Home

Got tired of the player court/size ratio so I shrank the players

This is a discussion on Got tired of the player court/size ratio so I shrank the players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #17
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Got tired of the player court/size ratio so I shrank the players

yes the spacing is really better but you see immediately that the player are too small compared to the ring.
As i was alone, i forgot the idea to shrink player and i think it impacted the gameplay.
But normally, it should be censured to change the size of legend. So why is it possible?

Maybe we could decrease the backboard.

Last edited by Jordanmike6; 02-15-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Question guys.... What exactly does this do? I'm trying to wrap my head around this
Old 02-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #19
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Question guys.... What exactly does this do? I'm trying to wrap my head around this
I think they think it looks more realistic. I would agree the older 2K games the player models looked smaller on the court, and in conclusion, I could see it making it for better spacing maybe?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Gotta kinda think, the huge player models cover too much space too quickly

It kinda scales down wideness of everyone on the court so it doesn't seem as crowded because a guy cant take one step back on the wing and not end up in the middle of the court.. thats an exxagerration but its not...

2 clicks down might be better i dont know, but once your eye adjust you'll see how it is. Just try it and see.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #21
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Could this be a reason why the mid range game is non existing in 2k ?
After every game i compare stats and always take a look at the shot chart , its always heavy inside and close and a lot of 3's but always alwayssss no mid range game ..i could post pictures to prove it but i dont even know how .

Could this be because the footplanting is too bad and the player models arent right ? Like there's too much suction between players going on to have a healthy mid range area ? Is the contest system broken where it only allows for inside shots or 3's ? Player to court ratio ? What is it that kills the mid range game if anyone could come with an analysis about this and that 2k would take notice of this and implement it in 2k19 i would be happy because a basketball game with no mid range game is ao unrealistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 12:31 PM   #22
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
Could this be a reason why the mid range game is non existing in 2k ?
After every game i compare stats and always take a look at the shot chart , its always heavy inside and close and a lot of 3's but always alwayssss no mid range game ..i could post pictures to prove it but i dont even know how .

Could this be because the footplanting is too bad and the player models arent right ? Like there's too much suction between players going on to have a healthy mid range area ? Is the contest system broken where it only allows for inside shots or 3's ? Player to court ratio ? What is it that kills the mid range game if anyone could come with an analysis about this and that 2k would take notice of this and implement it in 2k19 i would be happy because a basketball game with no mid range game is ao unrealistic

I can't say im not seeing mid range shots.

You can easily negate the heavy body up stuff with sliders if its too much for you

The court size has nothing to do with the shots the players take. Do you know what offenses the teams are running?

Have you lowered you CPU 3pt and inside slider and upped the mid slider?

There are just too many variables to just say they should be doing this here.

Like i said, it's okay but I do think when the movement is down to a science and the model sizes are optimum the offenses in this game will be masterful...well they really are now but those things kinda make you not notice how good it really is.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #23
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

I noticed this the first week 2k came out so since then
Ive been playing with my own sliders and i have mid range ranging from 65 to a 100 but the shot chart doesnt back that up !! Ill have 8 minute quarters with between 10 and 20 3 point attempts per team and a lot of inside and close and STILL 5 to 10 jumpers only from mid range ..i base this on shot chart proof not from a gut feeling .

I advice anyone that likes stats to be healthy to check the shot chart after the game and see how many mid range attempts there were . Its still a laughable amount
Old 02-15-2018, 03:12 PM   #24
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler79
I noticed this the first week 2k came out so since then
Ive been playing with my own sliders and i have mid range ranging from 65 to a 100 but the shot chart doesnt back that up !! Ill have 8 minute quarters with between 10 and 20 3 point attempts per team and a lot of inside and close and STILL 5 to 10 jumpers only from mid range ..i base this on shot chart proof not from a gut feeling .

I advice anyone that likes stats to be healthy to check the shot chart after the game and see how many mid range attempts there were . Its still a laughable amount

How is your chart matching up to the real NBA?

Just for example look at the discrepancybetween layups & 3's vs mid range shots last season.

That's a greater than 3:1 ratio it's almost 4 to less than 1 really. Insanity but the 3 pointer along with increased pace has increased

Last edited by 23; 02-15-2018 at 03:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »