Home

NBA 2K19 Hands-On Impressions (Forbes)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Hands-On Impressions (Forbes) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K19 Hands-On Impressions (Forbes)

Forbes' Brian Mazique has posted his NBA 2K19 hands-on impressions (early build, not final) from the recent...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 08:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K19 Hands-On Impressions (Forbes)

His point about graphics, hasn't lighting been 2k's biggest visual problem? Other than body types/definition?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-23-2018, 08:31 PM   #3
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

that's great article to read. can't wait to play this on September 7th and see how good is gameplay especially defense and ai cpu. Rebound need some tweak so i hopefully Wang and Gallagher tweak it before release it on September 7th. Lighting is not good in 2k19 but oh well, that not bother me tho. gameplay and ai cpu are main things i only care about

Last edited by michaelhawj; 07-23-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:38 PM   #4
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Love reading the below... Best it was ever done imo was 2k2 and playing with the glove. You could really feel the difference with defensive guys and the timing window was near perfect in that game. It was so rewarding and fun to use guys like GP. I have not felt that way in this area of the game since that game 16-17 years ago. For a workaround I usually always tweak steal sliders 1st off to a point where it’s 50/50 and risk/reward with steals/fouls to find that happy medium, but it’s usually always a canned animation instead of a tangible ball. This is encouraging to hear.

Ball Tangibility - This has been covered in a few areas above, but overall, the ball tangibility is much better. It’s difficult to convey how big of a deal that is and in how many different areas this helps to improve the game. Dribblers have to be more conscious of defenders, thus it creates a bigger skill gap for players who can time their pokes at a dribble. Ball handlers can anticipate defenders reaching and chain together dribble moves to create space. Also, blocked shots are more plausible too. This was my favorite upgrade of the preview.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:51 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Rebounding seems to be a reoccurring complaint in the previews weve seen....seems like whatever went wrong last year couldn't quite be corrected....hopefully its something that can be tweaked before launch.

Otherwise...good stuff from Brian..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 09:24 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Rebounding seems to be a reoccurring complaint in the previews weve seen....seems like whatever went wrong last year couldn't quite be corrected....hopefully its something that can be tweaked before launch.

Otherwise...good stuff from Brian..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's obviously speculation on my part, but I feel like there must be some bug that they can't find, in the same way that it was with the excessive clipping. It was such a glaring issue last year that for it to still be a problem makes me feel that this is the case. Madden had this problem with CPU QB AI and CPU play calling for the last couple of years.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:36 PM   #7
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I thought rebounding was decent this year idk. Centers didn't get every single board like in 2k17..if you have an athletic wing you can average 5-7 boards a game even vs comp in pro am play. I really liked that aspect of rebounding.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:08 PM   #8
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's obviously speculation on my part, but I feel like there must be some bug that they can't find, in the same way that it was with the excessive clipping. It was such a glaring issue last year that for it to still be a problem makes me feel that this is the case. Madden had this problem with CPU QB AI and CPU play calling for the last couple of years.

Based on what Czar was out here saying earlier, I think it's more of a technical problem of making the calculations to make it look sim with so many variables in play simultaneously.

Think about it, that's a lot of bodies at any possible distribution of spots on the floor, with a lot of different physical attributes at once to crunch when the ball goes up and is determined to be a miss. And with that the ball trajectory and such. If they get it 95% right then 5% of situations are janky. If teams take 80 shots or so per 48 minute game than that's 8 rebounding situations per game that don't look right.

It sounds like it's just a technical challenge at this point, not a bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »