable.com/u3et6

shots near the rim can be contested too easily, that or they just dont give the proper animations for layups near the basket, but steph curry pulls up from 40 feet and makes it, a shot i see shooters hitting on the regular, because the game considers it open, the only way for close shots like the one in this video to go in on the regular, was if anthony davis wasnt even near the paint. thats just backwards to me, to see a shot from a 7 footer who could easily finish right at the rim, or use the glass to maneauver a shot in, miss, but then a shooter pulls up from nearly half court and makes it?
Old 02-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #51
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
https://streamable.com/u3et6

shots near the rim can be contested too easily, that or they just dont give the proper animations for layups near the basket, but steph curry pulls up from 40 feet and makes it, a shot i see shooters hitting on the regular, because the game considers it open, the only way for close shots like the one in this video to go in on the regular, was if anthony davis wasnt even near the paint. thats just backwards to me, to see a shot from a 7 footer who could easily finish right at the rim, or use the glass to maneauver a shot in, miss, but then a shooter pulls up from nearly half court and makes it?
I can totally see why you'd be mad with that video. But there are a lot of factors here.

First off one shot is contested and the other is wide open
Secondly, It's AD contesting the shot. It's probably going to miss in that situation. SHot contest ratings is pretty high for AD. I'm sure he also has shot contest badge or defensive stopper bagde. or both Just saying
Thirdly Curry is the only player that can pull up like that. And like I said in number one. He's wide open.

But what Joel should have done is pump faked or faded away. He was open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #52
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I can totally see why you'd be mad with that video. But there are a lot of factors here.

First off one shot is contested and the other is wide open
Secondly, It's AD contesting the shot. It's probably going to miss in that situation. SHot contest ratings is pretty high for AD. I'm sure he also has shot contest badge or defensive stopper bagde. or both Just saying
Thirdly Curry is the only player that can pull up like that. And like I said in number one. He's wide open.

But what Joel should have done is pump faked or faded away. He was open.
Thats my problem, is the game makes shots go in that are open, so that means that paint shots rely on that factor mostly too, but when you watch basketball its rare that there wont be a defender around the rim, so that pretty much puts all people trying to put up shots around the rim at a severe dis advantage in this game, plus the cpu defenders have insane like reactions and almost never jump at fakes, yet leave there feet at the exact moment you go up for your layups or shots. And if your a user defender you can always count on jumping a bunch of times and crushing your opponent when coming down and making him lose the ball.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #53
Pro

For those who enjoyed my previous movie of my pure post scorer in this thread, please feel free to watch the next episode of my tales from the post series.

Featuring this episode: The Dropstep Monster

https://youtu.be/akEd6zWXEWs
Old 02-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #54
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Thats my problem, is the game makes shots go in that are open, so that means that paint shots rely on that factor mostly too, but when you watch basketball its rare that there wont be a defender around the rim, so that pretty much puts all people trying to put up shots around the rim at a severe dis advantage in this game, plus the cpu defenders have insane like reactions and almost never jump at fakes, yet leave there feet at the exact moment you go up for your layups or shots. And if your a user defender you can always count on jumping a bunch of times and crushing your opponent when coming down and making him lose the ball.
I've shown many clips of playing the CPU. The CPU has a hard time playing in the post. It goes for fakes (I've shown in many videos already). And the whole jumping a bunch of times argument need to die. I still haven't seen anyone use that tactic to win games. I'm pretty good at block shots. And I can tell you double jumping never works. I've tried it. It's not as successful as timing blocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos
For those who enjoyed my previous movie of my pure post scorer in this thread, please feel free to watch the next episode of my tales from the post series.

Featuring this episode: The Dropstep Monster

Nice!! I love how people talk about jump spamming. But I watch your videos And you take advantaged of them. So I wonder what people are doing wrong.

I got to unfollow this thread. I keep getting dragged back in lol
Old 02-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I've shown many clips of playing the CPU. The CPU has a hard time playing in the post. It goes for fakes (I've shown in many videos already). And the whole jumping a bunch of times argument need to die. I still haven't seen anyone use that tactic to win games. I'm pretty good at block shots. And I can tell you double jumping never works. I've tried it. It's not as successful as timing blocks.

Nice!! I love how people talk about jump spamming. But I watch your videos And you take advantaged of them. So I wonder what people are doing wrong.

I got to unfollow this thread. I keep getting dragged back in lol
But then you'll miss my vids

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #56
Rookie

while it wasnt the smartest play, op's video does illustrate how much the post game needs work - on both sides of the ball. the spacing, contact and physics between the defender and offensive player just don't feel right to me - past iterations of 2k were better imo. they felt more "solid", for the lack of a better word.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »