Home

LeBron James deserves 99 overall

This is a discussion on LeBron James deserves 99 overall within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2018, 03:17 PM   #9
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: LeBron James deserves 99 overall

Walking back on defense negates him getting a 99.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
If Jordan is a 99 and Lebron is a 97,that's just about as accurate as i could imagine.

Sure, he's gone to the finals 9 times. But Jordan never lost a finals, nor did he ever make it to a game 7in the finals. Plus, no 2players besides scotty and Jordan have ever 3-peated twice.

What are we talking about here?

Well by your statement, then I guess Bill Russell and Sam Jones is better than both MJ and Lebron

As far as the overall's are, Im fine with where they are, for both MJ and Lebron. Different era's, so I dont put too much into the overall ratings in comparision to players of previous era's to todays players.

Now would I take Lebron over MJ, no, but there is some thing that Lebron does better, that you could make the case that Lebron is more complete than MJ was. Lebron is a better passer, and a better 3pt shooter than MJ ever was. But there are also things MJ obviously does better than Lebron.

Lets be honest, Bill Russell wasnt better than Wilt, yet he has many more titles. Neither was Sam Jones better than Jerry West. I dont want to diminish Mr Russell, because he was a great player and he is even a better human being, but he really wasnt even the best player on his team.

I just posted something similiar in the NBA section, that regardless where you rank Lebron on that all time list, there is no denying we are watching greatness. Im not much of a fan of debating players of different era's, just to many variables, from different era's, to truly judge greats of different era's. Lebron is the best player of his era, hands down, he does more with less talent, than any player Ive seen in my lifetime. There is something to be said for leading your team to 8 straight finals and 9 overall, regardless of how many you have won. 1 player dont win championships, it takes a team, and sometimes you just come up against a better team, but it shouldnt diminish your greatness as a player.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 05-28-2018, 08:36 PM   #11
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

this cavs team is the 88-89 bulls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 07:42 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
If Jordan is a 99 and Lebron is a 97,that's just about as accurate as i could imagine.

Sure, he's gone to the finals 9 times. But Jordan never lost a finals, nor did he ever make it to a game 7in the finals. Plus, no 2players besides scotty and Jordan have ever 3-peated twice.

What are we talking about here?
So a player rating is dictated by number of championships? Might wanna drop down Jordan a few ratings if we counting first round losses. Championships don't mean anything when it comes to player ratings. I'm not understanding your post whatsoever.

Lebron definitely deserves 99 IMO. 15th Season is arguably his best and this post season has been something special to watch. It's Unfortunate he's facing the Warriors again and will prolly lose for the 6th time.

Last edited by Korrupted; 05-29-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:32 AM   #13
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
So a player rating is dictated by number of championships? Might wanna drop down Jordan a few ratings if we counting first round losses. Championships don't mean anything when it comes to player ratings. I'm not understanding your post whatsoever.

Lebron definitely deserves 99 IMO. 15th Season is arguably his best and this post season has been something special to watch. It's Unfortunate he's facing the Warriors again and will prolly lose for the 6th time.
Sure he is playing great but who exactly has he beaten?

Oladipo and an average Pacers team...that took him to 7 and were also very unlucky with some important calls.

A raptors team that just completely choked as they are known to do.

A depleted Celtics team missing their two best players that also took him to 7.

Every argument has a counter argument...and since you mentioned it is unfortunate he is facing the Warriors with 4 future hall of famers. Why bring up Jordan's first round losses two of those was against a team with 5 hall of famers.

People need to calm down...the lovefest is really getting out of control.

Last edited by R9NALD9; 05-29-2018 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The developers don't change the overall independently of the particular attributes the player has, and likewise they definitely shouldn't change a player's attributes just to give them a specific OVR rating (nor should they change their formula).

If you want to argue he should have a higher attribute of some sort for some reason, I understand. But the OVR is just a formulaic cumulative calculation of all of the other values in some way or another, and should not be changed "just because."
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-29-2018, 10:15 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Sure he is playing great but who exactly has he beaten?

Oladipo and an average Pacers team...that took him to 7 and were also very unlucky with some important calls.

A raptors team that just completely choked as they are known to do.

A depleted Celtics team missing their two best players that also took him to 7.

Every argument has a counter argument...and since you mentioned it is unfortunate he is facing the Warriors with 4 future hall of famers. Why bring up Jordan's first round losses two of those was against a team with 5 hall of famers.

People need to calm down...the lovefest is really getting out of control.
Again how does that determine a players rating? I'm confused. Regardless of who he's beaten, he has played tremendous throughout the regular season and post season. He has his fair share of flaws as a player but everybody does. It's arguably his best year so I can't knock someone who would like to see Lebron a 99 overall. Since when does a finals record and playing in game 7's determine a players rating?

That Pacers team wasn't a bad team at all. They were a 5 seed not a 8 seed. Let's not downplay the fact that a lot of people had the 76ers coming out the east this year right before the playoffs starting. The same team that got SMACKED in 5 games by Boston. He's done a helluva job IMO with the supporting cast that he has. I think the man deserves some type of credit.

Last edited by Korrupted; 05-29-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #16
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Again how does that determine a players rating? I'm confused. Regardless of who he's beaten, he has played tremendous throughout the regular season and post season. He has his fair share of flaws as a player but everybody does. It's arguably his best year so I can't knock someone who would like to see Lebron a 99 overall. Since when does a finals record and playing in game 7's determine a players rating?

That Pacers team wasn't a bad team at all. They were a 5 seed not a 8 seed. Let's not downplay the fact that a lot of people had the 76ers coming out the east this year right before the playoffs starting. The same team that got SMACKED in 5 games by Boston. He's done a helluva job IMO with the supporting cast that he has. I think the man deserves some type of credit.
Compared to his best season 12-13 all his shooting percentages, averages except for rebounds, turnovers and assists are lower. I would say 97 is just fine

Sent from my SM-G955F using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »