Home

Can we just get rid of "spamming" entirely?

This is a discussion on Can we just get rid of "spamming" entirely? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #41
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we just get rid of "spamming" entirely?

Jeebs, if you whiff there needs to be a penalty. Period. If you don't time it right, you don't get a second chance before i finish my move. That's why when you go to play REAL ball you'll hear someone go "WHY YOU JUMPING?! " after they finish over or through you. This isn't even always after a dunk. This could be a pump fake, side step jumper. This could be a pump in the post to a contact layup.

"WHY YOU JUMPING?!" isn't in the game. That's bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #42
MVP

On the same token: "STAY DOWN" is a FUNDAMENTAL part of defense. They teach that in every facet of basketball. It is INFINITELY more worth to BOTHER shooters and finishers vs. Actually trying to take away what they're doing. If you come up against a young Blake and you're kendrick perkins, you don't jump.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
No, you're in the restricted. Unless you foul me or time it perfectly WITH the rating then i don't agree.

Hands up outside the restricted should result in the most disruptions, but it doesn't.

Blocking NEEDS to be at the apex or on the way UP. not when i pump you and you can have no extra input but 2k puts me in a "i blocked myself"animation.
No
Theres animations that trigger that take you from steps outside of the restricted, to inside.
In MyLeague they call key violations im not just chillin in there
Old 06-15-2018, 01:14 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixEverything2k
No
Theres animations that trigger that take you from steps outside of the restricted, to inside.
In MyLeague they call key violations im not just chillin in there
I agree. Hands up is worthless in this game. Why aren't we talking about that instead of why jumping 20 times is effective at all? That should be a no brainer.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:07 AM   #45
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Here is the thing though... I totally see what your saying here. But are you saying that a defender shouldn't be able to jump again after he comes back to the ground. Because I think we'll cause a bigger problem. In that defenders couldn't jump again after one block attempt. A lot of guys jump after a block attempt. Maybe they can decrease the chances of it being a block after the second jump. Putting more value into the first block. That makes more sense to me. But what we see in my video is normal play in a basketball game in my humble opinion.

I respectfully think your wrong right here.

Play real ball for a day. If you go for a block where your 2 feet leave the ground then you are SCREWED. Nobody in real life can sell out for a block and make a play right after off a quick jump. That’s unrealistic.

If i can’t make a mistake on sharps on the 3 then ppl should get killed for making mistakes against me in the post.

If you jump your boned. That should be the rule in 2k

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2018, 12:09 AM   #46
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Yeah I’m not really saying dudes shouldn’t be able to physically jump twice. I think the second jump should have less lift, less likely to block or contest the shot, and maybe a slower response time. Right now I can often jump on a pump fake, in the paint, and jump again for a block when the shot goes up.

Maybe it’s a balancing thing, like you said, to counteract all the paint campers. But it looks pretty goofy and it goes against common basketball logic.

This response times 10

There should be a turbo block that 7 footers use against other bigs and a hands up soft type block they use on guards.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #47
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
I respectfully think your wrong right here.

Play real ball for a day. If you go for a block where your 2 feet leave the ground then you are SCREWED. Nobody in real life can sell out for a block and make a play right after off a quick jump. That’s unrealistic.

Spoiler

If you jump your boned. That should be the rule in 2k

I've seen real NBA defenders leave the ground with both feet and recover to make a block. Sometimes it could be a small jump, other times a moderate jump. But it's not like it's *impossible* to recover to make a play once you leave your feet. Jordan Bell (Warriors) is one player that I've seen that has enough speed/quickness where his recovery/second jump is still effective if he was baited initially.

What's truly unrealistic is currently how 2k has "jumping" programmed. It's an all or nothing event. 2k players completely sell out (full force, full effort on all jumps) as if they're flying or gliding.

Maybe this is already present, but not sure ... what would be a nice gameplay addition is if the block button is "button sensitive," the longer that you hold the button, the higher the player jumps. This would also give the defender the ability to "bait" the offense ball hander.

McGee blocks Aldridge (I know this one isn't exactly what you're referring to, but McGee does leave his feet slightly on the second "contest" before actually committing to the actual block on his third "real" jump). And before you say it, no, I'm not talking about the McGee block when I'm talking about players recovering to make a play after they leave their feet; the McGee block is just to illustrate an example to counter the statement that leaving your feet (regardless of how high the player jumps) negates that same player from making a second play.
Spoiler

@1:07 - 1:11 (defender blocks the shot a couple times in a row successfully so I'm not sure if you would consider this as making another play when the defender leaves the ground.)
Spoiler

Kevin Durant (OKC) does leave his feet and recovers to block a shot.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 06-19-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #48
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I've seen real NBA defenders leave the ground with both feet and recover to make a block. Sometimes it could be a small jump, other times a moderate jump. But it's not like it's *impossible* to recover to make a play once you leave your feet. Jordan Bell (Warriors) is one player that I've seen that has enough speed/quickness where his recovery/second jump is still effective if he was baited initially.

What's truly unrealistic is currently how 2k has "jumping" programmed. It's an all or nothing event. 2k players completely sell out (full force, full effort on all jumps) as if they're flying or gliding.

Maybe this is already present, but not sure ... what would be a nice gameplay addition is if the block button is "button sensitive," the longer that you hold the button, the higher the player jumps. This would also give the defender the ability to "bait" the offense ball hander.

McGee blocks Aldridge (I know this one isn't exactly what you're referring to, but McGee does leave his feet slightly on the second "contest" before actually committing to the actual block on his third "real" jump). And before you say it, no, I'm not talking about the McGee block when I'm talking about players recovering to make a play after they leave their feet; the McGee block is just to illustrate an example to counter the statement that leaving your feet (regardless of how high the player jumps) negates that same player from making a second play.
Spoiler

@1:07 - 1:11 (defender blocks the shot a couple times in a row successfully so I'm not sure if you would consider this as making another play when the defender leaves the ground.)
Spoiler

Kevin Durant (OKC) does leave his feet and recovers to block a shot.
Thank you for posting this.... WHich is the whole reason I was on the fence about this. We had this where jumping mattered. And it was bad...2k16 I believe that had this jump and your dead idea.

I like your pressure sensitive idea. But the front 4 buttons can't be mapped like that. And it would have to be one of the triggers to map it like that. Then it makes blocking kind of weird with the triggers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »