Home

MLO Community: Today We Party Like it's 1999

This is a discussion on MLO Community: Today We Party Like it's 1999 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #33
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLO Community: Today We Party Like it's 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks17
I'd join this. Baby due in the fall and then my life is over lmao.
Me 2... daughter is about to turn 1 at the end of the month and Im barely able to get out on Wednesdays to play rec ball. That first month is hard bro hope u used to not getting sleep lol.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Today August 2,2018 is the greatest day in the history of being a strictly online league player. This is the day that will always be remembered as the day 2K didn't turn it's back on the online league player but simply opened the doors. Hugs were had, fist pumps in the air, tears were shed. I am simply walking on cloud 9. Where do we even begin to start with the great news??

I still remember the day I bought my PS4 on launch day with 2K14. The horror I quickly found out when creating a league is one I will never forget. The horror, anger, disappointment was shown by my words on these very threads. 2K made some improvements several years later and introduced a keeper system that I am not sure many people used. I ran a 12 min league based off real contracts, our own free agency, rookie draft all on google sheets. It was a ton of work but in the end the system worked. There is only so much you can do on google sheets and I am very proud of the work my league had. 2K devs would be thoroughly impressed with our system. This just goes to show how much the community needed a true online association. Years and years of being neglected by park, offline my lg, my gm, pro am, etc we finally have our day!!

To have a full functional ONLINE league with free agency, rookie draft, contracts and so on is amazing. Thats not even scratching the surface of what I just read. We can play f'n summer league games!!! There is an actual all star draft!!! Player mentorship is a thing!!! Changing rules to allow 1-16 seeding is possible in a video game!! This is all mind blowing and reminds me how far this mode has come.

It's been a hell of a roller coaster from start to finish. I remember joining my first 2K league in 2k9 where they had a website to see live scores and add league content. Then it moved to a true online association that was a little buggy to overall worked. Then next gen came and it seemed like we were forgotten. Here we are with a mode that hopefully provides a unique experience to the casual 2k gamer who wants to play in a league with a couple of his friends or a hardcore gamer that has 30 owners ready to compete and play against each other.

A big thanks to all the devs who worked on this mode. We gave you a hard time but we are truly grateful that you delivered. Another shoutout to all the users here who kept the online league forums active. Without you guys this most likely would not have happened. It truly is a special day for the online league community and it's importance can not be underestimated.

I have so many questions about this mode I will dive further into the specifics of it. Now just tell Ronnie2K to unblock me on twitter so I can stop bothering him about the status of online league.

Old 08-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #35
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo

WE BACK!!!
my man lol

2k just earned themselves a pre order.

mlo is the mode i play the most so im gonna eat. Praise the devs

Last edited by nddot; 08-02-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #36
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

5 years of MLO's with the Hawks. Make that 6. Willing to run in 1 xbox and 1 Ps4 lg. 82 games Hof. Vann get off your lazy *** and build the Matrix. ha

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-02-2018, 04:24 PM   #37
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
5 years of MLO's with the Hawks. Make that 6. Willing to run in 1 xbox and 1 Ps4 lg. 82 games Hof. Vann get off your lazy *** and build the Matrix. ha
LOL!
Old 08-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

I went from absolutely no interest in this game to likely a pre-order lol. Now my friend and I just need to find a sim league!
Old 08-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #39
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Congrats to y’all . Might give a try If I can find a league that actually stays active .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-02-2018, 05:20 PM   #40
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

If y'all on XB1 & need a sim league, slide in my DMs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »