Home

Would it be possible to do a NCAA myleague?

This is a discussion on Would it be possible to do a NCAA myleague? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #1
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Would it be possible to do a NCAA myleague?

Do you guys think it would be possible to do a ncaa myleague over multiple years? If so how?

I was thinking of having something like a super division one where the best colleges form their own league and compete in a 16 team tournament.

My question is how could you make it so players leave after 4 years and new players come in realistically
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #2
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Re: Would it be possible to do a NCAA myleague?

I think it would be great. It doesn't even need the actual players just the jerseys and arenas with the usual caps in it.

Last edited by PippenFan; 03-18-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #3
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

As theres no guaranteed way to retire players in 2K (afaik) your only option is to manually control all rosters and just put the players into the free agency pool after 4 years.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #4
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

It could be possible, but it would take some administrative work. How would you go about assigning "recruits"?
Old 03-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #5
Rookie

JJones07's Arena

OVR: 2

What I personally do,

1) Control all rosters.

2) Personally, turn off either fatigue, or substitutions. Allow only the starters to play. Just easier to manage, explained further...

3) Only players that play during the season progress to the next level, to sophomore, junior, senior. Keeping only the starters to play just makes the off season easier to manage. All players that do not play remain at "Freshman" level.

4)You could re-sign all/any "freshmen" or any player that hasn't played yet on any team to keep any team's future solid. This is what I would call "Recruiting phased 2/Developing"

"Recruiting phase 1" = Regular scouting incoming "true freshmen"

5) After the season "seniors" or, players declaring for the draft, are edited to max age, a season long injury, & terminate contract (edit to last year).

6) After the recruiting/signing day/rookie draft, any player that gets drafted and their overall is higher than the position that is already on the roster, 1 of 2 options. Change either player positions to optimize starting line up. Or, the player that would be getting replaced released to free agency.

7) Any/all players that just got bumped due to the drafted players are top priority "Transfers". Any team that needs the help the most and fills an open position or similar position selects from this group first. After this list is exhausted, then continue to use the actual free agency to fill starting 5/ rosters

8) Rinse and repeat. The first 4 years are the easiest to manage.

This method keeps all teams from being an absolute doormat. Probably not the most realistic way of doing it, but it gets the job done.

When I'm not playing video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #6
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

I had a slightly different idea

Recruiting

Basically I would use the rookie contracts since they are 4 years for first rounders

During the draft I'd use a number rolling system say 1-12 and whatever number you get you get the prospect at that number

Say you're picking 12th and you roll a 4, you'd pick the 4th best ranked player of the players available

Once the draft is over, teams can fill out their roster with any of the non drafted rookies

For players moving onto the "NBA" or graduating

I'm thinking using the rookie contracts of 4 years should work so that they'd be off a nba team and into the free agent pool once their contract is up.

I'd also select the top 15 best non seniors and release them from their teams because they'd be leaving early.

For transfers

Any mid to high caliber players who aren't getting many minutes could transfer. I'd preferably have them transfer to schools who aren't as good but I could transfer them to any school if there is a need for it.

Redshirts

If a player doesn't play much or any in their first reason, I'll add a additional year onto their contract and say it was due to a redshirt.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #7
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

Do you guys think this would be fun or would it just be insane amounts of work for a crappy fake college experience
Old 03-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #8
Rookie

JJones07's Arena

OVR: 2

No matter how you set it up it's fun playing and watching the games in the tournament. The headache is the off season, I felt joy during the "tournament", and then, ugh, lets get this off season over with, feeling afterward. Then it hits harder once the next 2K drops, reseting all of it yet again.

It really is fun playing once you set it up. Don't let me discourage you, but yeah it is a lot of work, hence my method. What ever you do keep the 2K that you have NCAA set up. Learn from my mistakes.

It just blows that we don't have an actual NCAA game for PS4 or XB1, or at least a parallel NCAA mode or a work around in 2K, or even Live for that matter.

When I'm not playing video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »