Home

2k Please stop getting game feedback from youtubers

This is a discussion on 2k Please stop getting game feedback from youtubers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2018, 08:16 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k Please stop getting game feedback from youtubers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Couldn't agree more. There are gamers on here who play just as much as some YouTube wannabe but aren't given anything like the same attention.
The difference is that they have a following and all of the rest of us don't... Come on now... Stop acting like y'all don't know how this whole thing goes... Clout and noteriety has always been the driving force to influence anything... ESPECIALLY in this social media era... Instead of whining about them listening to 2k YouTubers you should be worried about them listening to the RIGHT ones... 2k at the end of the day is trying to promote their product and since most people follow and watch these YouTubers they are clearly gonna have some sway on how the game goes... Let's act like we have some sense here
Old 07-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #10
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

As someone who’s been watching 2K YouTube and been looking either as a member or lurker on OS for almost a decade now, I can say I completely disagree with not inviting youtubers. Some of them don’t need to be invited true, but guys like Smoove, Shake, Mazique etc. those guys are worthy of an invite and giving feedback. Those guys and others have shown they aren’t swayed by popular opinion and they have their own minds.

Also 2K still does what they want but community feedback from trustworthy sources is always, always helpful.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #11
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Stop taking feedback from the ppl who make it their job to make videos? Naw I’m pretty ok with you tubers influencing the game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Meh...like listening to Little Billy on Twitter is any better.

This. Part of the problem is people tweet at the 2k devs crying because they can’t cheese the game so they switch things to appease the whiners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2018, 09:24 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks17
This. Part of the problem is people tweet at the 2k devs crying because they can’t cheese the game so they switch things to appease the whiners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This whole thread should be about not listening to whiny randoms on Twitter... There are plenty of 2k YouTubers that got invited that actually care about all of us getting a good game and they offer good critiques... Hell I applaud 2k for even inviting Smoove because he was the main one ripping 2k18 and 2k17 a new one... That's a good sign... It shows they aren't as scared of critiques as people claim them to be... If they listen to the right YouTubers the game would be phenomenal... And let's not act like 2k is known for listening to feedback anyway outside of some regular Joe crybaby crying because he can't speed boost
Old 07-22-2018, 10:25 AM   #14
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Couldn't agree more. There are gamers on here who play just as much as some YouTube wannabe but aren't given anything like the same attention.
My thing is look at "who" your taking suggestions from i dont even mind if its a youtuber but at least let it be an OG 2k youtuber who has been around awhile.. IPOD, shakedown, smoove etc etc. Not the random dudes who blew up 2 years ago off of playing park mode and you assume they are now experts at the game because they get twitch views.

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 07-22-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ
As someone who’s been watching 2K YouTube and been looking either as a member or lurker on OS for almost a decade now, I can say I completely disagree with not inviting youtubers. Some of them don’t need to be invited true, but guys like Smoove, Shake, Mazique etc. those guys are worthy of an invite and giving feedback. Those guys and others have shown they aren’t swayed by popular opinion and they have their own minds.

Also 2K still does what they want but community feedback from trustworthy sources is always, always helpful.
exactly this is where i was trying to go with it certain youtubers are actually legit and deserve to be heard out... others are toxic and will tell you things that will only benefit how they and there friends play in a specific mode. i probably should of been a little more detailed in my original post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #16
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ

It’s all marketing... I agree and respect the 3 guys you named. As long as they weed out and know where to get the feedback from and where not from. It sounded like mazique and smoove got a 2nd day and with the devs that were not there on the 1st night so sounds like they get it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »