Home

Much help needed

This is a discussion on Much help needed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Much help needed

Sorry in advance but this is probably going to be a long post as I need to explain my problems. Years ago I played 2k11 and had a blast, didn't play again until 2k17 and last year I could never figure out what difficulty to use , which sliders to use , how get my team to play defense etc. , I watched all of the Sam pham videos tried to learn but never really got to what I was looking for. . BTW I play offline season only and all I really want is realistic stats while winning and losing realistic for the team I play with ( Bucks) . So I tried again this year with 2k18 and after trying all the sliders out there , all difficulty levels etc. Here I am again. I have won some games on HOF with great games and gotten blown out on rookie difficulty with rediculous stuff happening and everything in between. In 2k11 they had simulation and arcade type settings for each of the difficulty settings if I remember correctly and that made more sense to me . Anyways I don't know what to do from here , I have played mlb the show for years and love it , never have this problem with that game . My only issue with the show is I play it so much that I worry about burning out on it which is why I am trying so hard to get this game to work for me also . I like basketball but admittedly don't know nearly as much about it. Seems to me like this can somehow be a great game for me also but I just can't for the life of me figure out how to get there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Re: Much help needed

Don't play on HOF just because. It's not a badge of honor and you don't need to impress anyone. Play on the lowest difficulty and make your way up. I scrimmaged with the team I played with. You can learn a lot just playing a freestyle scrimmage. I would usually play the game went to 100 points. See what works with defense and your offense. See what doesn't. It doesn't matter if you win or lose in a scrimmage. I used to do this all the time in the past but I stopped. I started doing it again for 2K18 and I didn't have a learning curve this time around. Usually takes me until December-January to become elite but this year I was elite in October-November.

I personally flip flop too much on All-Star and Superstar. All-Star is usually the difficulty I play on but Superstar is the one you need to master if you want to play online with others on PNO but since you said you play offline season then I would just scrimmage.

Also, I do this too: I would play every team 30 to 1. You have to beat every team eventually, so you're the Bucks. I don't know where they are ranked but play every team in a scrimmage.

As far as defense goes, you have to play on-ball and off the ball. I hope this helps.

TLDR;

Scrimmage in 2KU with the Bucks; play every team from lowest to highest.

Play on the lowest difficulty for a X amount of games and move up to a difficulty you're comfortable with.

Last edited by Hellquist; 02-05-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Much help needed

I very much appreciate your input , I will try all of that. Where I am confused still though is by the difficulty and the reason I say this is it almost seems sometimes like I have had more success on HOF . I wasn't playing it as a badge of honor as I know I am not a real good player but I actually felt more cheated at times on all star or pro depending on what sliders I loaded in that particular difficulty and that is why I was kinda hung up on what to do next. I just seem to have always lost about 7-8 out of 10 games no matter what difficulty or sliders I use and that has led me to serious slideritis I guess. I did start yesterday just going with all star sliders and only thing i changed was putting all foul sliders at 100 to get decent amount of fouls. If I can get realistic stats with that and win a realistic amount I would be in heaven . Hopefully in the scrimmages I can figure out how to slow down a player that is totally killing me in games (always somebody lol ) and that would go along way in getting more wins !!! Thanks again for your input , I really WANT to love this game eventually.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »