Home

The NBA 2K League Selects its Players, Predictable Outcry Ensues From Those Not Selected

This is a discussion on The NBA 2K League Selects its Players, Predictable Outcry Ensues From Those Not Selected within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The NBA 2K League Selects its Players, Predictable Outcry Ensues From Those Not S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCman
If you replace "combine" with "interview process" then it is the exact same. The combine was just one factor of the interview process and you can't disconnect the Employer piece because that is what these people were competing for, A JOB.

Incorrect.

you guys are refusing to see the guys point because you dont want to give credit because you dont like that he's mad about not getting in and going about it this way.

Take your feelings out of it for a moment.

What is this guy talking about? he says THEY LIED.

Did they LIE?

YES.

there is nothing else to say. are any of you going to address that fact? or are we going to talk about jobs/careers, blah blah blah, that has zero to do with the guys premise.

I'll say it again.

A job wants to hire someone.

They have qualifications put out there, and job duties. Then they say apply here if you are qualified(meet the qualifications.)

You apply with your resume, cover letter, fill out an application.

Then from there they choose to interview you based on what criteria? Whatever criteria they came up with whenever they felt like it.

now if i applied and was a qualified candidate. i can get mad about not getting a phone call for an interview. I can say they are unethical in how they never called ALL qualified applicants. But what I can't say is that they Lied to me about how I would be able to qualify. You know why? because they gave me the qualifications and never once said "if you qualify you will automatically be interviewed."

I'll take it further.

The above is the private sector.
In the public sector due to unions/bargaining units. they have other agreements to make the process more fair and transparent. which is why any citizen can pull up those people's salaries because our tax dollars are paying their wages. thats not the case in the private sector. which is why/how women can easily be paid less than their male counterparts and never know.

so back to the public sector:
Job is available, job duties or shown, qualifications are shown.
Then there's a test to be taken IF you meet the qualifications set forth on the job board.

if you meet said qualifications, you HAVE to be called for the test. If you rank in the top 10 for the test. You HAVE to be called for an interview. but they dont have to choose you. Now watch this.. If you're in the top 3 and #1, and #2 were not chosen or ended up choosing to go elsewhere or other depts. THey have to CHOOSE YOU mr/mrs #3. or else you can complain about it.

What the 2k league did was try to play both sides of the private and public sector. and this dude caught them and called them out for it.

if they wanted to keep it all private status. they should've never said ONLY THE COMBINE MATTERS. because that was not true.

If they wanted to keep it all public status and they chose to say ONLY THE COMBINE MATTERS. that means everyone in that Combine that did not ball out, based on their metrics should not have received an email to invite them for an interview. because they did not pass the test that the league themselves said was the end all be all.

You can't have it both ways. You got caught in a Lie. so someone called you a liar. did you lie? YES. end of discussion. move along and realize you have to chose which side are you going with the next time to avoid lying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #26
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The NBA 2K League Selects its Players, Predictable Outcry Ensues From Those Not S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
The simnation guys have provided some great commentary about how the community is representing itself throughout this process.

Brian Mazique has been immensely insightful. His basic argument is that a lot of guys are too young to realise that presenting themselves as marketable to the corporates is half the battle, and some players are burning bridges.
Yes, as have the some of the more seasoned 2K YTers who were the same position. Josiah mentioned this more than two months ago in his article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ope...-remember/amp/

Kick, scream, type until you turn blue....but this is the real world....hopefully they learn from the experience.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-15-2018, 04:26 PM   #27
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Haven’t paid much attention to this league but hopefully they picked the best of the best .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-15-2018, 04:54 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
It's a difficult one for me. I didn't try and qualify and I have no interest in watching any of it when it takes place (I don't really know where their audience will come from).

I can see that kids PoV; especially with that team manager pretending he could get that dude into the draft after he thought he'd been left out, and this has been added to with 2k's approach of not always appearing transparent and at times maybe a little underhanded.

That said, I don't believe for a second that the complaints of that chocolate kid are true.
but his complaints are true. those messages have been confirmed by the league to be true. which is why they tried to clarify some things.

at the end of the day they promised one thing. lied about it and did something else. some guy got rejected got mad about that and used that anger to expose the fact that he knew they were not telling the truth.

did they lie? YES.

move along, nothing else to see here.

and i'm glad he exposed them because you need people like that to expose liars or lies. it keeps these big companies on their toes. otherwise they would just completely run us little guys over and then hit the reverse on our heads.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:58 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Haven’t paid much attention to this league but hopefully they picked the best of the best .
they didnt. some are going to be elite. some are going to be okay and some will get exposed as having no business being chosen. its their first try at it. it will at least take this one questionable setup to help them figure out how to go about it the next time.

someone in this thread or another one said they need to create a gleague within 2k. I agree. They already have gatorade as an Ad partner. That mode could be some sort of online league for my players under the exact same rules/guidelines/archetypes(positions)/sliders as the true league. and they can keep the stats structure they had going in the background and just collect data all year long. to find out who else will be eligible for the next league. That would be the smart thing to do. because doing this will knock out 2 birds with one stone.
it will keep at minimum the guys in that smaller league(unpaid) hyped about the real league and watching. and it will give them a head start on who should be in the final batch of guys that deserve an interview or at least that final 1000 or so before they really start breaking it down.

but we'll see what they do with it.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:02 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yes, as have the some of the more seasoned 2K YTers who were the same position. Josiah mentioned this more than two months ago in his article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ope...-remember/amp/

Kick, scream, type until you turn blue....but this is the real world....hopefully they learn from the experience.....

i hate that logic. "it is what it is" yeah we already know that. that doesnt make it right. the idea where you just constantly shrug off all shady behavior because "it is what it is" is the reason we have to deal with the shadiness to begin with. That same "oh well... thats just the way it goes" is the exact same mentality that was in hollywood for all those decades until this year when people FINALLY started exposing people for what they were doing to women and children. that hollywood stuff coming out is a lesson not just to that industry but to everyone in general. if you keep taking it, they will keep dishing it. Only when you get TIRED of the BS and say something will you see things change. But keep rolling along with the "oh well thats status quo" mentality and nothing will ever change.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:20 PM   #31
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
i hate that logic. "it is what it is" yeah we already know that. that doesnt make it right. the idea where you just constantly shrug off all shady behavior because "it is what it is" is the reason we have to deal with the shadiness to begin with. That same "oh well... thats just the way it goes" is the exact same mentality that was in hollywood for all those decades until this year when people FINALLY started exposing people for what they were doing to women and children. that hollywood stuff coming out is a lesson not just to that industry but to everyone in general. if you keep taking it, they will keep dishing it. Only when you get TIRED of the BS and say something will you see things change. But keep rolling along with the "oh well thats status quo" mentality and nothing will ever change.
I didnt say ANYTHING you put in quotations...

I said well, exactly what you quoted, which is true. All the "likes" you may get from throwing some heat 2K's way. arent worth the bridges you're burning and opportunities you may be squandering ...It's a lesson that many have learned before and will keep on learning....It's not just about this video.

Listen, Co-signing every slight against 2k isnt fighting the good fight here man. It's honestly just lumping you into a group that will altogether be ignored.

Pick your battles.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I didnt say ANYTHING you put in quotations...

I said well, exactly what you quoted, which is true. All the "likes" you may get from throwing some heat 2K's way. arent worth the bridges you're burning and opportunities you may be squandering ...It's a lesson that many have learned before and will keep on learning....It's not just about this video.

Listen, Co-signing every slight against 2k isnt fighting the good fight here man. It's honestly just lumping you into a group that will altogether be ignored.

Pick your battles.

you said pick your battles. which ones? how do you know when to choose them?

thats the point. if you sit on the sideline and never pick any battles but always reply to others that do with ....pick your battles. then you are saying exactly what i stated. should you choose your battles and not battle all of the time? YES. So why are you guys assuming he chose incorrectly? this is his first battle. Now if you see him pop up and going in on some other career he's trying to pursue then thats 2. if he does it again, thats 3. then you can say this guy is just always battling, you need to PICK/CHOOSE your battles wisely. You can't fight everyone all of the time. This is this guys first battle. let him live. lol.

and if i co-sign something its because its TRUE. not opinion. actual truth. I dont co-sign lies. and I'm not afraid who will or wont listen to what i have to say "around here". because I know there's always people lurking on these boards that never sign up, that never post, that feel the way I feel about certain things and think the way I think or find what I'm bringing to the table interesting and another side to things. See its easy to run behind the big companies. that takes no energy, no effort, no intellect. not saying you or anyone else doesnt have those things. just saying in general. it takes nothing to run behind the status quo. it actually takes something extra to not run with the status quo all of the time when you know its incorrect.
I'm grown and have been grown for a minute. I've taken loses by not saying anything in situations I probably should've chose to battle. I've taken losses when I made my choice to stand my ground and draw a line in the sand and battle, but I only stood my grown when I was on RIGHT ground. So no matter what happened after that I wasnt really bothered by it because I knew that was a possibility. Thats the biggest lesson a young person like WC can learn. once you stand your ground or make a statement about someone doing others wrong even if you're right you may end up not having the ability to be a part of that thing that big corporation or big group owns/runs. As long as you're ok with that. Then Tell it Like it is. If you're to afraid to speak up for fear of losing the chance at being a part later down the line(which also is never guaranteed) then dont rattle the cage. Thats a lesson he will be learning as we speak. better to learn in your early 20's than later on in life.

He'll be aight.

Last edited by splashmountain; 03-15-2018 at 05:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »