Home

Official 2k Combine Thread.

This is a discussion on Official 2k Combine Thread. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 04:10 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Official 2k Combine Thread.

Dropped 29 my first gm. Second gm 23. 3rd game was 10 pts stop playing after that 3rd gm cuz i had idiots on my team

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 05:10 AM   #42
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

I think ppl are thinking that crazy stat lines will get you picked but i have a feeling that 2k is really gonna look at the advanced stats over crazy stat lines

So like for bigs yeah there’s gonna be dudes who average 30 15 and 5 for their 40 games. But when they check that tape and realize that you got that by literally never passing and paint camping so hard that you cut off all drive lanes for your team then it’s not gonna look good for your chances

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-03-2018, 05:26 AM   #43
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Yeah, I really hope they can catch stuff like this. Who is willing to kick it out to the open shooter while driving, who is willing to set offball screens etc. People in Pro Am are soooooo focused on creating and finishing for their own success its ridiculous...
Old 02-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #44
Banned

I wish it was 50% done by reviewing tape. But 72000? Too many to review. Hopefully they review like the top 1000 in stats on video. Honestly video scouting from a TRAINED nba 2k league eye -- like Scott O'Gallagher, someone who actually played BASKETBALL - would drop off so many of these so-called good players. I've seen people put up stats. Demonstrate bball iq on all levels? Not so much. Video would show that.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #45
MVP

ph33's Arena

When I picked my rebounding finisher, I tried going to the opposite side of the big. Pretty much all I did first was try to set off ball screens for the wings. Some of them got it and used them well. My first team appreciated it and spread the ball well. I didn't even get to dunk because the other center was always in there so I only had catch and shoot chances from the elbow/baseline.

But man, being a big to some of these ball handlers....yikes. Can't even set a screen right because they're spamming dribble moves. And it's impossible to get out of the way because they're all over the place.

Also, I now know what it's like going against a post scorer whose moves are literally unstoppable. I know people usually like making moves towards the baseline, so I positioned my guy to guard just that. Nah, this dude's drop step sent me like 5 feet the other way into this flailing unrecoverable animation, even though I was trying to cut that side off the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Looks like you were right you can play at any position but need 40 at one. Cool.
Gonna play a bunch for all the types I haven't gotten to mess with. Don't even care about 40. Wasn't going to make it anyways so this is the month of doing whatever the hell I want!

Last edited by ph33; 02-03-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 08:31 AM   #46
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
I wish it was 50% done by reviewing tape. But 72000? Too many to review. Hopefully they review like the top 1000 in stats on video.
Yeah, given how they approach this this is the only way to handle this. First filter out by stats then give these guys a review. Still there will be good players that they wont find through this, guys who had just bad luck playing with bad teammates, didnt get enough touches over the 40 games...
Old 02-03-2018, 11:11 AM   #47
MVP

ph33's Arena

Official 2k Combine Thread.

It's just an imperfect process and TBH I can't think of any better ways than to actually scout all video and actually interview people.

If I was managing the team I'd look for this when it comes to skill: someone who is capable of being a glue guy and someone who could also score efficiently if the offense was to go through him. The former is easy to spot. The latter is the hard part. People who make the right play and not the sexy one can be overlooked. On the other hand, maybe they want aggressive players? Who knows. I had my chances to hold the ball and iso but I'd just swing and screen and move.

And of course, if the player can be coached and isn't a total jackass helps a little too. I guess that's why all communication is being recorded. They'll probably tune out people who panic or start blaming everyone else for whatever reason

Last edited by ph33; 02-03-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #48
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

First game . Slashing rim protector PF I had 8 points 7 reb 4 asts. 4 blocks . It was fun even though the randoms were bad . 3/5 FG%
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »