Home

Would you like replace these classic teams for new ones

This is a discussion on Would you like replace these classic teams for new ones within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2018, 06:37 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Would you like replace these classic teams for new ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
The Sonics beat the defending champs Houston Rockets 4-0 with Hakeem and the Utah Jazx in the Western Conference finals. Yeah they beat weak teams alright.

And they were better than any of the lob city teams. But yeah I'll let you tell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Injuries like I said

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #66
Banned

Quote:
We're talking about 96 Bulls who were 72-10 and the 2016 Warriors who were 73-9. One of them won the title, the other didn't.

Didn't beat bird or kareem he waited till they retired

Old 07-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Do you even KNOW basketball? Kemp and Payton were THE lob city before the stupid name even caught on. Payton to Kemp connection via ally oops was a staple of the Supersonics, but again - I guess you were just a kid when that was going on.

Weak competition? Ahhhhh, here we go again. Discrediting defences and teams from past eras to suit your agenda. Shall we all play that game - like the absolute LACKLUSTER conference LBJ had the pleasure of going through every year to get to the finals? See? Works both ways, but is futile just the same.

Bro - Bird couldn't even handle a second year Jordan, not to mention the ENTIRE 86 Celtics team that threw themselves at him, let alone a prime MJ. Bird acknowledges this himself, so your argument is flawed.

The Pacers were in the 2000 finals.....
If the east is so weak I expect kawhi to make conference finals, and bird was spanking Jordan every year . You said couldn't handle , I say sweep.
And the sonics were nothing like lob city I know you never watched them play. We are talking about a team who threw more lobs in 1 year than the entire jazz franchise. The sonics were fast pace the clippers played Harcourt slow tempo.

Pure facts

Old 07-20-2018, 06:58 PM   #68
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth11
Injuries like I said

What injuries? Hakeem Olujuwon and Clyde Drexler played every game that series Seattle swept them.

John Stockton, Karl Malone, Jeff Hornacek, Byron Russell also played every game in the Western Conference finals.

What injuries are u talking about????

Old 07-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #69
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
I don't mean to be the grammar police, but come on guys, there's no sense in wasting your valid points and arguments against guys that disrespect classic teams that paved the way for current teams, can't form coherent sentences half the time & type "lololol" every other line.

It's time for this thread to die, and should be brought up only if certain classic teams are indeed removed.

Yeah you are right. At this point it looks like he's either trolling or he just started watching the NBA.

Old 07-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

The whole premise of thread is silly to begin with. Why would anybody want teams “replaced” when more could be added regardless.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:42 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Yeah you are right. At this point it looks like he's either trolling or he just started watching the NBA.

Nope I countering all the b's you spewing .
What you mean what injuries the rockets where hurt that whole season but I know you didn't watch that season .
And we all know Jordan only beat the magic cause their best defender was out.
Like I said garbage competition.
Talk about a east cakewalk
After the bad boys split and bird retiring that's easier time in conference history . We talking rookie shaq , and overrated Reggie, ohhh and I guess Mark price was super tough lol.
That kings team only had Reggie theus so we know that team making the playoffs shows that was the most overrated teams ever.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 04:55 AM   #72
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth11
If the east is so weak I expect kawhi to make conference finals, and bird was spanking Jordan every year . You said couldn't handle , I say sweep.
And the sonics were nothing like lob city I know you never watched them play. We are talking about a team who threw more lobs in 1 year than the entire jazz franchise. The sonics were fast pace the clippers played Harcourt slow tempo.

Pure facts

You either have a tough time reading, or simply do a great job of ignoring stuff - I think it's the later, because it suits your agenda.

The ONLY reason Bird beat Jordan was because the Celtics were a better TEAM. Try to focus now - T E A M. The Bulls were GARBAGE until they finally put the right pieces together to contend. 'Facts' As you say.

Again - try to focus here - You don't win ANYTHING if you have a garbage team. To put it in your 'era' = What has Lebron won, on his own, with Garbage teams? Answer? NOTHING. What did the Warriors win, before they had a stacked team? NOTHING. 'Facts' as you say.

Jordan ROASTED Bird and the Celtics INDIVIDUALLY nearly everytime they met. The Celtics had NO answer for MJ at all. Bird FULLY acknowledged that on SEVERAL occasions. Now....let that digest. 'Facts' As you say.

Like I said, it's looking evident you don't know a lot about basketball history if you think the Sonics weren't similar to Lob city. The Clippers weren't called 'Lob City' because of the half court sets.......

Seattle were throwing oops like it was going out of fashion, but I get the sense that of course you wouldn't know - you come across as a young fella. Nothing wrong with that, but your ignorance deflates any points you may have.

Again, you talk of weak competition - let us know the caliber of teams that LBJ has gone through in the East over the last few years.....? We can all play this game, but it's pointless.

Now, I'm willing to bet you'll happily ignore everything I've put here again, and go straight back to attacking older teams because that's all you've got.

This is the second thread you've hijacked, round of applause.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »