Home

PC vs. PS4 versions of 2K18?

This is a discussion on PC vs. PS4 versions of 2K18? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21
PC vs. PS4 versions of 2K18?

I'm deciding between the PC version and the PS4 versions of this game. I hear that one of the drawbacks from the PC version is that the rosters are not as detailed. However, I see that someone just posted a "DNA" roster for the PS4 as well as a DNA roster for the PC... Can someone explain to me what DNA rosters are? (Unless it's just a general roster file name...)

I also hear that the main positive thing with the PC version is the modding capabilities such as more realistic faces, jerseys, and potentially better graphics. However, I do find that hard to believe as I don't see many roster sets or mods being posted in the PC subforum for this game. Am I missing something there?

I love playing realistically, and I'd like to play with real amateur draft classes, if possible. So would anyone be able to help me draw the pros and cons for each PS4 or PC versions of this game? Thank you, fellow OS'ers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PC vs. PS4 versions of 2K18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
I'm deciding between the PC version and the PS4 versions of this game. I hear that one of the drawbacks from the PC version is that the rosters are not as detailed. However, I see that someone just posted a "DNA" roster for the PS4 as well as a DNA roster for the PC... Can someone explain to me what DNA rosters are? (Unless it's just a general roster file name...)

I also hear that the main positive thing with the PC version is the modding capabilities such as more realistic faces, jerseys, and potentially better graphics. However, I do find that hard to believe as I don't see many roster sets or mods being posted in the PC subforum for this game. Am I missing something there?

I love playing realistically, and I'd like to play with real amateur draft classes, if possible. So would anyone be able to help me draw the pros and cons for each PS4 or PC versions of this game? Thank you, fellow OS'ers!

Dude the PC version is the way to go. The reason you don’t see much of anything on the PC section here is because OS is more of a console gamer’s safe haven. If you want to find the PC modding community go check out the NLSC: www.nba-live.com - thats the gold mine.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

PC is for mods, rosters, real draft classes, and mostly offline type of play

Console is best for online gaming.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
PC is for mods, rosters, real draft classes, and mostly offline type of play

Console is best for online gaming.

This is definitely true. I’m basically an offline only guy, hence the reason I recommended PC. But if you’re an online guy then maybe you should go with PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »