Home

If my Center has high strength, would increasing weight be pointless?

This is a discussion on If my Center has high strength, would increasing weight be pointless? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 03:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
If my Center has high strength, would increasing weight be pointless?

Made a 7'1 Center defense primary, slashing secondary. Maxed out, I'd have 91 strength at only 270lbs. Only reason why I don't wanna increase weight is because it slows me down.

Last edited by ImInThis; 03-29-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #2
Banned

Re: If my Center has high strength, would increasing weight be pointless?

Strength is only used if you know how to use the post well. My glass cleaner has maxed 99 strength and weight is 300lbs. The higher weight you have, the slower lateral quickness you have on defense and speed. Thats why i didnt make him 340lbs.
Old 03-29-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Strength is only used if you know how to use the post well. My glass cleaner has maxed 99 strength and weight is 300lbs. The higher weight you have, the slower lateral quickness you have on defense and speed. Thats why i didnt make him 340lbs.
I disagree, the badges are the most important. I'm 245 but can drop step and post spin anyone with gold and silver badges.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
Rookie

I made the Center. He's pretty dang good. 7'1 270lbs and much faster than most centers.

There was a couple of times I got dunked on, but proper position and usage getting defensive stopper and rim protector will stop that.

And Pure Stretchs are barbeque chicken. Lock them down on defense then back them in the post on offense.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I disagree, the badges are the most important. I'm 245 but can drop step and post spin anyone with gold and silver badges.
Well you’re wrong because my GC doesnt even have any post scoring badges like drop stepper, post spin but i can drop step like a pure post scorer. Randoms in pro am automatically think im a post scorer but when i tell them im a GC, they are like wtf?? How?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 02:49 AM   #6
Banned

Depends on your play style. I maxxed out my C 7'3 340. Reb/dunk I dominate inside like Shaq. When it comes down to it, alot of C is about getting inside position, so youre gonna wanna be the biggest dude on the block.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
Depends on your play style. I maxxed out my C 7'3 340. Reb/dunk I dominate inside like Shaq. When it comes down to it, alot of C is about getting inside position, so youre gonna wanna be the biggest dude on the block.
lol. all you need to do to get inside position is rim run. run as fast as you can to the middle under the basket. and hold the charge/pick button so the defender can't get that defensive animation on you. then release it and move the right stick and it will grant you the inside position EVERY time and you can also get the outstretched hand animation for the over the top pass. its cheese like swiss cheese. but everyone who is supposedly good. does this same move. its virtually impossible to stop in most scenarios. the only chance you have is if you didnt just score on the other end or if you were not deep under the basket when the ball went up. so not to give your guy a chance to run out on you.

truthfully the only thing stopping this is solid team defense. a guard thats already half way back has to bump that big and pick him up until you get there. while you cover the guard so they cant just chuck up a wide open fast break 3 ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »