Home

Dear Broadcast Cam users

This is a discussion on Dear Broadcast Cam users within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #25
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Dear Broadcast Cam users

My teammates have never complained about me using the broadcast camera in Pro Am, especially when I hit them trailing on a fastbreak for a dunk/open 3 ... a pass I wouldn't have been able to set up in the 2K camera because you can't see what's behind you. The biggest downside of broadcast is that you can only see so far up the court in some transition situations. But here's the thing, I'm someone who hates turnovers. I would rather bring the ball up the court and get a good shot out of the half-court offense than risk a turnover trying to throw a long pass down the court. Basically, if you're so far up the court that I can't see you on the broadcast camera, I probably wasn't going to force that pass anyways. So this downside of the camera doesn't affect me as much as it might others.

I feel that my vision in the half-court is so much better with the broadcast camera. I can see corner to corner from baseline to the top of the arc at nearly all times. I don't have the same kind of blind spots (especially out of the post) that I do with the 2K camera. As a pass-first teammate, I love having the ability to see anywhere in the half-court at any time. It lets me really read the defense and set up those skip/touch passes to teammates I might not have been able to see otherwise. You can say that it's unrealistic to be able to see the floor from this angle, but the 2K cam isn't really any more realistic. No one sees the floor disembodied, floating 20-feet in the air, looking back down at themselves. Until there's a first-person VR camera included, no camera is going to provide a true-to-life perspective. So until then, every camera is going to have its pros and cons.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to convince anyone that the broadcast camera is better than the 2K camera. I'm just arguing that it's better for me and my play style. I'm also not going to assume that every ballhogging, dribble-spamming, left-right cheeser I come across is that way because they must be using the 2K camera. There are plenty of bad teammates out there on both sides.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2018, 02:46 PM   #26
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
Definitely blind spots on fast breaks... already known.

You can usually tell when someone uses broadcast by their movement patterns.
That's what icon passing is for and knowing who you play with.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #27
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm pretty sure what he was trying to express in his own creative way....was that teammates using broadcast in Pro Am puts the the team at a disadvantage. With the amount of long passing down court that takes place, there are simply some passes you cant react to the same way you could if you were using the 2K cam...

Its the reality I face in PNO too against some guys unfortunately...
I'm also pro-2k cam for online, but I do have a teammate that uses broadcast. In the end, if they're comfortable and playing well, can't argue with their preference.

To the OP: How do you know all supposed 'trash players' use broadcast? I take for granted that everyone is on 2k cam.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
That's what icon passing is for and knowing who you play with.
??? What does icon passing have to do with transition defense
Old 04-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
My teammates have never complained about me using the broadcast camera in Pro Am, especially when I hit them trailing on a fastbreak for a dunk/open 3 ... a pass I wouldn't have been able to set up in the 2K camera because you can't see what's behind you. The biggest downside of broadcast is that you can only see so far up the court in some transition situations. But here's the thing, I'm someone who hates turnovers. I would rather bring the ball up the court and get a good shot out of the half-court offense than risk a turnover trying to throw a long pass down the court. Basically, if you're so far up the court that I can't see you on the broadcast camera, I probably wasn't going to force that pass anyways. So this downside of the camera doesn't affect me as much as it might others.

I feel that my vision in the half-court is so much better with the broadcast camera. I can see corner to corner from baseline to the top of the arc at nearly all times. I don't have the same kind of blind spots (especially out of the post) that I do with the 2K camera. As a pass-first teammate, I love having the ability to see anywhere in the half-court at any time. It lets me really read the defense and set up those skip/touch passes to teammates I might not have been able to see otherwise. You can say that it's unrealistic to be able to see the floor from this angle, but the 2K cam isn't really any more realistic. No one sees the floor disembodied, floating 20-feet in the air, looking back down at themselves. Until there's a first-person VR camera included, no camera is going to provide a true-to-life perspective. So until then, every camera is going to have its pros and cons.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to convince anyone that the broadcast camera is better than the 2K camera. I'm just arguing that it's better for me and my play style. I'm also not going to assume that every ballhogging, dribble-spamming, left-right cheeser I come across is that way because they must be using the 2K camera. There are plenty of bad teammates out there on both sides.
I've played enough pro-am with all types of skill levels to know broadcam users are the worst. Like you guys keep acting like it's "my" bias. No this is the NBA 2K LEAGUES "bias" and just reality of facts. "i'm not gonna risk throwing it down court" Lol what. This is what I hate about PG's like that, they turbo down the court and wait for the defense to set up instead of early offense passes ala Lonzo Ball.

You're right, first person view doesn't exist. But as far as up down left right. If I'm watching a pickup game as a spectator on a side bench, that's broadcast. If I'm in the game it's front-back. It's gonna be the closest you get to seeing those angles.

And what's funny is the people "liking" some of these posts or commenting don't even play Pro-am at any competitive level lmao.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:15 PM   #30
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I've played enough pro-am with all types of skill levels to know broadcam users are the worst. Like you guys keep acting like it's "my" bias. No this is the NBA 2K LEAGUES "bias" and just reality of facts. "i'm not gonna risk throwing it down court" Lol what. This is what I hate about PG's like that, they turbo down the court and wait for the defense to set up instead of early offense passes ala Lonzo Ball.

You're right, first person view doesn't exist. But as far as up down left right. If I'm watching a pickup game as a spectator on a side bench, that's broadcast. If I'm in the game it's front-back. It's gonna be the closest you get to seeing those angles.

And what's funny is the people "liking" some of these posts or commenting don't even play Pro-am at any competitive level lmao.
I have a 3&D SG and a Low-Post Scoring/Defending C ... neither of which have high passing ratings. If I was playing with a PG, I probably would switch to the 2K camera so I could make those longer outlet passes (and I do this in All Star Team Up sometimes when teams full-court press and I need to advance the ball up the floor to beat it). But since I'm not going to make those passes in most situations with guys who aren't strong passers for risk of turning it over, I'm going to play with the broadcast camera because of the other advantages I feel it provides me.

You say that the 2K camera is closest to being realistic because you see "front-back," but what about when you're standing near the break or in the corner? If real life, wouldn't you be seeing the court from more of a "side bench" perspective? You wouldn't be seeing straight up and down the court, you'd be looking across it. So, since I'm someone who plays on the wings and in the corners more than I play at the top of the arc offensively (and defensively for that matter), wouldn't the broadcast camera give me the more realistic view the majority of the time?

Anyways, I commented in here simply to respond to the OP's opinion that broadcast camera users "make Pro Am & Park unbearable." I just wanted to state the reasons why I play on the camera, and offer a bit of a counter-point that I've never made Pro Am an "unbearable" experience for my teammates. It doesn't mean I win every game, am some kind of an E-Leaguer, or that I've never had a bad game before. But generally speaking, I'm usually pretty good in the assist:turnover ratio department and I play solid defense.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #31
Rookie

Everybody who doesn’t play the game just like me is FU***** TRASH, AND I WON’T HEAR OTHERWISE. This guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

72% Team Pro Am| 77% Walk On|76% Park| A Teammate Grade| PS4 Name: JustCallMeSleepy. Pm me on here or add me on PS4 if you wanna run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #32
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:

Bro, I've played pro am at every level. From the turds of walk on to the teams that run 5 out every possession in team. I've got over 1000 walk on games played with a pretty good record. The cam that people play on isn't nearly as important as making the extra pass, or sticking to your man, getting back on defense, hitting the big man on the roll, watching for shooters in the corner... The fundamentals of the game of basketball are what's important.

If you're continually getting frustrated from other players, you can attribute most of that to yourself. While it's true all online game modes are better with friends, there are ways to get your teammates to trust you. I've found while playing on my slasher, the paint is always crowded and therefore I'm rendered ineffective while playing with randoms. So I'll grab my point forward and start hitting my teammates early so they can see me when I'm open.

I get a lot more friend requests when I'm throwing out a bunch of dimes rather than scoring a lot. If I have a team of friends and they know I'm on my slasher then I can have fun with him. If I'm playing with randoms I play with complementary players. I'll run big a lot of times when my friends aren't on just so I know I can get a full team vs running with 2 guards and 2 CPU bigs.

It's all about being what your team needs vs always trying to get it done how YOU want.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »