Home

Any extra expectations because of Xbox One X capabilities?

This is a discussion on Any extra expectations because of Xbox One X capabilities? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #1
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13
Any extra expectations because of Xbox One X capabilities?

Anyone expecting more out of 2K because of the extra firepower from the One X? I believe I read something before where it was said that 2K wouldn't be able to, for example, put warm-ups back on players after checking out of the game ala NBA Live. Do you belive that was an issue on 2K's end, or was it a hardware issue? Do you think hairstyles will look even more realistic? I'd like to hear your views on how you think 2K will graphically improve after having a full year to develop with the One X.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Any extra expectations because of Xbox One X capabilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Anyone expecting more out of 2K because of the extra firepower from the One X? I believe I read something before where it was said that 2K wouldn't be able to, for example, put warm-ups back on players after checking out of the game ala NBA Live. Do you belive that was an issue on 2K's end, or was it a hardware issue? Do you think hairstyles will look even more realistic? I'd like to hear your views on how you think 2K will graphically improve after having a full year to develop with the One X.
I guess it depends on their devotion to the new hardware. I'd say you're going to see a lot more enhancements for NBA 2k19. I don't know how important it is for 2k to utilize the Enhancements of X. 4K alone is pretty awesome though, anyone who has 4K should be looking forward to next year and what else they will utilize.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #3
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Not really. I just upgraded to the X1. I expect my sports games to look better and more crisp, maybe load a bit faster. Madden and NBA 2K look amazing in 4K! But I don't expect anything more in the X1 version that isn't in the core game. I'm all for it, but I don't expect it. Now single player games like Gears I expect more visually.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Not really. I just upgraded to the X1. I expect my sports games to look better and more crisp, maybe load a bit faster. Madden and NBA 2K look amazing in 4K! But I don't expect anything more in the X1 version that isnx't in the core game. I'm all for it, but I don't expect it. Now single player games like Gears I expect more visually.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That's exactly what I was trying to get at. I wouldn't be upset at 2K if they were able to add extra "little things" to the XB1X version of the game since it is a more powerful machine. Maybe I'm biased because I have one, but I think it would be cool. Now I'm not saying that I'd WANT them to add exclusive things. However, it would be disappointing if they were able to add them, but didn't do it simply because the other hardware isn't capable of supporting it.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:11 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
That's exactly what I was trying to get at. I wouldn't be upset at 2K if they were able to add extra "little things" to the XB1X version of the game since it is a more powerful machine. Maybe I'm biased because I have one, but I think it would be cool. Now I'm not saying that I'd WANT them to add exclusive things. However, it would be disappointing if they were able to add them, but didn't do it simply because the other hardware isn't capable of supporting it.

Dont they actually make NBA2k on the PS4, and then port it over to the Xbox console? I know it use to be made on xbox, then ported over, but things changed with the new gen consoles, and they switched to PS4. I dont know nothing about what console is the most poewerful, I think PS4 was, but its probably changed by now,so I can say 1 way or other.
But It would seem to me, that regardless what console has more power, the game basically stays the same, and they dont really add things to 1, and not the other. Especially if the game is actually being made on the console with less power. But Im not electronic wiz, so IM likley wrong

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2018, 12:23 AM   #6
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

they don't have their reason to do it.

why wouldn't they do such thing with PC in the first place IF they're interested.

Last edited by sudanmalkovich; 02-13-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Dont they actually make NBA2k on the PS4, and then port it over to the Xbox console? I know it use to be made on xbox, then ported over, but things changed with the new gen consoles, and they switched to PS4. I dont know nothing about what console is the most poewerful, I think PS4 was, but its probably changed by now,so I can say 1 way or other.
But It would seem to me, that regardless what console has more power, the game basically stays the same, and they dont really add things to 1, and not the other. Especially if the game is actually being made on the console with less power. But Im not electronic wiz, so IM likley wrong
From what I understand, the 1X is on par with a low mid level gaming PC. I've never gamed on PC but I have seen some amazing graphics and performances on them. And I do expect something close from Xbox first party titles or devs looking t push the console in the future. Coming back to 2K, even the most powerful PC mods don't add anything the base game doesn't support. At least not to my knowledge. So I don't expect the 1X to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »