Home

What Should The Height Limit Be For Speedboosting MyPlayers in NBA 2K19?

This is a discussion on What Should The Height Limit Be For Speedboosting MyPlayers in NBA 2K19? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Max Speedboosting Height For 2K19
6'3" or 6'4" 14 66.67%
6'5" or 6'6" 4 19.05%
6'7" or 6'8" 2 9.52%
6'9" or 6'10" 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #17
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What Should The Height Limit Be For Speedboosting MyPlayers in NBA 2K19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
No one said taper dribbling. Speedboosting != dribbling. That's where your disconnect is here. I absolutely agree. A first step rating would help as there are people without elite dribbling skills that can get a first step and be gone.

Shawn Kemp and Russell Westbrook come to mind immediately. Westbrook has around average handles, but his first step is insane.

Elite dribblers are like Crawford, curry and Kyrie, but that doesn't always mean someone will have an explosive first step.

If anything, give slasher archetypes a high first step, playmakers a high dribble rating, and combinations lower one based on primary/secondary. That solves the issue. Playmakers should be confusing dudes, and not every great playmaker just explodes past people.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Operation Sports mobile app

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2018, 10:34 PM   #18
Banned

Housh123's Arena

We talking about giving playmakers and slashers all types of boosts what about my post scorer? Lol

Why does every change and fix only happen for guards? What about post boosting where if i have a little dude on me i can spam some **** and get a animation lol

2k gifts y’all guards some new BS every year and y’all still complain. I’m a pure post and all 2k added for us is the amazing ability to get blocked on pump fakes and by ppl who spam the Y button in the paint smh

All i want for Christmas is to not get blocked by someone i faked out of their shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-24-2018, 10:55 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
We talking about giving playmakers and slashers all types of boosts what about my post scorer? Lol

Why does every change and fix only happen for guards? What about post boosting where if i have a little dude on me i can spam some **** and get a animation lol

2k gifts y’all guards some new BS every year and y’all still complain. I’m a pure post and all 2k added for us is the amazing ability to get blocked on pump fakes and by ppl who spam the Y button in the paint smh

All i want for Christmas is to not get blocked by someone i faked out of their shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
lmao facts. hopefully body blocks will be gone.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:46 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gym Reaper
Jamal Crawford is 6'5".

Penny is 6'7".

Tall PGs that have the ball on a string - just off the top of my head.
There definitely have been some taller players throughout the NBA's history who have had tremendous dribbling ability, but you have to remember that in 2K's MyPlayer world, whatever that maximum allowed speedboosting height is, that's what you're going to see every single game at the other team's point guard position, and every other MyPlayer height below that max point might as well not even exist as an option in the player creation system, because it will be at a competitive disadvantage on the court, given how important height is in 2K games.

I just hope that in 2K19 the designers don't make a system where freakish MyPlayers who are one-of-a-kind talents (6'10" point guards and 7'3" centers) become the norm in every Pro Am team's lineup like they did in 2K18.

There should be some kind of on-court benefit to making a smaller MyPlayer, and limiting the speedboosting animations to those 6'3" and under builds would be a good way of accomplishing that goal, since 2K seems to be sticking with the same system of having ball control tiers in 2K19:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
[There are] 3 tiers based on [the] ball control [rating]:

Tier 1 = < 70
Tier 2 = 70 - 85
Tier 3 = 86+

Last edited by jyoung; 07-25-2018 at 02:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »