Home

YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead

This is a discussion on YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #33
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
Missed layups?? I don't have the exact statistics and nope I don't have the time or the "want to" to look up the stats and post them here but I watch plenty of NBA games and players miss alot of OPEN SHOTS AND LAYUPS IN REAL LIFE so....that's all I have to say on the topic. #KoosaSigningOut

~Koosa1027~
Do they miss open ones off the backboard ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:00 PM   #34
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Do they miss open ones off the backboard ?
I explained how "open" is viewed by 2k on my last post, if a defender is in close proximity, the code says, "he's not really open, it's a defender standing next to him". I don't agree or disagree but...that's how the devs explained it.

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 03-14-2018, 08:30 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

This is the natural reaction to a game that -- since its September release date -- has had no significant gameplay updates, and has not received any new content apart from the draft combine, some copy/paste MyTeam cards/challenges, and a few pieces of seasonal MyPlayer equipment.

Under one percent of 2K18's userbase played the draft combine, so for the majority of players, the 2K18 they bought in September is still the same game that exists today. Park is the most-played game mode in 2K18, and even it has barely been touched since release day. Double XP events have been rare, and when they have happened, they've been on national holidays where most people would rather be doing something other than staying glued to their TV screen.

The 10 patches that 2K's put out this year have mostly been for bug fixes, not for gameplay tuning. The snatchback and blowby animations that people were complaining about in September are still in the game. The right stick dribble moves clipping through defenders' bodies are still in the game. Countless other gameplay bugs (calling timeout without having possession of the ball, passes and shots getting blocked by the rim/backboard, double-tap moves like the alley oop, flashy pass, and spin jumper not registering consistently, etc.) that the community was calling out early in the year as major sources of frustration are still in the game.

At least in 2K16, the biggest block of cheese (breakstarter passes) was eventually patched out of the game. But this time, we're halfway through March, and to date, 2K has just sat back and watched all of 2K18's 5v5 game modes devolve into an isolation dribble contest, because so many of the one-on-one mechanics in 2K18 are tilted in favor of the offensive player.

When you look at how frequently other popular games that have millions of paying customers will rebalance their gameplay and release new content, it's easy to see why so many people have moved on from 2K18: it's a stale, stagnant product in a market that -- over the past couple of years -- has trained its customers to expect rapid, community-driven evolution.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-14-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #36
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
I explained how "open" is viewed by 2k on my last post, if a defender is in close proximity, the code says, "he's not really open, it's a defender standing next to him". I don't agree or disagree but...that's how the devs explained it.

~Koosa1027~
Like this right ?

#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #37
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Like this right ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don't play any of those modes, only offline myleague and nba today games and I have never seen that, I think those park and pro am modes or whatever have alot to do with that kind of stuff to be honest but I can't speak on it because I don't play those modes, that crap was funny though lol.

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 03-14-2018, 09:11 PM   #38
Rookie

bodean's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
It's only March and the numbers are already super low.
what numbers? you have actual info on this?
Old 03-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #39
Banned

So the game is dead because you heard 3 youtubers whose personal opinions were that the game is dead so you came to a conclusion the entire game is dead because of what they said. Okay great analogy buddy. Thats not really a good way to think about things.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #40
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

For what it's worth, this is my favorite 2k to date and I've been playing 2k for a really long time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »