Home

Is fatigue ever going to matter in Play Online?

This is a discussion on Is fatigue ever going to matter in Play Online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

I just started playing this game again, and the lack of actual fatiguing in games just turns me completely off to this mode.

Want to use a tier 4 team? Cool here's 20 out of 20 minutes of Giannis where he shows no signs of fatigue and runs around at full speed for the whole game, full court pressing by himself.

Feeling bold and want to play tier 3? Fine, here's the death lineup for the entirety of the game, or better still here's 5 out LeBron initiating the blow by animation for the entire game.

At least give us a simulation mode for those of us that don't want to play Cyborg NBA players. I'd love to play in a full feature online league and just be done with play online, but they keep giving me this garbage keeper system.

Last edited by YourHairlineTrash; 07-10-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
Rookie

I’ve addressed this numerous times on twitter. I am 10th overall in NBA2K’s play now online (XBOX ONE TAG: MELOxAi is 30x2). I use the Nuggets, none of my players ever play more than 14m unless the game goes to overtime. Though I have 5 purple badges, I see other players going with the all time warriors & all time lakers w/ the starting 5 the entire game. My guess is because of purple badges & the fact I use broadcast instead of 2k cam. As a long time 2k player, I know the impact energy can have on the outcome of situations for even the best shooter, dunker, perimeter defender, rebounder, or shot blocker. So I set a starting 5, a bench that comes in at the 2nd & 4th qtrs. Recently, I saw on coaching sliders you can determine how many bench players coach plays & how much does does the performance factor play determining the playing time for each player, so that’s become my new thing vs going by qtrs. Ive seen guys go full 20m w/ Curry, Thompson, Mullin, KD & Chamberlain though. Same for Magic, Kobe, Baylor, Shaq & Kareem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2018, 02:01 AM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Is fatigue ever going to matter in Play Online?

You guys know what the problem is right? It's in 5 minute games that cause this problem. Players couldn't play more than 2 minutes before getting sub out in the first.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2018, 03:46 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
You guys know what the problem is right? It's in 5 minute games that cause this problem. Players couldn't play more than 2 minutes before getting sub out in the first.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That would make sense if guys were playing conservatively, the issue I have is that guys are sprinting all over the floor non-stop and it seems to have no impact on their stamina. It shouldn't be the 4th quarter with a minute to go for me to see their gatorade cup after they played the entire game holding sprint, spamming steal, doing non-stop dribble moves and basically playing full court press with Giannis, KD, Draymond, Klay, LeBron etc. I like a challenge, but I don't need the added challenge of using a team that's less talented, while the other guy uses the death lineup all game with no subs.

I could see if they were playing a slow paced game and fatigue didn't drop, but that's not how these guys who do this play.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #5
Banned

Housh123's Arena

It actually does matter

You can’t dribble too well or post up if your stamina is too low

Also more likely to get ripped

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Fatigue was fine back in NBA 2K15? where the PNO quarters were set to 6 minutes. It could have been 2K14.....

I used to beat my opponents consistently if they refused to sub their players. Even calling multiple timeouts didn't save them.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 07-11-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourHairlineTrash
That would make sense if guys were playing conservatively, the issue I have is that guys are sprinting all over the floor non-stop and it seems to have no impact on their stamina. It shouldn't be the 4th quarter with a minute to go for me to see their gatorade cup after they played the entire game holding sprint, spamming steal, doing non-stop dribble moves and basically playing full court press with Giannis, KD, Draymond, Klay, LeBron etc. I like a challenge, but I don't need the added challenge of using a team that's less talented, while the other guy uses the death lineup all game with no subs.

I could see if they were playing a slow paced game and fatigue didn't drop, but that's not how these guys who do this play.
I totally agree with the bold. I played a guy like that last night. And he had the 2002 Nets lol (Who fastbreaked a lot). He played the starting lineup the whole game. It's a tough double edge sword we're playing with if we're going to drop stamina for 5 minute games. The current system is better then what it use to be. Where you have the bar for using the speed button and then you start cutting into your overall stamina for the game.

I think the worst part about the current build for stamina is the timeouts.No on cares them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
It actually does matter

You can’t dribble too well or post up if your stamina is too low

Also more likely to get ripped

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #8
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

C'MON....This isn't hard ya'll.

It doesn't matter enough...period. It needs to play a bigger factor in games online. And being able to spam timeouts back to back in the 4th qtr shouldn't magically get guys back to 100.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »