Home

A.C.E. Is The Devil.

This is a discussion on A.C.E. Is The Devil. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: A.C.E. Is The Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
Actually yea. Since Dirk is old and one of the worst defenders in the NBA right now. Sticking him over on Courtney Lee who basically just sits in the corner waiting for 3 pt shots isn't that bad of a strategy.

Also, Barnes on KP is absolutely the correct play. Wes should be on THJ and assuming if they are running lots of P&R, switching wes and barnes is perfect since that's their only two versatile defenders. (Listen we are talking about dallas mavericks like a top 5 worst defensive team, maybe the worst?).

I'd have to watch the game and see both lineups to see if it was working correctly but if Dirk is your C then Kanter will expose the **** out of him, bad. So the game probably put Kleber on him.

Wes -> THJ
DSJ -> Jack
Barnes -> KP
Dirk -> Lee
Kleber -> Kanter

again, this is dallas, the worst defensive team in the nba.

THJ,Lee,Beasley,KP,Kanter let's say he's running this lineup.
Wes -> THJ
DSJ -> Lee
Barnes -> Beez
Kleber -> KP
Dirk -> Kanter

lol kanter bout to drop a career high.

A.C.E probably trying to figure out SOMETHING. Lee def. the easiest cover, which is prob why dirk was on him. just guessing. There's gonna be a spot open somewhere, only good defender is Wes and he gotta be on THJ.

Edit* I also won't pretend to know jack **** abou some kid named Maxi Kleber who plays 12 minutes a game on Dallas he might be a defensive maestro and if that's the case wait about 3 years for our 2k "ratings guru" to figure it out.
I understood everything you just said, but listen to me. With a.c.e turned on, my buddy I was playing kept getting the lead to 10+ points because of these mismatches, I mean everything he did was resulting in him scoring, but when I turned it off and did everything manual I shut his whole game plan down, completely, makes me wonder if I had it off to start the game I would have ran him out of the building. Yeah Dallas is probably the worst team in the nba but in the right hands on nba 2k they can play way way way better lol. But from now on A.c.e is not an option for me because I know what I want and I want to play my style of play.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:16 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: A.C.E. Is The Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
(Listen we are talking about dallas mavericks like a top 5 worst defensive team, maybe the worst?).

again, this is dallas, the worst defensive team in the nba.
They are 15th IRL. If you are talking about the game's ratings then yeah, clearly that is amiss.

Quote:
I'd have to watch the game and see both lineups to see if it was working correctly but if Dirk is your C then Kanter will expose the **** out of him, bad. So the game probably put Kleber on him.
Based on the ratings I posted, Dirk is absolutely the better defender than Kleber in game. Dirk should match on Kanter IRL.

Quote:
Edit* I also won't pretend to know jack **** abou some kid named Maxi Kleber who plays 12 minutes a game on Dallas he might be a defensive maestro and if that's the case wait about 3 years for our 2k "ratings guru" to figure it out.
In general a low-usage offensive player is going to be a defense/hustle guy. He's the 2nd best shot blocker on the team among the healthy bigs (3.6%, behind Mejiri), and ranks 18th among PFs in DRPM (+1.54).

2K's defensive ratings are absolute crap (which ties into why the CPU alternates between OP or trash at defense). These ratings aren't plug & play like counting stats and 2K doesn't evaluate them anywhere near as frequently as they should.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »