Home

2k19:Suggestions on how to save the Pro Am community

This is a discussion on 2k19:Suggestions on how to save the Pro Am community within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 2k19:Suggestions on how to save the Pro Am community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
Allow us to Purchase 99 Myplayers from the Start.

I'm tired of grinding for an overall 99 Myplayer. Since 2k is Not going anywhere with Microtransactions, why not allow us to buy a maxed out myplayer for $100?

To purchase the game is $65 after taxes
you gotta spend $50 bucks on Vc to grind him to an 85 overall.

Why not for another $50 bucks let him get maxed out?

The NBA Combine Myplayers archetypes were 90 overalls and were free to play to just compete, i say just take it a step further and let us have maxed out guys so we can just play competitively from the start. The guys who reached a 99 overall clearly have WAY more time than myself or most people with a life.

Allow users to have a fully modifiable Attribute allocation system for myplayers.

Theres nothing worse than working on an archetype and a patch comes out to make your build usesless. It was this way last year when bigs found out putting 3's on a rebounder would allow him to green from the corners.
Also this would be a great way to allow users to build their player exactly how they want instead of forcing us to GRIND for attritibutes we dont care for. It sucks to get reach a new level only to have an attribute put on post or
rebounding if youre a sharpshooter. Or you get stamina or strength and youre pure point forward. Most people want to put their newly unlocked attributes where theyre strengths are. Thats what made last years attribute system ok, because they allowed that feature. Please revamp this feature and bring it back.

The Online community needs Private matchmaking

Theres a huge community of online(Pro AM) guys who are waiting to play against each other and theonly thing keeping them back from consistently playing each other is a Private matchmaking system. This would allow people to have
Leagues that thrive on a guaranteed matchmaking system to match up every single time as opposed to know where u jusy hope and pray when both teams count down 3, 2, 1 START, that they meet up and not get thrown into a random match. 2K this is very doable. Please, the future of Esports is counting on this.
Allow pro Am Teams to Wager vs each other

When Matches are starting, we should be able to wager just like we do in the stage. This should be an elite 2 unlock so that we can have a way to make VC for players who strictly play pro am. This should be an option for users who play walk on who average an B+ teammate grade and better as well.

Dunk/Layups/Dribble Animations Need More customization.

Every year i sit in the Myplayerlab and watch the these beautiful animations play out and cant help but wonder if 2K would allow us to handpick one by one which animations we could have from Various packages.

Example:
I see a dunk from say Lebrons Package i like, instead of equipping his whole dunk package, let us users select one by one which dunks we want, so we dont have certain ones that just come out...Sort of like mute button on certain moves. Same thing for layups and crossovers. Nothing like seeing a move from a dribble package you like, but youre not totally in love with the entire dribble package.

In Pro Am Walk on/Team Pro AM/Jordan Rec Center Allow Users to Switch positions on who they want to guard.

In 2k10 and 2k11, we had this feature in crew mode. This is especially helpful with the matchmaking the way it is, sometime you have an uneven match up.

Team 1 Team 2
HUman pg Human PG
Human Sg A.I
a.I Human SF
A.I. Human pf
Human Center A.I

With this line up, without having to ask the point guard to switch positions, everyone should be able to switch on their own. No badges need to be equipped to do this.

Walk on Gyms Should Have access Levels based on Teammate grade/Performance

The 99 Overall system is such a grind that i believe it should be approached differently when it comes to access to parks and gyms. The gym access should be as follows:

Black and yellow Walk ons Teammate grade F through C+

White vs Red walk ons with Boosts Teammate grade B- through A minus on allstar difficulty

Customizable Jerseys/Clothes With Boosts and Double Rep on customizable courts for winner stays on. Hof Difficulty.

2K should bring back the Jordan shoe collection and make them unlockable like in 2k11 and have when you reach say a 91 or 92 overall you can make customizable shoes that you can have plus 5 in any category on top of them being able to use boosts on pro am.

If i forget anything i'll add on to this later. If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to add.
i agree with everything you just posted except for the hall of fame difficulty. i have to keep reminding people. nothing is sim or realistic about that difficulty setting. its un real. It tries very very hard to force proper fg%'s to match real life. which means you will be forced to miss open shots and blow layups left and right. That is not real or sim at all. You dont need hall of fame to make the game harder for unrealistic reasons. you need a game properly built to give the defenders the right tools to offset the offensive guys. not badges making people's animations not kick in. but actual ability to block shots when your hand is clearly on the ball. dont allow people to dunk thru other people(thru not being contact dunks, thru being certain reverse dunks that will push an offensive guy thru the defenders body like a ghost to make sure he gets that dunk off. fix things like that. and you wont need hall of fame.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
I feel your point is spot on in regards to people being able to test archetypes
in a competitive setting like pro am, but i don't agree that walk on should be like the combine. I mean, i do...but i feel like because the combine was placed in a setting where we were competing at the highest level, not everyone should have access to that level of competition. Only people of an elite level should be playing in an environment where the difficulty is on hall of fame and people should have an average teammate grade of an A or better with a required amount of Wins...say like 500 walk on wins to be able to compete in that arena.

I believe i stated earlier in my OP how i feel if 2k Implemented different gyms with certain requirements that it would level the playing field and not put try hards in games with people who knew what they were doing. On the backend 2k says they hired a team that could stat track every little stat. They should bring that team back for 2k19 and track Quitters and people with High DNF %, low teammate grades, Low win percentages should all be playing with each other.

As for the Day one 99's, what difference does it make if someone 99' or not? Are the folks that don't agree feeling like if they had their paid for 85 overall going against the 99 overall that they would be at a major disadvantage? put it this way. If we put the highly skilled players in the community that are going into the 2kLeague against the average causal player equipped with 99 overalls, who do you think would win on a consistent basis? I definitely recall Still trill playing against Paul George and a few other allstars who are avid fans of 2k. They had the NBA Players Maxed out or damn near it and they still lost to still trill because regardless of their myplayers overall, STICK SKILLS WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME.
actually a lot of guys in that 2k league would lose to guys with full on 99's badged up. a lot of elite players on those elite teams are great at the game because of being 90+ rated with maxed out badges. Without those things they also would be mere mortals. SOME, very few guys are really that good at the game(knowing all the exploits of the game) as well as having some hint of a basketball iq.

i'll give you a little example. big archetype athletic rebounder. one of the cheeser archetypes when it comes to rebounding. You dont need to box out to grab boards with that build if you're badged up and your ratings are high. ALl you have to do is run around pressing RT and Y. you will snag 14+ rebounds PER unless you're going up against another person with your same build.

pure play makers badges up can dribble thru the defenders body without losing the ball most times. They can also trigger ankle breaker animations on defenders that are not actually being truly shook. doesnt matter on 2k. it will activate that fall animation and the crowd "OOOOO" sound. which is why the only way to deal with that is to back all the way up so you're out of the field of the animation kicking in.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #19
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
The myPlayer grind itself just needs to go back to how it was in 2k15 and 2k16. A slight grind for a week or so and your player was ready to go. This whole road to 99 idea was terrible IMO. Not a fan of it. Private matchmaking has been requested for years and need to happen. I think a 250k tourney would keep the community alive as well. I know it would be tough to do with the 2kLeague taking off but it would give people something to play for in the later months of the game.
I actually would rather that tourney not exists, and only for this selfish reason of mine --- I miss the days when all of us could have our own team. If I'm not mistaken, they took that away because of people creating too many teams to try for the tournament? I might be off, it's probably because they don't want to have too many unused squads out there in the realm.

Only reason is because I have people I'd like to play Pro-AM with but they can't join my team because they have their own and can't just nuke their team, and it can be really tough bouncing from team to team. I have a few different group of dudes I roll with so being able to have your own squad at all times like back in the day was good.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:10 PM   #20
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
actually a lot of guys in that 2k league would lose to guys with full on 99's badged up. a lot of elite players on those elite teams are great at the game because of being 90+ rated with maxed out badges. Without those things they also would be mere mortals. SOME, very few guys are really that good at the game(knowing all the exploits of the game) as well as having some hint of a basketball iq.

i'll give you a little example. big archetype athletic rebounder. one of the cheeser archetypes when it comes to rebounding. You dont need to box out to grab boards with that build if you're badged up and your ratings are high. ALl you have to do is run around pressing RT and Y. you will snag 14+ rebounds PER unless you're going up against another person with your same build.

pure play makers badges up can dribble thru the defenders body without losing the ball most times. They can also trigger ankle breaker animations on defenders that are not actually being truly shook. doesnt matter on 2k. it will activate that fall animation and the crowd "OOOOO" sound. which is why the only way to deal with that is to back all the way up so you're out of the field of the animation kicking in.
Definitely agree that balance is out of wack. Too many things about ProAM make it so annoying. Too restrictive because of the grind, too inaccessible because of the neighborhood/servers, and the balance is just not there.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 03-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Wow maybe I am just not that rich but throwing 100$ just to raise attributes of my player is crazy to me. People complain that it's pay to win and you want to embrace that even more.
The only way to actually fix the online portion of this game is to completely remove it from being tied to MyCareer and remove the ability to pay real money for VC to upgrade your character.

To upgrade your character you should have to actually play in the Pro Am and on the Park and you can earn XP to upgrade your character to use by playing the modes. Nobody should be able to pay $100 to be a 99 in 5 minutes. That's an absolutely atrocious and pathetic progression model that is the main reason I never play Pro Am or the Park and haven't for years.

Also, they need to start everyone online out at a 72-75 overall and make it so you're actually a serviceable player in your archetype.

They can figure out another VC model for cosmetic items if they want as long as those items are made available to get without spending real money. The easiest way is to just make them purchasable for real cash as well as whatever XP currency you earn by actually playing the game online.

Until they fix the progression model in the online portion of the game, I'll stick to playing offline Franchise and never set foot in the park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 01:45 AM   #22
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Honestly, I'd play career again like it was in 2k10. You started at a 40 OVR and if you played terrible you got cut to the D league. LMAO I remember playing for like the WASHINGTON MUD CRABS lol. Then I didn't even get picked up by the team I wanted, either. I got cut from the Knicks and the Celtics picked me back up. Lol I WENT SO HARD ON THE KNICKS AFTER THAT.

Hell, I'd take 14 with the Jackson Ellis story line. The last 4 iterations have been terrible story line wise. Give us a friggin reason to play!

Even last year, everyone hated Justice. I almost exclusively played ONLY the games I went against him. The only save from career last year I won the championship, I played AGAINST the team that drafted me, the 76ers, with JUSTICE YOUNG as their best player. Lol. I WENT OFF ON DUDE.

I actually liked playing with him on off ball characters cuz of the orange juice, I could control him. I threw myself so many alley oops lol. But whenever I was PG, he was awful. So I murdered him with my slasher PG, and I had HOF posterizer by then.

Killt him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »