Home

2k maxed out?

This is a discussion on 2k maxed out? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
2k maxed out?

Graphics and small detail improvements in gamplay especially crowd arena atmostphere.based on the beta videos..I bet 2k can't wait for Next Gen era.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2k maxed out?

Graphically, probably.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: 2k maxed out?

I think there is a step they can take that would reward sim players. Im new so i cant really create a thread. This feels like an appropriate thread.

Let me start off by saying the gameplay in 2k18 is terrific. Playing against HOF is so rewarding and challenging and at the time beatable if you learn to play both on ball and offball defense correctly. Great game offline.

The reality is a teddybear mascot with a mohawk doing crossovers in my park is not sim. I understand people love myplayer but there needs to be a focus on something more close to NBA basketball. 2k needs to take note of modern sim racing games and have single player modes with an online leaderboard. And here is the idea. Have a mode called Master My Team where you select a team of your choice and you randomly get matched with 1 of the remaining 29 nba teams vs the PC. After each game record the scoring margin and have an online leaderboard per team with minimum 30 games or sonething against the Hof cpu. So if im a Warriors fan and i only play with them i can chase the top margins of victory on the Warriors leaderboard.

There are a couple of great advantages to this idea.
1. A completely even playing field. No simple human playing mistake you can exploit.
2. Each point matters! It will alll go into your average point differential.
3. People love chasing world records in videogames. Even if your not the best to see your progress as you win more games and improve your margin of victory would be rewarding
4. Lets say you maxed out as a player with the Warriors or you want a different challenge. you can chose another team and try to reach the top there. Ideally the best sim player can play with any team.

There will always be ways to monetise the game. You could do it here too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »