Home

2k19:Suggestions on how to save the Pro Am community

This is a discussion on 2k19:Suggestions on how to save the Pro Am community within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 05:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

Allow us to Purchase 99 Myplayers from the Start.

I'm tired of grinding for an overall 99 Myplayer. Since 2k is Not going anywhere with Microtransactions, why not allow us to buy a maxed out myplayer for $100?

To purchase the game is $65 after taxes
you gotta spend $50 bucks on Vc to grind him to an 85 overall.

Why not for another $50 bucks let him get maxed out?

The NBA Combine Myplayers archetypes were 90 overalls and were free to play to just compete, i say just take it a step further and let us have maxed out guys so we can just play competitively from the start. The guys who reached a 99 overall clearly have WAY more time than myself or most people with a life.

Allow users to have a fully modifiable Attribute allocation system for myplayers.

Theres nothing worse than working on an archetype and a patch comes out to make your build usesless. It was this way last year when bigs found out putting 3's on a rebounder would allow him to green from the corners.
Also this would be a great way to allow users to build their player exactly how they want instead of forcing us to GRIND for attritibutes we dont care for. It sucks to get reach a new level only to have an attribute put on post or
rebounding if youre a sharpshooter. Or you get stamina or strength and youre pure point forward. Most people want to put their newly unlocked attributes where theyre strengths are. Thats what made last years attribute system ok, because they allowed that feature. Please revamp this feature and bring it back.

The Online community needs Private matchmaking

Theres a huge community of online(Pro AM) guys who are waiting to play against each other and theonly thing keeping them back from consistently playing each other is a Private matchmaking system. This would allow people to have
Leagues that thrive on a guaranteed matchmaking system to match up every single time as opposed to know where u jusy hope and pray when both teams count down 3, 2, 1 START, that they meet up and not get thrown into a random match. 2K this is very doable. Please, the future of Esports is counting on this.
Allow pro Am Teams to Wager vs each other

When Matches are starting, we should be able to wager just like we do in the stage. This should be an elite 2 unlock so that we can have a way to make VC for players who strictly play pro am. This should be an option for users who play walk on who average an B+ teammate grade and better as well.

Dunk/Layups/Dribble Animations Need More customization.

Every year i sit in the Myplayerlab and watch the these beautiful animations play out and cant help but wonder if 2K would allow us to handpick one by one which animations we could have from Various packages.

Example:
I see a dunk from say Lebrons Package i like, instead of equipping his whole dunk package, let us users select one by one which dunks we want, so we dont have certain ones that just come out...Sort of like mute button on certain moves. Same thing for layups and crossovers. Nothing like seeing a move from a dribble package you like, but youre not totally in love with the entire dribble package.

In Pro Am Walk on/Team Pro AM/Jordan Rec Center Allow Users to Switch positions on who they want to guard.

In 2k10 and 2k11, we had this feature in crew mode. This is especially helpful with the matchmaking the way it is, sometime you have an uneven match up.

Team 1 Team 2
HUman pg Human PG
Human Sg A.I
a.I Human SF
A.I. Human pf
Human Center A.I

With this line up, without having to ask the point guard to switch positions, everyone should be able to switch on their own. No badges need to be equipped to do this.

Walk on Gyms Should Have access Levels based on Teammate grade/Performance

The 99 Overall system is such a grind that i believe it should be approached differently when it comes to access to parks and gyms. The gym access should be as follows:

Black and yellow Walk ons Teammate grade F through C+

White vs Red walk ons with Boosts Teammate grade B- through A minus on allstar difficulty

Customizable Jerseys/Clothes With Boosts and Double Rep on customizable courts for winner stays on. Hof Difficulty.

2K should bring back the Jordan shoe collection and make them unlockable like in 2k11 and have when you reach say a 91 or 92 overall you can make customizable shoes that you can have plus 5 in any category on top of them being able to use boosts on pro am.

If i forget anything i'll add on to this later. If you guys have any suggestions, feel free to add.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 2k19:Suggestions on how to save the Pro Am community

So you want to spend $100 extra on day 1?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2018, 10:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

That first idea is terrible. The others not so much.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #4
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

I don't agree with the first idea. The whole "pay to win" idea in this game is played out. There needs to be an actual skill gap in this game. All the other idea's I actually agree with. Private matchmaking has been wanted for a long time by this community.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:27 AM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

I don’t want day one 99s that you can pay for. Maybe if this was an offline MyCareer only, but online play should have a mode that has more balance without pressuring people into an insane grind or to dish money out.

In my opinion Pro AM should be what the combine was. Walk on and park (and maybe casual style Pro AM) can still exist for players that people want to play with what exists now, because I get that customization is a big deal. I think there is room for both styles. I prefer a more sim style but I also have times where I don’t want to play a bunch of try hard games and just want to chill with friends. A Pro AM mode that is like the combine would also allow people to get comfortable with an archetype before committing to creating a customized one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by ph33; 03-24-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I don’t want day one 99s that you can pay for. Maybe if this was an offline MyCareer only, but online play should have a mode that has more balance without pressuring people into an insane grind or to dish money out.

In my opinion Pro AM should be what the combine was. Walk on and park (and maybe casual style Pro AM) can still exist for players that people want to play with what exists now, because I get that customization is a big deal. I think there is room for both styles. I prefer a more sim style but I also have times where I don’t want to play a bunch of try hard games and just want to chill with friends. A Pro AM mode that is like the combine would also allow people to get comfortable with an archetype before committing to creating a customized one.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I feel your point is spot on in regards to people being able to test archetypes
in a competitive setting like pro am, but i don't agree that walk on should be like the combine. I mean, i do...but i feel like because the combine was placed in a setting where we were competing at the highest level, not everyone should have access to that level of competition. Only people of an elite level should be playing in an environment where the difficulty is on hall of fame and people should have an average teammate grade of an A or better with a required amount of Wins...say like 500 walk on wins to be able to compete in that arena.

I believe i stated earlier in my OP how i feel if 2k Implemented different gyms with certain requirements that it would level the playing field and not put try hards in games with people who knew what they were doing. On the backend 2k says they hired a team that could stat track every little stat. They should bring that team back for 2k19 and track Quitters and people with High DNF %, low teammate grades, Low win percentages should all be playing with each other.

As for the Day one 99's, what difference does it make if someone 99' or not? Are the folks that don't agree feeling like if they had their paid for 85 overall going against the 99 overall that they would be at a major disadvantage? put it this way. If we put the highly skilled players in the community that are going into the 2kLeague against the average causal player equipped with 99 overalls, who do you think would win on a consistent basis? I definitely recall Still trill playing against Paul George and a few other allstars who are avid fans of 2k. They had the NBA Players Maxed out or damn near it and they still lost to still trill because regardless of their myplayers overall, STICK SKILLS WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #7
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Real NBA current/classic players.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:36 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

you said something about taking certain dunk animations from brains package for example and equipping them instead of his package..you can already do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »