Home

Help me get better at my archetype

This is a discussion on Help me get better at my archetype within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #9
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help me get better at my archetype

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
we got the same build..whats your height and how do you approach games?
My slashing shot creator is 6'4 PG 200lb. I get a 92 off ball speed with 91 acc. With the 85 ball handling he gets the pro animations but lacks the explosiveness of my pure point forward with 93 ball handling but he's serviceable at running point. He's best served getting up and down court faster than i just about every 2 or 3 that I'd be matched up against if I'm playing off ball. I actually had my best night ever on this guy running the 3 because I was torching every small forward or bigger 2 guard that was guarding me. He's not the best finisher, which is why I get frustrated with the build. With all the contacts, silver posterizer, he should at least be able to trigger them SOMETIMES but they're VERY rare. I'm much more efficient at floaters and reverses so I feel I should have just made a pure shot creator. With HOF difficults I would be much more of a threat on offense with a higher 3 and 99 pull up rating. The slashing shot creator would be a fantastic build around 6'6-6'9 as the height could make it easier to trigger contacts and help the build finish. If you're just playing walk on, this build does not need help to get going, you just have to have the ball. It's not a catch and shoot build at all, as my worst games have come when my pure playmaker friend makes me stand in the corner like I'm a sharp. This build needs to be constantly on the move. He told me that this and my slasher are his least favorite build because I'm not giving him many assists. I told him some characters aren't built to give you assists. Shot creators are supposed to CREATE SHOTS lol. We have the ability to catch and shoot, but if my man is closing out on me, a jab step cross will get me open for mid almost every time. That would be my suggestion, hit the first one so they step up and then start blowing past them.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
My slashing shot creator is 6'4 PG 200lb. I get a 92 off ball speed with 91 acc. With the 85 ball handling he gets the pro animations but lacks the explosiveness of my pure point forward with 93 ball handling but he's serviceable at running point. He's best served getting up and down court faster than i just about every 2 or 3 that I'd be matched up against if I'm playing off ball. I actually had my best night ever on this guy running the 3 because I was torching every small forward or bigger 2 guard that was guarding me. He's not the best finisher, which is why I get frustrated with the build. With all the contacts, silver posterizer, he should at least be able to trigger them SOMETIMES but they're VERY rare. I'm much more efficient at floaters and reverses so I feel I should have just made a pure shot creator. With HOF difficults I would be much more of a threat on offense with a higher 3 and 99 pull up rating. The slashing shot creator would be a fantastic build around 6'6-6'9 as the height could make it easier to trigger contacts and help the build finish. If you're just playing walk on, this build does not need help to get going, you just have to have the ball. It's not a catch and shoot build at all, as my worst games have come when my pure playmaker friend makes me stand in the corner like I'm a sharp. This build needs to be constantly on the move. He told me that this and my slasher are his least favorite build because I'm not giving him many assists. I told him some characters aren't built to give you assists. Shot creators are supposed to CREATE SHOTS lol. We have the ability to catch and shoot, but if my man is closing out on me, a jab step cross will get me open for mid almost every time. That would be my suggestion, hit the first one so they step up and then start blowing past them.
my guy is 6'2 and 203. yea its not really a catch and shoot build when i am in a game where thats my role my shooting fluctuates game to game. some games ill shoot well..other games i cant hit a shot.

lol i played a 6'8 pure point forward last night and he was very explosive..got to wherever he wanted and was quicker than i thought. yea i rarely get contact dunks and since everyone is 7 feet finishing is tough despite gold relentless finisher/acrobat.

the mid range is where this build flourishes but that part of the floor is usually congested on 2k. this just wasnt the year for slashing builds but i cant turn back now.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #11
MVP

The best thing to do to get the mid almost every time is when you catch the ball, hesitate. Don't immediately break a certain direction. The triple threat is great this year because even bigs can get the step on you if you're out of position. If you catch on the corner you can jab step inside once and immediately push left stick toward baseline and get a lane to the hoop. Or, next time fake baseline and go inside for the mid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
my guy is 6'2 and 203. yea its not really a catch and shoot build when i am in a game where thats my role my shooting fluctuates game to game. some games ill shoot well..other games i cant hit a shot.

lol i played a 6'8 pure point forward last night and he was very explosive..got to wherever he wanted and was quicker than i thought. yea i rarely get contact dunks and since everyone is 7 feet finishing is tough despite gold relentless finisher/acrobat.

the mid range is where this build flourishes but that part of the floor is usually congested on 2k. this just wasnt the year for slashing builds but i cant turn back now.

I’m not gonna lie to you, man. And trust me. I hate being the guy to go blah blah blah about builds being trash, or telling you to pick a meta build. But that build at 6’2 is just a little too small by at least 2 inches to be supremely effective. IMO. Basically, scoring wise tho, howardphillips has it right on the head. It’s definitely possible, and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

72% Team Pro Am| 77% Walk On|76% Park| A Teammate Grade| PS4 Name: JustCallMeSleepy. Pm me on here or add me on PS4 if you wanna run.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeSleepy
I’m not gonna lie to you, man. And trust me. I hate being the guy to go blah blah blah about builds being trash, or telling you to pick a meta build. But that build at 6’2 is just a little too small by at least 2 inches to be supremely effective. IMO. Basically, scoring wise tho, howardphillips has it right on the head. It’s definitely possible, and fun.

Yeah, I ran with you on my shotty and I think I was the leading scorer every game. I remember specifically saying I felt like I was chucking because you guys are such a pass happy team. Lol

Sleep has a playmaking shotty and he was able to do pretty much everything I could do, except he was shooting better. So per capita he was definitely the better scorer but I was just getting more opportunities because he was point and I was able to run freely.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeSleepy

i realized that early on thing was i havent bought vc and was too far into the grind.

i may make a new character tho what would be a good build for a wing player? id rather be able to shoot than slash.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
i realized that early on thing was i havent bought vc and was too far into the grind.

i may make a new character tho what would be a good build for a wing player? id rather be able to shoot than slash.
Slashing doesn't necessarily mean dunking. You get a high layup rating and HOF tear dropper. Just because he doesn't trigger contacts a lot doesn't mean he can't slash. It's a good build, and if you ever did get him to a 99 he'd be the only build with like 8-9 HOF badges.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Slashing doesn't necessarily mean dunking. You get a high layup rating and HOF tear dropper. Just because he doesn't trigger contacts a lot doesn't mean he can't slash. It's a good build, and if you ever did get him to a 99 he'd be the only build with like 8-9 HOF badges.
8-9 hof? Thought hof tear drop was my only hof badge.

Tear droppers get blocked a lot for me cause of the insane recovery time on this game but I get fouled a lot while doing them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »