Home

Big men need to be fun to use in 2k

This is a discussion on Big men need to be fun to use in 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #57
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Big men need to be fun to use in 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
I personally don’t know how correctly using up and unders isn’t stick skill.

If anyone could do it everyone would

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Everyone used to spam up and under since 2K14 and before. Not hard to tap a button and wait for a jump. Stringing together 3 or 4 fakes in a row used to require skill.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #58
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Everyone used to spam up and under since 2K14 and before. Not hard to tap a button and wait for a jump. Stringing together 3 or 4 fakes in a row used to require skill.

The way your saying it is like every single player in 2k18 jumps at every single up and under and it’s insanely easy to convert them or something

There is DEFINITELY a nuance to getting people jump at your fakes when they don’t want to.

I’ll say it again, hop jumper into the up and under is a grade A move i can play stage for hours and not see one person even try it. That’s skill no argument about it

Also add in non of those were bs up and unders where i was defended well and just hit a contact layup

All those were CLEAN. That’s skill bro

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #59
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I would agree the disconnect here is between on/offline players.

This game gives you a ton of tools- chains and counters that can freeze a defender and it feels great when you pull off the right one vs a human defender. So when guys suggest that your kind of 'boot legging' your way to post success...it can be annoying because- it is something you put work in getting down. You CAN do some legitimate post work in this game.

On the other hand, I get it....the default CPU, especially on higher levels... doesn't have those same reactions, and can often times force you into a 'contested' post animation that doesnt feel earned....making the post game feel stale at times. It limits your options as far as what you can do.

For example, here is face up post work you cant really pull off vs the CPU I was showing another user-

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6c7uen

Old 07-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #60
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
@jeebs - thanks for posting and taking the time to record and post those videos. I think maybe we just share two views on what’s good or well done. No offense at all to you because it’s not you or how you are doing it and I watched every one of the videos in your 3 posts, but to me it looks so bad. Because the faceup game was so bad I actually went and edited every player at one point in my roster to have a O in face up tendencies.

You face up and the defender is auto not squared to you and it almost warps where the 2 players aren’t close or tied together. This makes a face drive obvious and easy. Then “if” you do jab step the cpu does nothing with no reactions. Zero. The 2 players need to tie together better imo. We’ve all seen it in past 2k games where your trying to post up and the cpu or user is trying to play post defense but can’t touch him and you feel awkward going to score 2 points as he kind of warped behind you and couldn’t attach to you. I just bring that up because In the post game the 2 don’t always mesh well. The other thing with the faceup is the drop into it. I can’t put my finger on it but the faceup almost brings you forward (or warp to side) as opposed to backwards if that makes sense?

The one up and under move you did is what happens a lot with the spin up and under animation to their opposite shooting hand. I hate that. That rarely if ever happens irl. I have seen Embiid do this but that’s because he still has awkward footwork and moves in the post still irl. He’s gotten better but still awkward and not very good yet at instinctively chaining moves with good footwork yet. Anyways, I just want to see the basic kevin Mchale up and unders. Like the video I posted with Hakeem in a previous post. That was beautiful. No need for anything else imo. Everything else is fine in the post game. It’s just those 2 moves that need some love imo minus the animations or interactions with the defense in the post and in the lane.

Just my .02... I’ll try and record some stuff and put it In 1 video to show...
Thank you for going through all that.

But I see what your trying to say. It doesn't look clean. I can agree with that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 08:04 PM   #61
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think all the moves have skill involved.

Because up and under your reacting to the defense. That's a skill in my opinion. Your watching the defense. And then doing moves to counter his movement.
https://youtu.be/vZsX801fDMk?t=22m27s

A lot people didn't learn about the L2 post up jabs and spin moves. These are huge in my opinion.
Yh very true. When you learn how to use these it helps a ton with using the bigs. I don't think big's aren't fun to use in 18 like some others, but the thing for me is how inconsistent some of the main go to moves are for big's. Like the post fade and hook, which hopefully from Wang's tweet seem's to be getting addressed in 19.

Last edited by WarMMA; 07-26-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #62
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

This game gives you a ton of tools- chains and counters that can freeze a defender and it feels great when you pull off the right one vs a human defender. So when guys suggest that your kind of 'boot legging' your way to post success...it can be annoying because- it is something you put work in getting down. You CAN do some legitimate post work in this game.

On the other hand, I get it....the default CPU, especially on higher levels... doesn't have those same reactions, and can often times force you into a 'contested' post animation that doesnt feel earned....making the post game feel stale at times. It limits your options as far as what you can do.

For example, here is face up post work you cant really pull off vs the CPU I was showing another user-

Those face up shots go in ? Seems like a bad shot in 2k . Something I would like to use in pro am.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #63
MVP

I have a slashing shot creating 2 guard and I love using him in the post, but offline since online in pro am none of your cancerous sharpshooting teammates want you to ever post up.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 08:38 PM   #64
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Yup, definitely can't do any of that vs the CPU.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »