Home

Stick with NBA 2K18 or Buy NBA 2k19?

This is a discussion on Stick with NBA 2K18 or Buy NBA 2k19? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #9
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stick with NBA 2K18 or Buy NBA 2k19?

Its early for me to make my decision on whether im going to buy 19 or not unless i hear the classic teams is going to receive the same amount of love as the current teams in regards to updates of arenas, signatures, playbooks, players hair styles, editing of short shorts.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #10
Rookie

I've bought every 2k ever day 1 including the first one on the Dreamcast this is the first one I'm considering not buying for me 2k28 wasn't a bad game but it got old quickly and I don't exactly know why.. anybody else feel like that? I guess it's a little of like I just felt like 18 it maxxed out for this generation it's like it's nothing to improve on.But I also feel like I don't want to support them because of the crazy microtransactions,I don't play any of the modes that use vc but I don't like the path videogames are headed right now with the "games as a service" model & the making the version that comes out "3" days early a 100 bucks is just a dirt bag scum level of trying to get every dollar out of your customers
Old 07-23-2018, 11:53 AM   #11
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by melo627
I've bought every 2k ever day 1 including the first one on the Dreamcast this is the first one I'm considering not buying for me 2k28 wasn't a bad game but it got old quickly and I don't exactly know why..

I am assuming you are a time traveler? How are the graphics like in 2k28?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 11:57 AM   #12
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Haven't bought 2K since 2011, so I must say, I'm pretty Utah Jazz'd about buying it when it comes out. Long-term franchise player, no interest in online play or really even MyPlayer. Been playing College Hoops 2K8 as my basketball fix for a bit, so the (insane) improvement of graphics among so many other things (commentary, halftime reports, stadiums, fans, etc) is going to be pretty neat.

The most important thing to me is longevity, something Madden has lacked for years. I usually get about 10-15 seasons deep in a team and that usually lasts me till the next iteration.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #13
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Wait and see approach, you have plenty of time to decide, there's going to be the demo you can try and see how are you going to like it. This year I won't preorder it like previous years, haven't really been happy with the last two editions, but if I see positive reactions from the people I trust and if I am going to like the demo and how it plays I can see myself buying it, but I certainly won't be preordering it
Old 07-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #14
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Gonna take a pass on day 1 for 2K for the first time in three years. Really was disappointed with the rollout last year -- a couple of MyLeague bugs prevented me from starting one for almost a month and the way they pushed the microtransactions and the still terrible servers (despite repeated assurances to the lead up that 2K18 was going to be better in that regard) have left me a bit cold to 2K this year. I don't even bother with any other game mode but MyLeague, but I felt terrible for the folks who were dealing with all the online issues -- if our roles were reversed, I'd have been just as mad.

I'm having plenty of fun with 2K18 (despite a few lingering issues) and I've booked the fall for Spider-Man.

I'll revisit getting 2K19 during the holiday sales, but unless they really buckle down and fix the issues the game has (legacy and otherwise) and address the poor state of servers and the crowd (such a dead crowd), I just don't see myself getting the game this year.

I really hope they nail it this time -- they got my hopes up big for 2K17 and 18, and both fell short in a lot of ways despite being a better basketball game than their competition. If 2K would focus less on new, buzzworthy features and instead took those resources and devoted them to improving the fundamentals of the game, I'd feel much better about it all. Even if they added in a big feature to MyLeague, I'd still be on the fence overall about buying.

Honestly, I feel a bit burned out on the 2K train. I've put in a ton of time over the last three years on their games (as Steam will tell me, lol) and I love the work done, but I feel like they've over-promised and under-delivered the last three years and my faith in them not doing that again is low.
Old 07-23-2018, 01:26 PM   #15
Rookie

JJones07's Arena

OVR: 2

I really want to buy it day one, but waiting for the myleague blog. Year to year saves are a huge deal breaker for me this time around. I love 2K, but that is one thing I desperately need and want from this point forward. Unless they add everything else from my wish list and then some, I can't keep buying it every year. I have less and less time to restart a myleague. I don't touch any other mode.

When I'm not playing video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

At the moment my plan is to stick with 2k18. NBA 2K is usually my most played game each year and while 2K18 was far from perfect, I'm actually really enjoying my MyLeague. Between playing the game, micro-managing the league, doing write-ups and creating draft classes, I have invested a lot of time in 2K18 and the thought of waiting on rosters, draft classes, patches, etc. just doesn't sound appealing to me right now. Plus, with Spider-Man and RDR 2 both dropping the fall then at the very least I can hold off on 2k19 a few months. With that said, if they drop something out of this world for MyLeague then I'm sure my mind can be changed pretty quickly.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »