Home

Speed & Acceleration Ratings Differential Needs to Be More Noticeable in NBA 2K19

This is a discussion on Speed & Acceleration Ratings Differential Needs to Be More Noticeable in NBA 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Speed & Acceleration Ratings Differential Needs to Be More Noticeable in NBA 2K19

I've spent a lot of time this year playing power forward in Pro-Am with my 6'8" 250, 6'9" 250, and 7'0" 245 MyPlayers, and whenever I've been matched up against a 7'3" 340 power forward, I've felt like the 20 to 30 point advantage that MyPlayers have in the speed and acceleration ratings just wasn't being properly represented during gameplay.

My feelings about this area of the gameplay were confirmed last week when 2K Lab posted a video of a 90-speed player running baseline to baseline against a player with the same height and weight but the speed rating gradually being lowered in 5 point intervals:

This small amount of player separation that happens during a footrace makes large speed rating differentials matter very little during gameplay, especially when you consider how easy it is in 2K18 for a trailing defender to grab hold of an offensive player and "piggyback" onto him while riding hip-to-hip all the way up the court in an unbreakable two-man canimation.

If NBA 2K19 is going to continue to let people customize the height and weight of their MyPlayers, then the on-court gameplay needs to display a much more noticeable speed differential between a 6'8" 250 power forward and a 7'3" 340 power forward. Otherwise, it's just going to be another year of everyone making their players as tall and heavy as possible, knowing that they won't be at any real disadvantage when it comes to on-court athleticism.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-16-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Speed & Acceleration Ratings Differential Needs to Be More Noticeable in NBA 2K19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I've spent a lot of time this year playing power forward in Pro-Am with my 6'8" 250, 6'9" 250, and 7'0" 245 MyPlayers, and whenever I've been matched up against a 7'3" 340 power forward, I've felt like the 20 to 30 point advantage that MyPlayers have in the speed and acceleration ratings just wasn't being properly represented during gameplay.

My feelings about this area of the gameplay were confirmed last week when 2K Lab posted a video of a 90-speed player running baseline to baseline against a player with the same height and weight but the speed rating gradually being lowered in 5 point intervals:

This small amount of player separation that happens during a footrace makes large speed rating differentials matter very little during gameplay, especially when you consider how easy it is in 2K18 for a trailing defender to grab hold of an offensive player and "piggyback" onto him while riding hip-to-hip all the way up the court in an unbreakable two-man canimation.

If NBA 2K19 is going to continue to let people customize the height and weight of their MyPlayers, then the on-court gameplay needs to display a much more noticeable speed differential between a 6'8" 250 power forward and a 7'3" 340 power forward. Otherwise, it's just going to be another year of everyone making their players as tall and heavy as possible, knowing that they won't be at any real disadvantage when it comes to on-court athleticism.

Maybe they will do it like in the combine. If you choose your Position; it’s going to be same height, same weight. But then again... if you make a stretch, why would you go max weight. Or lesser weight on a Slasher or defender. Hard thing to figure out....

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Speed & Acceleration Ratings Differential Needs to Be More Noticeable in NBA 2K19

Here's a short clip showing a 7'3" 340 pure post scorer that has a 30-something speed with ball rating running a fastbreak side-by-side with my 6'2" 225 sharpshooting slasher that has 91 speed and 91 acceleration ratings:

WHAT IS THIS CHEESE?!?!?!?!

I swear the speed and acceleration ratings mean nothing in 2K18, and once you step onto the Pro Am court, all of the athleticism stats get equalized.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-18-2018 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Here's a short clip showing a 7'3" 340 pure post scorer that has a 30-something speed with ball rating running a fastbreak side-by-side with my 6'2" 225 sharpshooting slasher that has 91 speed and 91 acceleration ratings:

I swear the speed and acceleration ratings mean nothing in 2K18, and once you step onto the Pro Am court, all of the athleticism stats get equalized.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

look at you out here hating on housh's elite ball handling skills!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #6
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

In a dead sprint, you are correct. But a tall player trying to guard a point forward is pretty funny to watch and a nightmare of a match up. Maybe the lateral quickness rating matters a bit more than the others? Just something I've noticed at the least.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

We've been asking for this for years. Good look trying to use a non-dunking guard on a fast break against a slow centre. He'll trail you like Lebron and swat your **** to the 3rd row unless you fake them out or something to get them up before you
Old 04-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I dont know what its like online, but this has been a issue for yrs now with NBA2k, with not having enough differential in speed between guards and bigs.

I rarely see a fast break where bigs are slow to get back to defend, as you see IRL. I always go thru and edit speed of bigs down, in MyLeague, to get more of a gap between slow and fast players.

Now the adjusting the new sliders of speed and acceleration gap of fast and slow players, does make a difference. I cant remember what my slider settings are for this, but I know I have a 50 pt gap for both speed and accleration of fast players to slow players. Which seems to have improved this. Obviously that dont help those who play online, but for a offline player like me, it does seem to have helped. I just wish I would have adjusted these sooner, than I did,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »