Home

NBA 2K19 Needs Private MyParks With Custom Rules & Court Designs

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Needs Private MyParks With Custom Rules & Court Designs within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2018, 11:54 AM   #17
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Needs Private MyParks With Custom Rules & Court Designs

19 needs private parks just for the simp fact that me as an unselfish and smart player should not hop on and lose 80% of the games i play without friends

No other game has that type of dynamic. If your a really good PUBG player you can carry ANY TEAM to a win. Same for Rainbow six siege. Same for Team play on madden. If your super good at QB you can win with 2 bum receivers. Same for For Honor. If your teammates are both getting the hands you can beat your guy and come help and win even with worse players.

In 2k if your teammates are trash you undoubtedly will lose. You may drop your man off but as soon as dudes start double teaming and you have to pass to your teammates it’s a wrap if they can’t at least hit an open jumper. Or if they are high overall but you just get the guy whose like 600-3000 and averages 16 ppg in the park and just doesn’t pass

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-12-2018, 05:07 AM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
There's no reason to show someone's "rank" or "overall" before they game. People have been running off spots for 3 years now since it's been introduced. Either people are too scared to play high over all players, or too scared to play with lower overall players thinking they'll lose also. It really is annoying having a team on the squad ready to play, but because I'm playing with a 95 overall they just run from one got next to the other side for ten minutes trying not to play with a 70. This was like this when I was a legend in 15 and 16 and Superstar in 17.

Also, stop displaying the archetype of your opposition. It's fine letting your TEAM know what they're playing with, but your match up should be hidden. This way if you're a pure sharp, you may get a couple clean looks without the team in your jersey from the tip. If you're a slasher, they might honor you from deep for the whole first half. Hell, if you hit one they might play you tight the rest of the game.

There really needs to be more deception involved in this game. Too often I can hit my man with a nice cross just to get passed him and him still recover for a Chase down block. Stop holding hands for kids. People who don't make defensive builds shouldn't be getting 3 blocks a park game by spamming.
I'm all for hiding the ratings. It's a fallacy anyway because anyone can buy their way to 85, even if they've never played a game before. Yet a skilled 75 OVR will struggle to find park teammates.

I'm in two minds on the archetypes - scouting opponents is fine, the question to me is should it be left entirely up to the player ("ah I remember this guy...") or should there be some help.

On your last point, the game gets noticeably worse the higher rated the players are. Every gold badge seems to have a quota it must reach every game, so you see ridiculous crap so everyone can get their strengths. I've had a few Pro-Am games where the highest rated player was in the mid 80s and presumable the badges were similarly scaled back, and it was far more enjoyable and sensible.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #19
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I think most park players would agree that NBA 2Gray18 has turned out to be the most boring and uneventful year for park since the mode was first introduced in its original barebones state.

IMO the best way to bring back some excitement and novelty to the park is to treat it like a late-1990s/early-2000s PC first-person shooter and give us the ability to modify the game rules and edit the environments in which we're playing.

Being stuck in the same parks with the same rulesets for 12 straight months is going to eventually bore even the most enthusiastic park supporters, regardless of how good the official on-disc parks are in 2K19. But if 2K19 can give users the tools to customize a park's look and gameplay experience, then the community would be able to keep itself entertained, without 2K needing to create new events and parks throughout the year.

A private park should come with 6 playable courts. The park host should be able to change the match type, (head to head, 21, knockout, slam dunk contest, three-point contest, open shootaround), the match size (from 1v1 up to 5v5), and the court size (halfcourt or fullcourt) on a per-court basis. Restrictions based on players' ratings, position, and archetype should also be available for the host to set. Dress codes should be enforceable on each court, with the three clothing options being: 1. Shirts vs. Skins 2. Automatically recolor all clothing & accessories to an assigned team color (chosen by the park owner) 3. No outfit restrictions or alterations.

The park host should be able to set the total points needed to end a game, and adjust the point values for each individual shot type. Playing to a set time limit instead of a set point total should also be an option.

A detailed list of the match rules should also be editable.

Hosts should also have the ability to switch certain parts of the gameplay on/off (contact dunks, ankle breakers, etc.), as well as create custom rules that further restrict the gameplay like "flashy passes only" or "no dunking allowed." There should be a hashtag on twitter (#MyParkMyRules) and a kiosk inside every private park where users can suggest new custom rules for 2K to add to the available list of gameplay "mutators."

NBA 2Gray18 already lets us edit our MyCourt and team Pro Am court, so the next step should be letting us design our own private MyPark using 2K's existing logo and color editing tools.
I want to change sliders also in my Private Park.

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »