Home

2K19 being advertised as a 20th anniversary?

This is a discussion on 2K19 being advertised as a 20th anniversary? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2K19 being advertised as a 20th anniversary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
This thread is embarrassing. Worrying more about how the game is promoted and named over how it plays and its features is a really bad look.

It's fair to feel that way but the anniversary = game edition argument is pretty defeated at this point.

Kind of a funny back and forth. Also funny "they're using a different definition of anniversary."

Love you guys

-Smak
Old 06-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #34
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
I just don't like that 2k is using a lie to promote the game and is using it as a marketing trick to attract people to spend more money on the game. To me that's unprofessional. I don't know why are people so surprised that some of us are bothered by that.
There was going to be a more expensive package regardless. Just as there has been in the past releases.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 06-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #35
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
There was going to be a more expensive package regardless. Just as there has been in the past releases.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
He knows that. He's just a Live fan looking for any reason hate on 2K. He's been doing it all year with another in store apparently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #36
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

20 years 19 years, who cares, they still have glitches and bugs in the main menus, how can you be that amateur after doing something for 2 decades?
Old 06-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #37
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
20 years 19 years, who cares
You could have stopped here if you had nothing to contribute to the discussion about the anniversary distinction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #38
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
He knows that. He's just a Live fan looking for any reason hate on 2K. He's been doing it all year with another in store apparently.

Completely wrong.

This was my reaction on Scott O'Gallagher's blon on defensive improvements(there was a well known gif of The Rock clapping) in the game. I was hyped as hell. I have played every 2k since 2k9 throughout the year, not that I just played it, the game I have played the most in the last 10 years is NBA 2K. What freaking Live fan. But I've had many problems with this game that really made 2k lose my trust. And the biggest one is the AI defense, I've always been a old school type of gamer who enjoys playing against the CPU, modes like myleague more than online modes, so It really made me frustrated with the game. I could abuse pick and roll defense, 1 on 1 defense, I've pointed this so many times, and it was like a month ago that EccentricMeat, god bless him, found a solution to somewhat fix the defense. There are other parts of the game, people online complaining about how greedy and moneygrabbing 2k18 feels. And then there are layups, just too hard to make, registered as contested even when they shouldn't be at all. It was just a frustrating experience for me overall, because I feel like I've been lied to, like the game was rushed with so many problems, both online and offline.

But OK, let's say we can forget about 2k18, 2k19 is on the way, and what happens, you start a new cycle by advertising it as a 20th anniversary game, which is a lie, I know there are always versions with bonus content that are more expansive etc, but that doesn't make it right to use "20th anniversary" lie, because there are going to be some that will be thinking "man this is 20th anniversary of 2k, I have to get this game". I feel sorry for these people because they are being used. But whatever, I read many people are saying there's no way they preorder the game this year, I am one of them, and I cheer that both 2k and Live make a great game, because I am a basketball fan first, and I want to play a great solid fun basktball game, regardless of it's author. Cheers
Old 06-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #39
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Completely wrong.

This was my reaction on Scott O'Gallagher's blon on defensive improvements(there was a well known gif of The Rock clapping) in the game. I was hyped as hell. I have played every 2k since 2k9 throughout the year, not that I just played it, the game I have played the most in the last 10 years is NBA 2K. What freaking Live fan. But I've had many problems with this game that really made 2k lose my trust. And the biggest one is the AI defense, I've always been a old school type of gamer who enjoys playing against the CPU, modes like myleague more than online modes, so It really made me frustrated with the game. I could abuse pick and roll defense, 1 on 1 defense, I've pointed this so many times, and it was like a month ago that EccentricMeat, god bless him, found a solution to somewhat fix the defense. There are other parts of the game, people online complaining about how greedy and moneygrabbing 2k18 feels. And then there are layups, just too hard to make, registered as contested even when they shouldn't be at all. It was just a frustrating experience for me overall, because I feel like I've been lied to, like the game was rushed with so many problems, both online and offline.

But OK, let's say we can forget about 2k18, 2k19 is on the way, and what happens, you start a new cycle by advertising it as a 20th anniversary game, which is a lie, I know there are always versions with bonus content that are more expansive etc, but that doesn't make it right to use "20th anniversary" lie, because there are going to be some that will be thinking "man this is 20th anniversary of 2k, I have to get this game". I feel sorry for these people because they are being used. But whatever, I read many people are saying there's no way they preorder the game this year, I am one of them, and I cheer that both 2k and Live make a great game, because I am a basketball fan first, and I want to play a great solid fun basktball game, regardless of it's author. Cheers
Yeah man, we've been down this road before. I dont care enough to pull your anti 2K and pro Live posts. You do you.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #40
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Yeah man, we've been down this road before. I dont care enough to pull your anti 2K and pro Live posts. You do you.

Well you care enough to accuse me of being a Live fan and anti 2k even though I proved you that's it's not so black and white. You are the same thing my friend, it's that you just do the opposite, so you do you as well.

But whatever, this is off topic, I am anti 2k because I point to the fact that something is wrong, okay

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 06-10-2018 at 05:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »