Home

Will 2K modify their microtransactions for 2k19?

This is a discussion on Will 2K modify their microtransactions for 2k19? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #9
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Will 2K modify their microtransactions for 2k19?

If they don't make up for this year big time then the community is due for a Battlefront type of uproar, MyCareer/Park/ProAM players have been getting shafted

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 04-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I still remember when VC was introduced in 2k13 and hoping that it would be a fad that wouldn't last long. Here we are 8 years later and the practice has permeated throughout the medium like a virus.

As someone who just plays single player in games I have to say micro-transactions haven't affected me at all to my knowledge. However, looking at how MyCareer is seriously gimped offline, the intended way to play is a system designed around VC to do pretty much anything. It's still fun and playable even if you don't reach 85 overall let alone 90+ but customization is ludicrously expensive to the point where experimenting with different clothing styles for example is a huge VC sink.

Things can get worse of course and that's the scary part. My League is where I spend my most time with 2k and if that starts getting infected with VC... man I'll be upset. Micro-transactions in offline/single player experiences are crossing a line in my opinion and things should never go that far.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #11
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Red
I still remember when VC was introduced in 2k13 and hoping that it would be a fad that wouldn't last long. Here we are 8 years later...
Think you're miscalculating there a bit.

Also, 50 VC to skip cut scenes would be way worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Think you're miscalculating there a bit.

Also, 50 VC to skip cut scenes would be way worth it.
That I am, although in 2 years time I have a feeling the sentiment will still be relevant lol
Old 04-13-2018, 12:59 AM   #13
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

In all seriousness, where is the line, and who is confident 2K won't cross it?

They'd be smart to give the game away for free, IMO. And I'm being serious.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:44 AM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Red
I still remember when VC was introduced in 2k13 and hoping that it would be a fad that wouldn't last long. Here we are 8 years later and the practice has permeated throughout the medium like a virus.

As someone who just plays single player in games I have to say micro-transactions haven't affected me at all to my knowledge. However, looking at how MyCareer is seriously gimped offline, the intended way to play is a system designed around VC to do pretty much anything. It's still fun and playable even if you don't reach 85 overall let alone 90+ but customization is ludicrously expensive to the point where experimenting with different clothing styles for example is a huge VC sink.

Things can get worse of course and that's the scary part. My League is where I spend my most time with 2k and if that starts getting infected with VC... man I'll be upset. Micro-transactions in offline/single player experiences are crossing a line in my opinion and things should never go that far.
Agree... I'll probably stop playing the game. The only thing I love about VC. Literally the only thing is that when they make a lot of money. They can sign more players (for their likeness) to create classic teams/rosters with.

I don't know how old everyone is here. But how do you guys feel about kids or if you have your own kids. How will are you doing with stuff like that? I'd take videos games from him forever lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2018, 02:00 AM   #15
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

I know this is more like DLC, but If they gave us things like year-to-year saves and something like PES Option Files that costed extra to use, I'm about 80% sure id buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 03:14 AM   #16
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

No, why would they? Take Two just had a record year in terms of mtx. Fact is, there is a very small part of the player base that DOESNT CARE about money and is WILLING to spend it. Mtx are highly profitable and this justifies that 2k does not need to care about the rest of the players. They dont care about the 50k players that are sick of mtx and wont buy 2k19 because of that, they are still making money because of that small fraction of the player base thats willing to spend money...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »