Home

Teammate Grade

This is a discussion on Teammate Grade within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Teammate Grade

Why is it necessary we have teammate grade? Was playing a MyCareer game and one possession, we had solid team defense, I was guarding the PF and the opposing shoots an airball, the shot clock expires, but the opposing PF I was guarding caught the airball right as the shot clock expired causing the turnover, however my teammate grade goes so much down for "allowing offensive rebound" like wth. I've had so many more BS teammate grade issues too, "holding ball for too long" "bad block attempt" etc. Its so annoying, I wish I can grade my teammates for taking horrible shots and allowing offensive rebounds too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Re: Teammate Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC209
Why is it necessary we have teammate grade? Was playing a MyCareer game and one possession, we had solid team defense, I was guarding the PF and the opposing shoots an airball, the shot clock expires, but the opposing PF I was guarding caught the airball right as the shot clock expired causing the turnover, however my teammate grade goes so much down for "allowing offensive rebound" like wth. I've had so many more BS teammate grade issues too, "holding ball for too long" "bad block attempt" etc. Its so annoying, I wish I can grade my teammates for taking horrible shots and allowing offensive rebounds too...
It's incredibly necessary, the problem is that it's not very intuitive. Online game play is pretty bad, this "helps" in curbing that. It's not perfect however. You've listed a few of the issues that need to be adjusted/ corrected.

My list of corrections is too long and not worth listing here. The teammate grade is a good thing, it's implementation needs adjustments.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
Banned

Biggest issue is the "who to guard" arrow / Leaving Assignment bs. It's turned too many gamers into robots. Must. Follow. The. Green. Arrow. If they ever played pickup IRL they'd be LOST without that green arrow. I mean, holy crap how are you going to remember who to guard without that arrow? This feature hurts team defense and trapping / pressing concepts and should be turned off by default. The worst is when you got low bball iq guys being so dumbfounded that someone isn't following the arrow. Yeah dude -- it's called go rotate over there duh.. dang robot gamers.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
Banned

Missing 2 free throws can wipe a whole grade level away!
Old 03-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I really like the teammate grade. Over the years, 2K has added various rewards/penalties to the point where I think it does a pretty decent job of showing who is doing the little things to help the team, and not just necessarily stat-hunting.

BUT, as with any automated system, it's completely dependent on the programing and doesn't have the ability to apply common sense to situations. So yeah, you definitely end up with some wonky situations. My favorite being when someone is chasing the ball instead of guarding their man, and then right as their man gets the ball for a wide open shot ... the game switches me onto him. Not only do I get marked down for leaving the guy wide open, but my teammate is going to be around that much longer, so it's probably going to happen again.

Last edited by Pokes404; 03-13-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #6
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I appreciate the grade system. It could use some refining as you alluded to.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »