Home

What happened to backdoor cuts?

This is a discussion on What happened to backdoor cuts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2018, 02:44 PM   #9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What happened to backdoor cuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Dropped and fumbled passes are over exaggerated this year even with Glue Hands. Players will be WIDE OPEN on a cut and still drop a pass. An easy assist and bucket will turn into a turnover in this game.
Again, This is balancing act. It makes you realize Passer and Receiver have to have ratings to make things happen. Your not forcing your way into easy baskets. Which is what happened in the years before. Lead passing was unstoppable. And I'm not saying you can't hit a open man with a bad passer. It is. But you as the user need to be more patient before jamming on that pass button.

Here is a huge tip. When a player is wide open. You can use the contextual passing to hit them with a pass. Just watch where the white circle moves. You literally just have to tap pass button without anything else. And boom pass is away.

I have others examples. If people want to see. But I'm guessing no one doesn't.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Again, This is balancing act. It makes you realize Passer and Receiver have to have ratings to make things happen. Your not forcing your way into easy baskets. Which is what happened in the years before. Lead passing was unstoppable. And I'm not saying you can't hit a open man with a bad passer. It is. But you as the user need to be more patient before jamming on that pass button.

Here is a huge tip. When a player is wide open. You can use the contextual passing to hit them with a pass. Just watch where the white circle moves. You literally just have to tap pass button without anything else. And boom pass is away.

I have others examples. If people want to see. But I'm guessing no one doesn't.
Word. I'll try this tonight and see how it goes. Good tip and vid!
Old 05-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

good question Ive thought the same thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
It's the truth right here. I came up with the idea. It was because of all the lead passing into the paint and deep pass in transition. Certain players should have no business catching passes so cleanly for easy points. That's why alley oops are very different this years. Takes much more skill to throw one.

But to answer original question... Yes the players do cut to the basket. But it depends on the situation and the players cut vs pop rating/tendencies. He's 2 great examples for you.

Kevin Love is in the post vs KD. My opponent comes with a double team with JM. Because Love has been killing him in the post. But leave Kyle Korver wide open in the corner. I'm sure Kyle rating is zero. Meaning he won't cut to the basket for nothing.

Here he doubles off of Larry Nance who has a high roll tendency. You can see he starts his cut before I even get the chance to press the cut button. It just takes time. Most users are in such a hurry. But if you keep the ball away from the defense you can get them to cut or stay for whatever situation.

The cut button can be used for both situations. But if you buy time. The computer will do it for you. You buy time in the post by doing a fake pass. You can also dribble away from the double team. But you lost space on the court. Also you don't want Kyle Korver under the basket. You want that man shooting lol. Larry Nance should be dunking

Also sorry for the yelling. I had a long day at work. And I wanted to beat someone lol.
The cut at 19:14 where Lebron practically hands the ball off to Love from 2 feet and he bobbled and drops it is what drives me crazy. I see that on my Center all the time despite having gold Glue Hands. I have no problem with bobble animations but it feels like there’s no context at all for a bobble or a clean pass as far as how the pass was made. I’ll bobble clean passes from short distances with no traffic and snag difficult ones and dunk in one motion. It’s the same with outlet passes. I’ll throw a pinpoint Hail Mary pass 80 feet the instant my feet touch the ground after grabbing a defensive rebound surrounded by bodies then the next play i’ll grab a board, take a handful of steps and whiff a 15 foot pass across the time line with no one near me or the recipient. No context. It’s like the game just calculates make or miss on these plays without taking into account the circumstances leading up to the play. An 80 foot pass shouldn’t have the same probability as a 15 foot one just because they’re both outlet passes. Same with the bobble animation.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:36 PM   #13
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

I think what some of us are asking for is just for passes that look like they should be at least caught and controlled, completed. Instead of having no visual reason for why someone just dropped the ball or fumbled it.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #14
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
The cut at 19:14 where Lebron practically hands the ball off to Love from 2 feet and he bobbled and drops it is what drives me crazy. I see that on my Center all the time despite having gold Glue Hands. I have no problem with bobble animations but it feels like there’s no context at all for a bobble or a clean pass as far as how the pass was made. I’ll bobble clean passes from short distances with no traffic and snag difficult ones and dunk in one motion. It’s the same with outlet passes. I’ll throw a pinpoint Hail Mary pass 80 feet the instant my feet touch the ground after grabbing a defensive rebound surrounded by bodies then the next play i’ll grab a board, take a handful of steps and whiff a 15 foot pass across the time line with no one near me or the recipient. No context. It’s like the game just calculates make or miss on these plays without taking into account the circumstances leading up to the play. An 80 foot pass shouldn’t have the same probability as a 15 foot one just because they’re both outlet passes. Same with the bobble animation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
I think what some of us are asking for is just for passes that look like they should be at least caught and controlled, completed. Instead of having no visual reason for why someone just dropped the ball or fumbled it.
I agree the visual cues aren't perfect. But they usually happen when a defender is in the area. Or doing that running grabbing animation (deny thing). It's a balancing act.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:57 PM   #15
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

If it wasn't in the game people would be upset that backdoor cuts are unstoppable again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 03:15 PM   #16
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
If it wasn't in the game people would be upset that backdoor cuts are unstoppable again.
Which is what happen in 2K16. I remember those Sam Pham videos where he called it something else. All I saw for the rest of the month was the same play ran over and over again. I swear people don't remember certain parts of the games history.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »