Home

NBA 2K19 MyLEAGUE and MyGM Developer Blog

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 MyLEAGUE and MyGM Developer Blog within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2018, 01:21 PM   #25
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K19 MyLEAGUE and MyGM Developer Blog

Historical draft classes... Mentor systems... New CAP... trading more future picks... Real Time Free Agency... there's just so much information in this article. I can't get my head wrapped around all of this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
The "Customize Season Awards" almost made me cry. I've been wishing for that for 10 year.s

Yes, no longer will DPOY default to the big men with the most rebounds and blocks.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:23 PM   #27
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I read that to mean he just loaded 40 years of draft classes that ended in the draft class that was in 17 not the actually year

Oh you are very likely right, it just occurred to me that the wording was just vague enough that it might be the case.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
The historical draft classes really are a great idea, but the passage that caught my eye here rereading it for, like, the fifth time was ...

I'm probably reading into it, but it's something I've always wanted -- if you use a historical draft class, does game MyLeague date shift to reflect the year?

So if I used a 1976 class, does that mean they're drafting in June of 1976? If so, that'd be amazing. It's a little thing and a really dumb thing, but just having the ability to shift the year would go a long way for immersion.

I realize they can't recreate the league as it stood in 1976 (and would you really want to? Times were vastly different), but just bumping the year date back to a time of your choosing would be nice.

Probably not a feature that's in there, but something I noticed this time around.
The way I'm interpreting the feature is that they are simply compiling what they can with players they've already put on classic teams, plus maybe some new (old) ones, but they aren't going to be complete and are akin to putting legends into the FA pool in MLB except via the actual draft.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:24 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen286
Yes, no longer will DPOY default to the big men with the most rebounds and blocks.
Or the MIP improving his PPG by 1 point lol.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #30
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1
WOW! Multiple times reading this my jaw dropped! The Lottery Tournament and the 16 re seeding may be the coolest feature ever! I need to take a deep breath walk for a second and read this again. Wow!*
Old 08-02-2018, 01:35 PM   #31
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Just when I thought I was out...

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 08-02-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #32
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

My jaw just dropped

So many new cool things improved and added. I don't play MLO, but I'm so glad those people who play it are definitely getting a much needed upgrade. I'm definitely intrigued by that Mentorship thing, it adds another dimension to FA signings and trades; the Lonzo/Rondo and Ingram/Lebron examples were perfect to show how it could be happen not only in 2K19, but also in real life. Also, I loved how you can select between story-based ML and "traditional" ML, with different levels of difficulty; the best of both worlds, for sure.

Now I only need a rock solid gameplay without all the bull**** that we've seen in 2K18 and we're good to go. I might even skip MyCareer and focus on MyLeague if need be. I'll likely won't buy on release day and wait a few weeks though, because 2K18 infuriated me to no end.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »