Home

Badge Discussion

This is a discussion on Badge Discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2018, 02:00 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Badge Discussion

Every badge that has a corresponding rating is unnecessary.

Deadeye, Hustle Rebounder, Rim Protector, Difficult Shots, Posterizer, Relentless Finisher, and Pickpocket are all redundant. Maybe even the post ones as well.

As for the rest... I’m not sure any of them are really even necessary. Shouldn’t ankle breaker be a result of me chaining dribble moves together and getting you going the wrong way rather than a badge activating? Shouldn’t a chase down block be a result of my block attribute combined with my ability to get back in transition? Shouldn’t dimer be a result of me finding the open man and my passing attribute? Even screens could easily just be linked to size, positioning and timing.

I understand why they keep badges - progression is fun and keeps you interested longer. But they do seem to come at the expense of balance and realism at times.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Every badge that has a corresponding rating is unnecessary.

Deadeye, Hustle Rebounder, Rim Protector, Difficult Shots, Posterizer, Relentless Finisher, and Pickpocket are all redundant. Maybe even the post ones as well.

As for the rest... I’m not sure any of them are really even necessary. Shouldn’t ankle breaker be a result of me chaining dribble moves together and getting you going the wrong way rather than a badge activating? Shouldn’t a chase down block be a result of my block attribute combined with my ability to get back in transition? Shouldn’t dimer be a result of me finding the open man and my passing attribute? Even screens could easily just be linked to size, positioning and timing.

I understand why they keep badges - progression is fun and keeps you interested longer. But they do seem to come at the expense of balance and realism at times.
Maybe just take them out of the competitive MyPlayer modes then? Badges seem to be a sore spot much more for those players than others.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruhImAtWork
Maybe just take them out of the competitive MyPlayer modes then? Badges seem to be a sore spot much more for those players than others.
I’d be fine with that but I think a lot of the Park/Pro-Am players do enjoy the progression. 2K would probably need to replace it with something to satisfy that portion of the playerbase. Maybe a return of a Rank progression of some kind would be sufficient, like the old park ranks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #12
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I’d be fine with that but I think a lot of the Park/Pro-Am players do enjoy the progression. 2K would probably need to replace it with something to satisfy that portion of the playerbase. Maybe a return of a Rank progression of some kind would be sufficient, like the old park ranks.
We could progress by going up in overall instead of VC (I know it will never happen) and bring Rep back. Getting rid of badges should allow for better gameplay (in my head at least lol)

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 05-24-2018, 04:07 PM   #13
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

What are we even talking about?

How is dimer the culprit of everything cheese? I can see discussions on HOF level badges, sure. But what exactly is the issue with a pure playmaker getting a bonus for making the right passes?

As someone who gas HOF dimer, i can tell you it doesn't work for contested shots or pull ups. It's literally to help you shoot WIDE OPEN. Which is the worst shot in this game.

Ever notice that late contests are actually better than wide open? Anyone ever notice that sharps can pull with 2-3 people in their mouth?

But y'all wanna nerf wide open looks? OK.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #14
Pro

triplechin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214

How is dimer the culprit of everything cheese? I can see discussions on HOF level badges, sure. But what exactly is the issue with a pure playmaker getting a bonus for making the right passes?

As someone who gas HOF dimer, i can tell you it doesn't work for contested shots or pull ups. It's literally to help you shoot WIDE OPEN. Which is the worst shot in this game.

Ever notice that late contests are actually better than wide open? Anyone ever notice that sharps can pull with 2-3 people in their mouth?

All badges are under scrutiny, Dimer might just be the easiest to point out the issue with. No one is saying to nerf open looks or anything. Dimer providing artificial bonuses just makes no sense.

We are hypothesizing that the game can be better reworked by using ratings instead of redundant badges on top of ratings that just convolute gameplay. No one said anything about pulling up with 2-3 people in their mouth except maybe a couple people mentioned deadeye is stupid(?).

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 05-24-2018, 04:29 PM   #15
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I just don't understand the reasoning behind throwing out the baby with the bath water. There's no reason to hate on pure playmakers as they took a HUGE hit in ratings this year.

My finishing at the rim ability is almost as bad as a sharp. Sure, I've got speed and i can shoot. That's about it. You start taking away my badges, I'm running around with a 99 pass and that's it.

No thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #16
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214

Lmao nobody here that ive seen is advocating nerfing wide open looks. I am simply saying the way the dimer works isnt realistic and a band aid artificial solution to better passes. Instead of the pass being better or put in a better spot to score, they just throw a normal pass and get an World of Warcraft type of accessory boost because they have dimer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »