Home

2ks problem with animations

This is a discussion on 2ks problem with animations within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
2ks problem with animations

Alot of animations in this game just shouldn't trigger in the 4th.

Walking to inbound while the clock is running. If I'm holding R2 it should rush the offense like in NFL.

Standing 1 inch vert jumpshots near the rim. Is this shootaround? Theres a defender infront of the person 99 percent of the time.

These reach in foul animations that last 5 seconds and look more like intentional foul animations.

These poster animations that were clearly made for the park. Why is Wilt getting dunked on and laying face down with his arms spread far out like a crime scene chalk drawing?

Why are these animations lasting longer than they need to? If I do a spin move why is he doing a spin and a step back? If I wanted to step back I would step back??

The animations that are mocapped for this game act like there is no defender in basketball. Why not run a 5 v 5 scrimmage with actual hoopers wearing the mocap suit, and get amimations from there?

Look at your bigs next time you play. Some offensive rebounds are missed because they are trying to do a putback animation. The problem with the putback animations, is that to do them from a standing position, the player freezess with their knees half bent and there 2 arms by their side with 90 degree locked elbows and hands out like they are calling for the ball

Instead we get these slow, no sense of urgency or defender animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: 2ks problem with animations

Been saying this for years not to mention there are animations only the CPU can do.

Slow shooting animations that gets BLK, animations that stop for the CPU to trigger a steal or BLK.

Yeah the animation that unrealistically speeds up and last 3-5 dribbles when it should only be 1-2 dribbles.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #3
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

They gotta work on the animations around the rim, this years game rarely gave me shots where i used my body to shield the shot as i put it up, they were almost like shots someone would do in shoot around,even then they were odd, they look like layups with a hot potato, and also the, this is going to get sent a mile finger roll that activates from 5 to 7 feet from the rim, they should make it so that if you want to finish going towards the rim, you point the left stick towards the rim, if not you put a high arcing shot like you would in real basketball.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:00 PM   #4
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd6zueMHDpM

They need to bring back the moving across the lane running hook. Like at 7:35 in this video. Its fundamental, and recently in 2k games when you take this angle going into the lane the animations they can give you are horrible. They gotta implement an animation like this into they're games again, last game i remember it being in was 2k13.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd6zueMHDpM

They need to bring back the moving across the lane running hook. Like at 7:35 in this video. Its fundamental, and recently in 2k games when you take this angle going into the lane the animations they can give you are horrible. They gotta implement an animation like this into they're games again, last game i remember it being in was 2k13.
Alot of animations around and in the paint make no sense.

Why do I have seven footers shooting jumpers 2 feet infront of the rim??

You're right the running hook needs to be implemented or atleast a runner/floater variation needs to be easier executed for players like Ben Simmons
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »