Home

Will this game series EVER properly punish turbo sprinting / spam passing down the co

This is a discussion on Will this game series EVER properly punish turbo sprinting / spam passing down the co within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #9
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Will this game series EVER properly punish turbo sprinting / spam passing down th

here's an example...the long pass beats saric down the floor and sure i'm there but now we've got a pf matched up on a pg.....not ideal.

I contest (which is one of the only two plays that should be possible in that situation) the other is a strip because a block attempt by bayless should have tons of foul outcomes and shocker! booker scores easily--as he should.

As bad? the bayless i'm supposed to be covering is open on the perimeter for a wide open kick-out if he so chooses. Do the myriad of issues with allowing this level of success with long passing possibly make sense now?

Last edited by Kushmir; 02-02-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #10
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Will this game series EVER properly punish turbo sprinting / spam passing down th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
And like i've said consistently, the bigger issue is it creates holes on defense for open shooters....nba offenses can't pass the ball upcourt like this....so it creates situations defenses would normally never see.

Jeebs we've covered this bruh.....you're still giving us the "since i can stop it, its not an issue" reasoning, and not only is it anecdotal (and wrong) its just terrible problem solving as a rule.

I've also addressed the "you have to stop it" rationale. while the cpu defenders can't do everything....them not reacting to passes in a basic fashion is a core issue. users have the right to not be satisfied with it in the same way they are with cpu defenders who can't rebound. the cpu outnumbers us 4 to 1....until we can control more than one player at a time there are certain things we have to depend on cpu for.

I love that you grab fisher and stop the basket.....here's the problem, if he passes the ball back to bibby? (or Divac who can hit that FT line jumper) You're screwed...from a matchup or open shot standpoint....and this is why its a problem. because being able to pass the ball upcourt with this level of success breaks the defense in ways you cant imagine.
It's funny you said that. I'm more worried about Peja than Bibby on that play lol. Grant picks up Bibby like he's suppose to. Trying to contest Peja from that distance is death. He's got a 96 open 3 and 95 contested 3. While has Bibby 81 open 3 and 75 contested 3.

Yes, we've covered our sides in great detail. Sorry for making us repeat ourselves.

By the way, I love how you turned my whole "" against me lol.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:18 AM   #11
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
By the way, I love how you turned my whole "" against me lol.
I really didnt...because I know your opinion comes from a good place (not wanting the game to be too easy) and I agree to an extent....you tune games for the elite level user...not for guys with average or "solid" stick skills like me. But you kind of made my point ....the success rate of the long pass breaks the defense horribly.

Last edited by Kushmir; 02-02-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
here's an example...the long pass beats saric down the floor and sure i'm there but now we've got a pf matched up on a pg.....not ideal.

i contest which is one of the only two plays that should be possible in that situation the other is a strip because a block attempt by bayless should have tons of foul outcomes and shocker, booker scores easily--as he should.

as bad/ the bayless i'm supposed to be covering is open on the perimeter for a wide open kick-out if he so chooses. do the myriad of issues with allowing this level of success with long passing possibly make sense now/
I guess for me. And I know I'm alone here when I say this. But that's the right play. I would of fouled him to be frank. It's kind of cheap. But it stop the play or puts a big at the line. I'm totally fine with that pass. He's open. The problem here is the switch. Saric is slow here. You kind of get in his way.

And I guess my thing is how many of these plays can happen in one game? In past 2k's this pass was 100% annoying and successful.

Also you do understand that this isn't a long pass like your other examples.

Could show me passes your ok with?

Last edited by jeebs9; 02-02-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:36 AM   #13
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
And I guess my thing is how many of these plays can happen in one game? In past 2k's this pass was 100% annoying and successful.
LOL...in 2k someone is trailing on virtually every possession. all you have to do is find them. Here's a sample:

Long passes i'm ok with? I think as a rule passes that don't depend on the defense not reacting are ok. Think about it, no passer throws the ball right at a defender if he's serious about trying to complete it. I'm ok with the aggressive catches we see sometimes because they definitely happen in reality. I'd prefer if the defender jumped too sometimes because defender reaction to these passes is the root of this issue.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I guess for me. And I know I'm alone here when I say this. But that's the right play. I would of fouled him to be frank. It's kind of cheap. But it stop the play or puts a big at the line. I'm totally fine with that pass. He's open. The problem here is the switch. Saric is slow here. You kind of get in his way.

Quote:

Before second pass is made the three 76ers at halfcourt(who shouldn't be clumped together like that in the first place) should have already been in a ball-you man position to where they were a heavy deterrent to the third pass being made. Everything about the the way defenders get back in transition is off. It isn't the pass attempts that are the problem, it's the 3rd grade defensive transition ant awareness.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Before second pass is made the three 76ers at halfcourt(who shouldn't be clumped together like that in the first place) should have already been in a ball-you man position to where they were a heavy deterrent to the third pass being made. Everything about the the way defenders get back in transition is off. It isn't the pass attempts that are the problem, it's the 3rd grade defensive transition ant awareness.
Now that is something I can agree with. I think we could use a few more animation to give more depth in the area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2018, 12:29 PM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Again I just want to make it clear. Most of the other side post. Sounds you want to take the semi fastbreak away. But I know that's not what you want to do.

Last edited by jeebs9; 02-02-2018 at 12:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »