Home

Will 2k ever fix oversized centers?

This is a discussion on Will 2k ever fix oversized centers? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2018, 11:02 PM   #25
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Will 2k ever fix oversized centers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
How about a 6' guard actually being able to play like AI?

I'll take that before i take any more major nerfs to athleticism.
We should be able to ask for both 7'3 guys to not be as athletic and OP as well as making smaller characters useful. Heights are too tall across the board in ProAM.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 02:18 AM   #26
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
We should be able to ask for both 7'3 guys to not be as athletic and OP as well as making smaller characters useful. Heights are too tall across the board in ProAM.
I fully agree. However, the stigma is ALWAYS "do this" and 2k DOES and it's gone. Lol no medium. It is or it isn't. They're way too heavy handed with everything. They tone down the dunk frequency anymore and I'll literally throw my controller at the screen next year too.

My 7'athletic was my best slasher. I made 3 of them. A pg, sg and the CENTER dunks best? SWEET. at least i CAN.

Maybe it's the fact i get more opportunities. When playing a guard slasher i have a lot working against me. While i can be successful on the right team, I'm mostly successful on most teams with my Center. That's fun to me. Sucks it took me all year to find my fun. The way i want it. You take that away I'm done.

I'm using the cheesy mechanics the right way. What you CALL cheese can be used in the game properly. If I'm a player who typically gives up bad looks for you to get going,then i can play off of that. That's the cat and mouse we all want, creating mismatches, right?

Being athletic is supposed to be about the tumbling, and the hustle. That can be reflected in the certain spot. Can i tell you that i could maybe dominate better at 7'1? I feel like that's not worth exploring.

Most kids think 7'3 is the answer. They'll just make whatever build 7'3 and kill the undersized guy.

THAT'S FINE WITH ME. at 7' exactly I've got every thing i need to DISRUPT him. In most parts of the game I'll have him in spades. Shooting? That's irrelevant. If my man is not surgical most people crash. That board comes down and a teammate of mine gets it I'm gone already. If he's not a rebounder first, he's gonna have a hard time with me. In the half court on defense, I'll give up points. But his shooters better know their shots because if i get defensive boards I'm not scared to bring it up and dime it.

There's so many things athleticism and height can do at the big positions and that's a GOOD thing.

Nerf height, not the athleticism. Being in the minority now will enhance my play next year. I'm down.

A tuning to the paint defense is welcome. A heavy handed nerf to offense in the paint is not the same thing. Can we agree?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:26 AM   #27
MVP

Fact: i LOVE playing 7'3s at the 4. If i ALSO have a 7'3 on my team its curtains for the other squad a lot. If I'm guaranteed damn near one person is boxed I'll out board the whole team. I've done it with shorter people at the 4 and I'm the 5 if i KNOW they'll box.

Most games I've lost to 2 7'3s is when the other big quits. The cpu won't box so i end up getting outmanned in the paint. I don't qualify that as strategy. That's blatant cheese.

CATCH me at the 4 with a 7'3 I'll chew him up. He won't keep up in transition and i WILL pull. So if I'M hanging at the 3, my center is setting screens i have the whole paint?

Ooooooover. I've done it. Those are my 40s in points I've had. Did it a couple times with RANDOMS. I know what I'm talking about.

Right now you could do what you want. I PROMISE. 7' was it this year for athletics.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #28
Rookie

I actually feel the same. I made a crappy pg build to start the year hit the grind all the way to 94 before I got burnt out. Just a really flat out ****ty archetype (Shotcreating playmaker) that doesn’t do anything well, really.

I made a 7’ PF glass cleaner and he is a problem. The only archetype that gives me trouble with him is a pure 7’3” C glass cleaner. He’s fast, he can dunk, he’s long enough to defend every center. His post game is serviceable, his mid range is workable if wide open.

I literally abuse stretch bugs with him. It’s comical.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #29
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
These big behemoths are unstoppable. I manage sometimes, but the fact that these kids can just stand underneath the rim for easy dunks is ridiculous. It forces you to go big or use a rim protector. I can't even experiment with different builds because some kid always have this oversized center.

Why hasn't 2k addressed this?
You should specify that you are talking about online in the thread title, so you don't have to click the thread in vain when you think it's about the game in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneHova
Not until they fixed their oversized NBA court floor dimensions.
Undersized you mean? Since the players feel larger than the court.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 06-15-2018, 02:24 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I actually feel the same. I made a crappy pg build to start the year hit the grind all the way to 94 before I got burnt out. Just a really flat out ****ty archetype (Shotcreating playmaker) that doesn’t do anything well, really.

I made a 7’ PF glass cleaner and he is a problem. The only archetype that gives me trouble with him is a pure 7’3” C glass cleaner. He’s fast, he can dunk, he’s long enough to defend every center. His post game is serviceable, his mid range is workable if wide open.

I literally abuse stretch bugs with him. It’s comical.
It's laughable how many stretches either quit or get graded out. I love it.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #31
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Actually, I would like to see rebounding to be awarded to people who actually know how. Beyond that, oversized centers don't bother as much even with my lower rated player. There are so many sharpshooters and scoring perimeter players in ProAm that they indirectly freeze out the bigs.

As someone stated before, I like playing as a big, because I can still other things like defending the paint. My biggest pet peeve is that the post scoring moves are not that effective. The only moves that really works are the spin moves and dunking after an offensive rebound if your ratings/badges allow it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 05:57 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Actually, I would like to see rebounding to be awarded to people who actually know how. Beyond that, oversized centers don't bother as much even with my lower rated player. There are so many sharpshooters and scoring perimeter players in ProAm that they indirectly freeze out the bigs.

As someone stated before, I like playing as a big, because I can still other things like defending the paint. My biggest pet peeve is that the post scoring moves are not that effective. The only moves that really works are the spin moves and dunking after an offensive rebound if your ratings/badges allow it.

The post spin is all i use out of the post. But i also don't always use the right stick to spin. Since so many people like to back off the post player daring them to shoot (myself included) i find that gives me the advantage more. People expect you to go baseline off the spin,and i do, but sometimes turboing out of the post by letting go of L2 and getting the inside step gives me amazing results.

The dropstep and post spin badges can be used properly to destroy people. Take those away from people who NEED that and it's gonna be stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »