Home

NBA 2K18 Roster Update Details (1-31)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Roster Update Details (1-31) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #65
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Roster Update Details (1-31)

30% = 75 Open 3

30-33% is generally the stat range when you sim a season in 2K when a person has a 75 rating.

It's why despite James Harden high volume of threes taken his 3 is only an 84, because that equates to around 36-38% when calculated into the sim engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 02:07 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich
Yeah, I was looking at the exact same stat sheet and saying Lonzo was shooting 3 better in Dec than Jan.
So why has Lonzo's 3pt shooting got boosted in the latest roster which is based on Jan stats since that rashidi guy was saying Derozan & Jokic was shooting worse in Jan and that was the reason they got downgraded.

And the one who got confused about 75 was him, since he's the one who said "30 3pt% (assume this is Lonzo's total 3pt% this season) = 75 3pt rating (this is only Lonzo's open 3pt rating from the latest roster)"
I didn't even know what this guy was taliking.

I have no idea what the hell this "30 3pt% = 75 3pt rating" is about.

well.. since he was talking his language so... I don't even wanna know what he was talkin.
and whatever the hell that Dec 9th means lol. hell, he has nothing to do with this 2k roster anyway.
161 words to say absolutely nothing.

Stay in school kids
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 02-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #67
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi

Stay in school kids
that means go to 2k's office and beg for a job. smart aleck.

Last edited by sudanmalkovich; 02-05-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:35 PM   #68
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Team systems are very likely not the job of the player rating editor(s).

(Informed assessment)

Strength rating isn't based on game performance. You're freaking out about what essentially amounts to a typo correction.

Welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay.

I'm big on nipping misinformation in the butt, as humans are susceptible to hive mentality.

Nope your just a guy that needs the internet to mke yourself feel better about yourself so it seems, since you feel the need to argue with the majority of people, on here, if there opinion is differing from your thought. Because you think your the only one who knows anything.

Sure sometimes, your right, when someone is offbase on a player they think needs their overall raised. But belittling people for their opinion, that has nothing to do witha player being rated to high or too low.

Were talking about Ben Moore, a G-Leaguer player, who they will make changes to Ben Moore. Yet on the very same team, you have Olidipo who has a stamina rating of 82, all the while Miles Turner has a stamina rating of I think its 92, if I remember right.
I couldnt figure out why the heck Olidipo stamina was always going down quicker than most of the other players, and then I looked and his stamina is one of the lowers ones on the Pacers team, yet he plays more minutes than any of them.
Or is stamina not the 2k roster guys job either to rerate, like you seem to think changing a coach who has the wrong system assigned to him, is not the roster guys job.
So what is the roster guys job then, NBA2k guru? Just to raise and lower players overall's, bump a guy here and a player there, up a few points, or lower a few points, on a select few attributes, he so chooses, and God forbid, he adjust ratings for tendencies, such as Miles Turner having a 80-85 in post up tendency., when it probably should be 35-40.
Maybe 2k could give us a list of things, that is the job of their roster rating guys. That would solve alot of this. Do they take orders, from the top, who says, oh by the way, that G-League player, needs a boost, for the Pacers, who played a 2 minutes the other night. Oh and dont worry about the other players, who actually impact the game. Another example of a Pacer player, who could have been adjusted, you know who actually matters, Lance Stephenson is averaging I think somewhere around 8 reb per 36. Being a combo guard, he could probably use the the bronze badge for hustle rebounder. Or is that not the job of there ratings guys either, he is not allowed to adjust badges?

People like you, must have a sorry life, that they need to spend time on a sports gaming forum, telling people they are wrong, and going around correcting people. I dont know, maybe you got pick on as a kid, so you need this to help your self esteem. Where I come from, you acted like you do on here with your smart mouth comments , you would be needing dental work.

TO the OS mods, If this rant, went to far, I apologize, and you can delete it, or ban me, I get it. But its this guy, argues with people, just to argue, , even if it has nothing to do with being right or wrong, and its just a opinion of someone, if it differs with his opinion, he feels he needs to prove he know more. Normally would just drop it, and move on, but after seeing him mouth off to others besides, me, it just set me off

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

Last edited by CaseIH; 02-05-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:38 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Stay in school kids
Since once again you are acting like an A** and taking over Every roster update thread with your babble.

Make a thread or blog and Stay there. Or better yet take some classes on Social interaction.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 02-05-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:44 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Since once again you are acting like an A** and taking over Every roster update thread with your babble.

Make a thread or blog and Stay there. Or better yet take some classes on Social interaction.
Sorry bruh, cats don't get to name-drop me without getting popped.

Quote:
Nope your just a guy that needs the internet to mke yourself feel better about yourself so it seems, since you feel the need to argue with the majority of people, on here, if there opinion is differing from your thought. Because you think your the only one who knows anything.

Sure sometimes, your right, when someone is offbase on a player they think needs their overall raised. But belittling people for their opinion, that has nothing to do witha player being rated to high or too low.

Were talking about Ben Moore, a G-Leaguer player, who they will make changes to Ben Moore. Yet on the very same team, you have Olidipo who has a stamina rating of 82, all the while Miles Turner has a stamina rating of I think its 92, if I remember right.
I couldnt figure out why the heck Olidipo stamina was always going down quicker than most of the other players, and then I looked and his stamina is one of the lowers ones on the Pacers team, yet he plays more minutes than any of them.
Or is stamina not the 2k roster guys job either to rerate, like you seem to think changing a coach who has the wrong system assigned to him, is not the roster guys job.
So what is the roster guys job then, NBA2k guru? Just to raise and lower players overall's, bump a guy here and a player there, up a few points, or lower a few points, on a select few attributes, he so chooses, and God forbid, he adjust ratings for tendencies, such as Miles Turner having a 80-85 in post up tendency., when it probably should be 35-40.
Maybe 2k could give us a list of things, that is the job of their roster rating guys. That would solve alot of this. Do they take orders, from the top, who says, oh by the way, that G-League player, needs a boost, for the Pacers, who played a 2 minutes the other night. Oh and dont worry about the other players, who actually impact the game. Another example of a Pacer player, who could have been adjusted, you know who actually matters, Lance Stephenson is averaging I think somewhere around 8 reb per 36. Being a combo guard, he could probably use the the bronze badge for hustle rebounder. Or is that not the job of there ratings guys either, he is not allowed to adjust badges?

People like you, must have a sorry life, that they need to spend time on a sports gaming forum, telling people they are wrong, and going around correcting people. I dont know, maybe you got pick on as a kid, so you need this to help your self esteem. Where I come from, you acted like you do on here with your smart mouth comments , you would be needing dental work.

TO the OS mods, If this rant, went to far, I apologize, and you can delete it, or ban me, I get it. But its this guy, argues with people, just to argue, , even if it has nothing to do with being right or wrong, and its just a opinion of someone, if it differs with his opinion, he feels he needs to prove he know more. Normally would just drop it, and move on, but after seeing him mouth off to others besides, me, it just set me off
570 words spent on Rashidi and Ben Moore, which now brings us to about 1,000 words you have now spent on Moore getting one attribute updated. Collectively, about 20-30 minutes (if not more) dedicated to deliberating the merits of 2K Sports making a roster change that took 2.5 seconds.

Make personal attacks to your hearts' content if that helps you get over the stress of agonizingly going in circles. Pretend that I'm the one who needs to be "right". Vilify me, for defending/explaining the practices of 2K Sports (how dare it not jive with your viewpoint). Openly discuss how you'd like to physically harm me. Fall on your own sword, pretending to be a martyr. Or get over it and move on.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 02-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Sorry bruh, cats don't get to name-drop me without getting popped.

570 words spent on Rashidi and Ben Moore, which now brings us to about 1,000 words you have now spent on Moore getting one attribute updated. Collectively, about 20-30 minutes (if not more) dedicated to deliberating the merits of 2K Sports making a roster change that took 2.5 seconds.

Make personal attacks to your hearts' content if that helps you get over the stress of agonizingly going in circles. Pretend that I'm the one who needs to be "right". Vilify me, for defending/explaining the practices of 2K Sports (how dare it not jive with your viewpoint). Openly discuss how you'd like to physically harm me. Fall on your own sword, pretending to be a martyr. Or get over it and move on.
Honestly if you ever want to get the respect you want and feel you deserve, you need to organize your thoughts in a blog or thread here on OS. Heck just make a roster thread. Then people could reference your thread and look at your viewpoints.

Being a bitter and spiteful person is just not a healthy life style.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 11:35 PM   #72
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

jesus, this guy's cringe-fest. so passionate for nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »